is 4chan really evil?

Mecha Jesus

Mar 3, 2011
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Eumersian said:
4chan is not evil. Never has been to my knowledge. It's a place where people can post stuff, as far as I know. Not even /b/ is evil, despite its reputation.

Perhaps the users do "evil" or "mean" or "bad" things at times, but that doesn't mean that the place is evil. Germany wasn't "evil" in WW2. The Nazis were evil.
You could even say that not all Nazi's were evil (although granted many of them were), but many others were just misguided/deluded/afraid of not joining. (off topic I know)
Godwin's law

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
I don't think of them as evil, I just think of them as kind of stupid.

5t3v0

Jan 15, 2011
I'd say 4chan is more of a collective society, with differing morals, interests and beliefs. The anonimity doesnt help though, but you cant really call them all "Evil", just occasionally derranged and occasionally helpful. Being made up of tons of different people with different minds about everything you cant really predict what they will do next

mrcoolfs

Aug 10, 2009
As someone who frequently visits the video game board on 4chan I can safely say that 4chan is not evil. At all.
People seem to "fear" /b/, when it really is just a board filled with hyperactive teens regurgitating the same old jokes until they become stale.
/b/ may have been an infamous place on the internet once, but those days are over. Now it's like fearing a dead lion because it was once a mighty beast.
Rules 1 and 2 were a reference to Fight Club taken way too seriously by people taking it out of context.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
raxiv said:
Do knives kill people, or do other people kill people?
They REALLY REALLY REALLY help. So technically no. But they help. A lot. This arguement always annoys me. Do nukes kill people? No? NUKES FOR EVERY MAN WOMAN AND CHILD :D

OP: Nah, its a place of pure chaotic neutral. That tends to sway to evil.

Art Axiv

Cultural Code-Switcher
Dec 25, 2008
BiscuitTrouser said:
raxiv said:
Do knives kill people, or do other people kill people?
They REALLY REALLY REALLY help. So technically no. But they help. A lot. This arguement always annoys me. Do nukes kill people? No? NUKES FOR EVERY MAN WOMAN AND CHILD :D

OP: Nah, its a place of pure chaotic neutral. That tends to sway to evil.
They help, true, but they are not directly responsible.
The argument gets better, if you substitute knives with something more "neutral", such as a car.

And yes, 4chan is purely chaotic neutral. I wouldn't say it sways to evil. It's an epithomy (uh, spelling) of humanity.

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
No, it's entirely netrual.

They are like Pandora's Box, you don't know wather you'll be blasted with curse words and sent pics of bloody stumps that used to be limbs, or help track down someone who hurt a kitten or something.