Is Blizzard Developing Diablo "Sequels"?

Twad

Nov 19, 2009
BioTox said:
Woo! Here comes World of Diablocraft! I mean... *cough*

(-,-),.o0( That was my outside voice)
Blizzard; we make good games, and we love your money very VERY much! Dont forget about World of StarDiaWarcraft!

Exocet

Pandamonium is at hand
Dec 3, 2008
Diablo RTS.
You control angels and human heroes against the forces of Hell.

Diablo FPSlasher like Dark Messiah of might and magic.I would actually bow down and herald Blizzard as divine prophets if they made that.

Diablo....fighting game....?
Tyreal wins...FLAWLESS VICTORY!FATALITY!

Diablo racing?You race while piggybacking on demons...and..and...
Ok I'll stop there

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Maybe old Bobby "dickface" Kotick finally convinced blizzard to jump on board with the whole "annualization" thing.

Or maybe it's just World of Diablo.

I just feel like after WoW, Blizzard really lost their edge. Mainly because I've played like a billion MMOs before WoW. I tried the 7 day trial, it was boring as hell. I would never, ever pay for WoW in this lifetime. I don't see why it's hailed as the greatest MMORPG there are several I feel surpass WoW.

I mean, I used to be the blizzard kid on my block. Blizzard mousepad, blizzard T-Shirt, blizzard everything. I even sent in this deal they had when Starcraft or Diablo came out, I forget which, and if you sent them proof that you owned every single blizzard game they sent you more t-shirts and paper pads and shit like that.

But now... just... bleck! They aren't the same anymore.

OpiateChicken

Jul 2, 2009
Man, I am still so pissed off at the art direction Blizzard is taking with D3. Bright worlds, WoW-esque animation... many fans of DI & II will miss the dark, 2-D environment that gave life, feeling and uniqueness to the series. Too bad Starcraft II looks like it's suffering the same fate. It IS possible to improve graphics, depth and gameplay without completely revamping the art style, which is totally going to ruin it for me.

May as well just call it Diablocraft or something.

OpiateChicken

Jul 2, 2009
BioTox said:
Woo! Here comes World of Diablocraft! I mean... *cough*

(-,-),.o0( That was my outside voice)
also, this guy beat me to it, but I swear I didn't copy him -_-

dochmbi

Sep 15, 2008
Here's what I think they'll do. Release Diablo 3 in three parts (one pe year) and charge a total of 150$ for it. That's what they are doing with Starcraft 2 so why not with Diablo 3?

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
dochmbi said:
Here's what I think they'll do. Release Diablo 3 in three parts (one pe year) and charge a total of 150$ for it. That's what they are doing with Starcraft 2 so why not with Diablo 3?
I believe the 2 SC expansions are going to be expansion priced ($30usd).

ark123

Feb 19, 2009
Yes, there is clearly an "s" there.
Though note that when I say "Sometimes people read way too much into the pluralization of a word", I could mean just this site.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
OpiateChicken said:
Man, I am still so pissed off at the art direction Blizzard is taking with D3. Bright worlds, WoW-esque animation... many fans of DI & II will miss the dark, 2-D environment that gave life, feeling and uniqueness to the series. Too bad Starcraft II looks like it's suffering the same fate. It IS possible to improve graphics, depth and gameplay without completely revamping the art style, which is totally going to ruin it for me.

This again? Really?

The game looks fine. When artists who work on the original Diablo and Diablo II say outright that they have no idea what the fuss is about, you have absolutely no room to stand on. I can't believe people are still bringing this up.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
OpiateChicken said:

This [http://gza.gameriot.com/content/images/view_320200_1_1233410831.jpg] is not actual in game art.

Sadly.

Timotei

The Return of T-Bomb
Apr 21, 2009
John Funk said:
OpiateChicken said:

This again? Really?

