is anyone else playing as a Khajiit in Skyrim?!

Prismatic Baron

Aug 24, 2010
I've never been an Elder Scrolls fan. But I picked up Skyrim cause I got it for 15 dollars. Lizard people are clearly the best race, though, sorry to say.

traineesword

Jan 24, 2010
i purchased skyrim at 00:20 on the 11/11/11. I went home and started up the game then spent over an hour creating a character, 45 minutes of that time was debating which race i wanted to be.
It eventually came down to be between a High Elf and a Nord (i know right!? It was because i personally thought the Altmer looked pretty damn badass) and I chose the Nord, wanting to experiment with the dual wielding weapon system. 20 minutes later and a tutorial finished, I rebooted the game, deleted my Nord save files and restarted as a Khajit. I'm not sure if it was just the time of night or if i was suffering some unusal man-period that raised my expectations, but I just found that the fighting was more than lacklustre. My hits didn't feel like they were even connecting, my character would be making loads of puffing "i'm being hurt" noises and then the enemy would suddenly collapse with barely any of my health actually taken off. I decided that I did not want to play through a game fighting in such a disconnected way, so i decided i'd have a sneaky character. I remembered Khajit had a boost in unarmed fighting/hand-to-hand and so I chose to play as one of those.

I didn't know, however, that Bethesda had removed that particular skill, so i ended up using a bow anyway. I can say that I am now thoroughly enjoying the game. My character has just reached level 20 and in a few levels time will hopefully be able to sneak undetected regardless of the weight of his armour as well as become capable of stealing peoples clothes literally of their backs.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who ended up preferring the sneaking over the full-throttle combat. and it's not like i never get my claws out. It is quite amusing to beat a dragon to death with your fists.

Also, please feel free to leave some feedback that perhaps the combat isn't as bad as I first perceived it. I am considering making a new character soon and I would like to try something non-sneaky.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
I've got a Khajiit pickpocket/assassin dual wielding a sword and a dagger. For some reason it just feels right to be sneaking around as a cat person. Plus it always makes me laugh when ever I stealth kill a wolf for some reason.

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
steelserenity said:
lol I figured, just gotta stand up for my cat brothas! (and sistas, I guess)
And a 'scaly'?? I've never heard that one before lol! :S
Generally referring to a scaled furry. Mostly dragons and reptiles since they don't have fur. Hence calling them a furry is... well not logically. Hence is why they are called scalies ;)

steelserenity

Jul 21, 2011
Ruwrak said:
Khajiit Assasin / Thief / Werewolf / Eater of babies here :D

And well even though some people draw extremely quick conclusions combining the avatar with the post, hold your fury and rage for a moment. I picked the Khajiit because of their stats for the intended gamepaly (sneaking and backstabbing.). Yeah there are actually 'normal' choices to be had :3

Next one I dunno. I think I'll want to experience heavy armor 2h gameplay next. Whenever... I ever... get done... with... this gameplay x.x

So yeah Khajiit high fives for everyone |3
Nice Khajiit/werewolf combo there! I was thinking of that, I was curious; how does it make them look? I know being a werewolf changes a human characters appearance pretty awesomely, but
for a Khajiit, they are already an animal...

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
steelserenity said:
Ruwrak said:
Khajiit Assasin / Thief / Werewolf / Eater of babies here :D

And well even though some people draw extremely quick conclusions combining the avatar with the post, hold your fury and rage for a moment. I picked the Khajiit because of their stats for the intended gamepaly (sneaking and backstabbing.). Yeah there are actually 'normal' choices to be had :3

Next one I dunno. I think I'll want to experience heavy armor 2h gameplay next. Whenever... I ever... get done... with... this gameplay x.x

So yeah Khajiit high fives for everyone |3
Nice Khajiit/werewolf combo there! I was thinking of that, I was curious; how does it make them look? I know being a werewolf changes a human characters appearance pretty awesomely, but
for a Khajiit, they are already an animal...
Magically we look the same-ish. Actually come to think of it, I should 3rd person it sometimes. (yeah I play first person, I know 3rd looks awesome, but my depth perception is... terrible :p )

p.s. seriously? Vampire Khajiit? Oh sod off :V It just does not match XD
That and I hate vampires since twilight. Destroyed the authentic Bella Lugosi thing for me.

steelserenity

Jul 21, 2011
Prismatic Baron said:
I've never been an Elder Scrolls fan. But I picked up Skyrim cause I got it for 15 dollars. Lizard people are clearly the best race, though, sorry to say.
That's cool, but my real question is...
where did you get Skyrim for 15 dollars???

