Is Dead Money Teasing the Next New Vegas DLC?

Lynxan

Dec 6, 2009
I myself am just hoping that they do something involving Area 51 at some point, got to get those aliens in there some where.

Ausir

Sep 5, 2009
I posted some more details at The Vault:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Ausir/Dead_Money_hints_at_things_to_come

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Hard to get excited when the first DLC is so far a 360 exclusive, and I don't have that version.

I don't begrudge consoles exclusive content, but at the same time it does mean that with a popular game like "New Vegas" the community can hardly be intrigued by something universally.

As far as Ulysses goes, more companions are always good, though to be honest I tend to enjoy grouping with Veronica despite the bugs she had with her advancement. Largely because she seems to kill everyone's favorite flying monsters relatively easily, and partially because of Felicia Day doing the voice and a schtick vaguely similar to her old Buffy role. Having Melee companions tends to work well while I snipe with vats.

Truthfully though, if Ulysses fights with a flag pole in actuality, it might be another decent melee-centric character to use. However I can't see how a weapon like that would upgrade the same way a power fist can (power fists in this game seeming to be almost as bad as the Super Sledge was in the original Fallout)

Nostalgia Ripoff

Sep 2, 2009
According to the German, French, and Italian versions of the game, Wolfhorn Ranch actually belongs to Ulysses, called Ulysses' Lager, Camp d'Ulysses, and Accampamento di Ulysses respectively.

Source: He's already got his own Vault page. [http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Ulysses]

RN7

Oct 27, 2009
Lynxan said:
I myself am just hoping that they do something involving Area 51 at some point, got to get those aliens in there some where.
Well they did technically put aliens in the game already (if you have the Wild Wasteland trait). They're the same exact species from the Mothership Zeta DLC of Fallout 3.

Besides, Area 51 probably got taken out, or isn't a large enough area to create a large and expansive DLC with an unfolding, malleable storyline present.

CRAVE CASE 55

Jan 2, 2009
Iggy Rufflebar said:
HT_Black said:
Woodsey said:
I've had Boone for a while now and after the initial quest I had to do to get him, is there actually anything else?

I've killed plenty of Legionaries with him (a couple mission-related, mostly not) - a yes or no without spoilers is enough!
Yep. If you want to unlock it, you'll need to do a few things. Without spoiling anything, you'll need to:
convince the interrogator at the McCarran terminal to let you talk to the legion prisoner and torture him to death
Shoot Caesar in the face
Kill Vulpes Inculta
And kill the legion boss at the Southermost outpost (where you get on the boat to the base camp).

After you do each of those things, he'll approach you with a series of conversations that will trigger what is arguably one of the best quests in the game.
quest wise it's:

'I Put a Spell on You' (Camp McCarran)
'The Silent Treatment' (Camp McCarran)
'Eye for an Eye' (Camp Searchlight)
'Back in Your Own Backyard' (Nelson)

I finished all the Boone stuff. and ive done none of those quests

OY: In Dead Money, when the characters talk about the big empty, and the battle at the grand canyon, there is a challenge you do that says things to come. learn about things that will be in yopur future. its pretty much a done deal about whats about to go down in new vegas. Anyone wana bet that the Big Empty is actualy Area 51?

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
In the beginning of NV (in primm) the operator of the local courier offices talks about

how a different courier rejected the job offer from(indirectly) mr. house, when he heard the player-character ("the courier") was next in line from him, even though the pay was huge. Wikia:
The Courier is largely a blank slate, with a background largely left for the player to create and develop. One element seems to be constant between all player characters, however - when questioning Johnson Nash about the six couriers hired to deliver packages to Mr. House, it is revealed that an unnamed man described as a "deadbeat" was originally hired to carry the platinum chip, but after seeing the Courier's name next on the list, he turned down the job (and considerable number of caps that the job was worth), insisting the player character do it instead. Nash speculates that he must have known of the misfortune that was to befall the carrier of the package, and so he must have held some sort of a grudge against the player character. Johnson speculates that this man must have held some sort of a grudge against the Courier, and states that he hopes that "a storm from the Divide skins him [the previous Courier No. Six] alive."
The plot thickens somewhat in Dead Money when Christine tells the player character how she was rescued from Elder Elijah by a courier who "wore the flag of the old world on his back". That courier told her that he sought another, implying that the other courier had a large part in his past, and that he wasn't happy about it.

In one of Dog's endings for Dead Money, it is stated that:

"The new voice did not think of the Courier again until the battle at the Divide reached his ears. The battle between the two couriers, beneath the torn skies and the Old World flag... each bearing a message for the other. And the mutant prayed the Courier that had saved him... had been saved in return."
Graffiti by an unknown artist can be found around the desert reading "You Can Go Home, Courier" and "Courier Six?". Examples of these can be found at the canyon wreckage, alongside graffiti reading "The Divide" and "Lonesome Road."

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
The_ModeRazor said:
Sounds fun. Courier vs courier? It's, like, the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny.
Old godzilla was hopping around
tokyo city like a big playground
when suddenly batman burst from the shade
and hit godzilla with a bat grenade

Dr Ampersand

Jun 27, 2009
Spelling error, second last paragraph. Change "Divie" to "Divide".

Yeah this speculation has been going around gaming forums for a while now.

KLJT

Sep 15, 2010
He will likely be the one who blocks your way out of the Mojave in the Cannon to the West; most likely he will begin a movement to start up the USA again and you can either join him or stop and as a British Man we'll see how Americans like revolutions.

Sindre1

Nov 8, 2008
I used to think the player was The Burned Man, but that only works if you play as a man.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
HT_Black said:
Woodsey said:
HT_Black said:
Woodsey said:
I've had Boone for a while now and after the initial quest I had to do to get him, is there actually anything else?

I've killed plenty of Legionaries with him (a couple mission-related, mostly not) - a yes or no without spoilers is enough!
Yep. If you want to unlock it, you'll need to do a few things. Without spoiling anything, you'll need to:
convince the interrogator at the McCarran terminal to let you talk to the leigon prisoner and torture him to death
Shoot Caesar in the face
Kill Vulpes Inculta
And kill the leigon boss at the Southermost outpost (where you get on the boat to the abse camp).

After you do each of those things, he'll approach you with a series of conversations that will trigger what is arguably one of the best quests in the game.
So it's gonna be a while then...
That depends on where you are in the game: you're given an opportunity to do each of those things in short order as soon as you get to New Vegas.
I've been ignoring the main quest, and I haven't entered the main part of NV yet, just the outskirts of it.

Still, if it's all fairly easy to come by then that's fine.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
God damn it! I already made a thread on this and I didn't even get to the second page... come on people's! Make me feel loved!

OT: Very interesting though, I can't wait. Ulysses seems like a massive badass.

blindthrall

Oct 14, 2009
Ugh. Pay attention. The Divide is the constant windstorm that rages across Texas and makes coast to coast travel really hard. The Grand Canyon is the Grand Canyon-lots of NPCs call it just that.

Oh, and Dead Money isn't the first time Ulysses has been mentioned. Talk to Johnson Nash.

Joshua Graham will definitely be in a DLC, probably the next. I've got my fingers crossed for the RepConn ghouls.

Jul 22, 2009
Just finished Dead Money and all of the ending scenes referenced the 'two couriers' and their meeting

Foreshadowing FTW D:

I'm loving this so far...