The game looks fine. When artists who work on the original Diablo and Diablo II say outright that they have no idea what the fuss is about, you have absolutely no room to stand on. I can't believe people are still bringing this up.
It's because not everyone does their eHomework. This leads to very obvious flaws in arguments which make the uneducated stick out like a soar thumb. It also makes them very annoying once they start defending their positions despite the ground below them being made of the of freshly scorched creme brulee.

I have been guilty of this on minor occasions.

Poomanchu745

Sep 11, 2009
So now Kotick is planning on making a new Diablo every 2 years? I bet when D3 finally comes out there will already be 3 others right behind it in development. Kotick wants his money and he wants it on regular 2 year intervals.

OpiateChicken

Jul 2, 2009
Timotei said:
John Funk said:
OpiateChicken said:

This again? Really?

It's because not everyone does their eHomework. This leads to very obvious flaws in arguments which make the uneducated stick out like a soar thumb. It also makes them very annoying once they start defending their positions despite the ground below them being made of the of freshly scorched creme brulee.

I have been guilty of this on minor occasions.
I really don't think it's a matter of fact whether the game will suck or not, I'm just saying that personally, and I've heard this from others too, I don't like it. It's not really a "defendable position" because there's no right or wrong.

midpipps

Feb 23, 2009
I would be really excited for diablo 3 if only it was not being published by activision. They get no money from me.

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
Well at least we won't wait til forever and ever for another Diablo game to come out. Seriously. FOREVER. I've been waiting for that announced Diablo game (remember this?) to be released on the PS2! That never came.

What pisses me off the most is the people bringing up the fact that the game has more colors than black and red is getting on my nerves. It looks dark and moody just like they want it, but the fact that... *gasp* the game has the other colors of the spectrum in it means that the game is going to be horrible! "OH WHY BLIZZARD?! WHY CAN'T DIABLO 3 BE AS BLACK AND DANK AS MY SOOOOOOOOOOUL?!"

BioTox

Nov 19, 2009
OpiateChicken said:

You can always take your gamma slider and move it to the left (or darker if it's on the right) and presto! You have the same dark feeling. You could also go back and play D1 or D2. =P

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Mystery MMOG? Diablo sequels!? Mayhap my arithmetic is messed up, but I do believe we have ourselves a 1 + 1 = 2 situation here.

Lucifron

Dec 21, 2009
OpiateChicken said:
I really don't think it's a matter of fact whether the game will suck or not, I'm just saying that personally, and I've heard this from others too, I don't like it. It's not really a "defendable position" because there's no right or wrong.
Why is it that every time this is brought up people tend to forget that an entire act of Diablo II was played in a yellow desert in broad daylight? What, you think that they'll just fuck all dungeons and dark locales because they include green flora and the occasional sunshine in some parts of the game? Give me a break.
And I really don't see what's so wow-esque about it. So just because the game now has 3D graphics that automatically makes it look like wow? The game looks absolutely nothing like wow, and that claim goes beyond mere opinions.

OT: Epicepicepicepicepicepiiiiic! The more Diablo the merrier! My only gripe is that Matt Uelmen no longer gets to make the music...

Edit:
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
Mystery MMOG? Diablo sequels!? Mayhap my arithmetic is messed up, but I do believe we have ourselves a 1 + 1 = 2 situation here.
That thought struck me as well, but I'm struggling to realize how they would make it different enough from wow. Although then again, I'm not Blizzard Entertainment, and I haven't reinvented (or refined if you are a snob) the classic fantasy MMORPG once already.

VanBasten

Aug 20, 2009
John Funk said:
Very, very interesting. There's no doubt that Diablo III is the main focus right now, but there may well be stuff in the works for the popular series beyond that title.
I'm pretty sure the focus is on how to milk Diablo III for an extended period of time, a la the splitting of Starcraft 2 into 3 games. It is a very safe bet that money for the initial purchase of Diablo III isn't the only money Blizzard expects to get from gamers.