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
steelserenity said:
'Cause honestly, I'm starting to feel like the only one!!
Yes, I was waiting for this day. Take this!

Joking aside though, out of all my friends only one is playing Khajiit and thats because shes a crazy cat lady.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Yeah I'm playing a Khajiit Archer/Assassin/Sneaky Bastard.

Hoping to add Werewolf to that discription but I've yet to contract the disease or find Hircines shrine. My elder scrolls lore is a little rusty though, he's the one with the ring that has something to do with the werewolves right?

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
Once I get Skyrim for christmas, I'll be playing one. ^_^

EDIT: Not OT but still related to Skyrim... Is there any way to become a good fist-fighter in Skyrim now that they've removed the unarmed skill that was in previous Elder Scrolls games?

Vampire cat

Apocalypse Meow
Apr 21, 2010
Fasckira said:
Joking aside though, out of all my friends only one is playing Khajiit and thats because shes a crazy cat lady.
I'm a crazy cat-lady and I play Argonian Oo.

To be fair I've played Kajiit too though... And Dark Elf. And Wood Elf. And Orc... And High Elf... I've played a lot of Skyrim this week I guess X3.

ayuri

Sep 11, 2009
Fasckira said:
steelserenity said:
'Cause honestly, I'm starting to feel like the only one!!
Yes, I was waiting for this day. Take this!

Beat me to it... I also play Khajiit I wanted to originally use bare fist combat but it has no upgrading system so I am usually an archer rouge.

Prismatic Baron

Aug 24, 2010
steelserenity said:
Prismatic Baron said:
That's cool, but my real question is...
where did you get Skyrim for 15 dollars???
Nothing special, I just had $45 of Best Buy reward zone crap that was going to expire in 2 hours, and Skyrim was the only fun looking game to come out recently.

Off topic: I'm not sure why everyone is crapping them self over this game, but it is pretty fun.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Yep; a sneaky-sneaky member of the Dark Brotherhood, loyal follower of a number of Daedric princes, Thane of Whiterun, and appreciator of fine milk.

steelserenity

Jul 21, 2011
riottrio said:
i purchased skyrim at 00:20 on the 11/11/11. I went home and started up the game then spent over an hour creating a character, 45 minutes of that time was debating which race i wanted to be.
It eventually came down to be between a High Elf and a Nord (i know right!? It was because i personally thought the Altmer looked pretty damn badass) and I chose the Nord, wanting to experiment with the dual wielding weapon system. 20 minutes later and a tutorial finished, I rebooted the game, deleted my Nord save files and restarted as a Khajit. I'm not sure if it was just the time of night or if i was suffering some unusal man-period that raised my expectations, but I just found that the fighting was more than lacklustre. My hits didn't feel like they were even connecting, my character would be making loads of puffing "i'm being hurt" noises and then the enemy would suddenly collapse with barely any of my health actually taken off. I decided that I did not want to play through a game fighting in such a disconnected way, so i decided i'd have a sneaky character. I remembered Khajit had a boost in unarmed fighting/hand-to-hand and so I chose to play as one of those.

I didn't know, however, that Bethesda had removed that particular skill, so i ended up using a bow anyway. I can say that I am now thoroughly enjoying the game. My character has just reached level 20 and in a few levels time will hopefully be able to sneak undetected regardless of the weight of his armour as well as become capable of stealing peoples clothes literally of their backs.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who ended up preferring the sneaking over the full-throttle combat. and it's not like i never get my claws out. It is quite amusing to beat a dragon to death with your fists.

Also, please feel free to leave some feedback that perhaps the combat isn't as bad as I first perceived it. I am considering making a new character soon and I would like to try something non-sneaky.
Lol I know what you mean, I was old-school waiting in line and got by hands on it between 00:10 and 00:20 11/11/11!!
I usually go that hard trying to perfectly decide/create/edit my perfect character, but that`s
another thing I liked about Khajiit;
a)It`s a kitty, I knew from the beginning I had to play it no matter what, and
b)you pretty much can`t go wrong in the customization! It always looked so awesome/cute!

Honestly, I think you made a great choice! The sneaky ways of the Khajiit are so much fun, and though I have never played a Nord, I can understand the feeling you might have towards the combat. High elves are awesome too, I think that`s what I might do after this character too!