Is Diablo 3 the worst game ever in terms of price vs. quality?

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
hazabaza1 said:
I haven't even played the damn game, and I can tell you that no, it's not the worst price/quality deal ever. It's stupid to argue it is.
Pretty much this. It's fine to be disappointed or upset, but getting into hyperbole mode and then trying to pass it off as a sound argument is ridiculous.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Clearing the Eye said:
Big Rigs, because it costs money at all.
I'm pretty sure Big Rigs is the subject of Godwin's Law in game design.

Yep, I just compared Big Rigs to Nazis. Deal with it.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Yeah, considering I can't even play thanks to a patching issue I've notified them about and have yet to receive a response on a week later, its pretty sh**. This is why I hate the always online crap. It never works out well.

kingthrall

May 31, 2011
poiumty said:
kingthrall said:
LOL 4 different skill slots dont make it any more impressive.

Everyone who has played diablo 3 knows that even with the switching option on, that you still use one from every skill category anyway. Its just not viable to switch for example from frost ray instead of another skill to fill in crucial slots. If they wanted to make it better they would of let you have a whole hot-key arrangement on every spell/skill so that tactics and resistances would play a much higher role.

Oh and if you didnt notice all the classes have pretty much the same skills. Barbarian has Ground shake instead of Frost Nova for example.
False, and false. I have a monk, barbarian and wizard and I don't think I stuck with "one skill from every category" on either of them. And the monk is max level and geared for inferno.
Tell me one build in Diablo 2 that used more than 6 skills consistently.

Classes have different playstyles. That a few skills are similar means nothing next to the various combinations you can make.

Really, it's painfully obvious that you've barely played D3 and you're talking out of your ass.
I have a level 45 hardcore character in Inferno Barbarian ok, and a wizard level 20. I know what I am talking about and for your information lets take the paladin from diablo 2 for example.

Thorns, Elemental Barrier, Hammer ability, Charge, Shield Bash, Zeal, Sacrifice, Sanctuary. All have their uses, even charge which is used for retreating in bad situations.

Monk Gets the Kick, Barbarian gets the Cleave, and Wizard gets the Arcane Orb. All of which act the same. Barbarian gets the ground shake, Wizard Frost nova and the Monk gets Blind.... All of which do the same thing with different animations.

You tell me I am full of it but my evidence is stacked against you , what evidence do you have to suggest otherwise?

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
mmaruda said:
Just my 2 cents. I was inclined to come to terms with the crap DRM, title screen boss number 37, single player lag and other things as I had a lot of fun with my friends in the game, but today I just snapped.

I logged in to Battle.net only to find my character stripped clean of all the priceless items I had. I checked the B.net forums, many people have this issue. I don't think I have been hacked, as I protect all my accounts and passwords for games. So either B.net was hacked or it's a stupid bug. Anyway, I blame the idiotic DRM. It's hard to even imagine the outrage of people when the real money auction house gets going and things like this happen.

Not to mention the game itself is nothing spectacular. Just the same old Diablo, a bit polished and more user friendly.
For some reason, its your fault because you didn't buy their authenticator.

Just fuck off Blizzard.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I'm enjoying it so far I have a level 59 wizard and a lvl 55 hardcore barbarian (at writing lol). It's getting a bit old now however and I think it's longevity may be in multiplayer and completing achievement challenges. I have heard they are nerfing inferno (which is a bit silly atm) which should make it a little more fun.

It feels a bit like it needs more content :/ It certainly doesn't have the longevity that Diablo 2 had for some reason.

kingthrall said:
I have a level 45 hardcore character in Inferno Barbarian ok,
Can we maybe get a screenshot of that because if it's true I'm pretty sure it's a some kind of record...:p

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
I don't know, X Men: Destiny retailed for £40 initially and you can platinum the entire game in about fifteen hours.

Now I doubt it's even worth the money I'll get for trading it in.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Is Diablo 3 awful? Not quite. The gameplay, while severely dumbed-down to appeal to the WoW crowd, is still fun.

But do I think it's worth sixty bucks? Hell no. I'm not willing to pay sixty...not even thirty...dollars for a game that has latency/lag issues with singleplayer.

However, it most assuredly does NOT have the worst quality-to-price ratio among games. Trust me.

Dirty Hipsters said:
"Drake of the 99 Dragons" was $60 when it originally came out, therefore no, Diablo 3 is not the worst game EVER in terms of price versus quality.
As was Kane & Lynch. And we all know how THAT shit turned out. >:|

(seriously IGN? You gave that steaming pile over a 9.5? Da hell's wrong with you? (oh yeah. bribes.))

bobmd13

Mar 28, 2010
I have already had a thread on the the terrible service that Europe has had with Diablo 3 and I live in a part of the UK that is nearly all on the new Infinity 2 lines from BT.

It has nothing to do with your connection, it is and will be a problem that Activision/Blizzard have.

I refer you to this.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/06/08/vivendi-to-sell-activision

Why would Vivendi sell the golden goose but to try and avoid nasty and punitive damages that are coming their way from the likes of the South Korean government and probably the EU.

There is a BBC news report about this as well.

Chiasm

Aug 27, 2008
It was a good game, But I found all of the lag and downtime for Singleplayer way too much to handle. I am just glad I brought it directly from Blizzard so I was able to get a full return.

Vigormortis said:
As was Kane & Lynch. And we all know how THAT shit turned out. >:|

(seriously IGN? You gave that steaming pile over a 9.5? Da hell's wrong with you? (oh yeah. bribes.))
Never understood the hate for this game, I loved the story and still think to this day it was the perfect $5 rental.

bobmd13

Mar 28, 2010
I think we rest our case Chiasm.

Its all the downtime,lag and the fact that the game is incomplete that has got Activision/Blizzard into the situation they are in.

This is not an independant company working to the deadlines of a publisher but an in-game developer with a massive success rate behind them working to a company led by a money grabbing shite and a financial officer who knows nothing about computers.

The chief finanical officer came from Proctor and Gamble and believes that once you have sold the product thats the end of the sequence even though his company has made the product directly related to the company.

windlenot

Archeoastronomist
Mar 27, 2011
Furioso said:
The video game for the movie "Battleship" was released at full retail price of $60... THAT is the worst game ever in terms of price v quality, hell, probably one of the worst in quality (Didn't buy it, look up any reviews for it though)
I was so close to putting this exact same thing, haha. Glad someone else mentioned it.

bobmd13

Mar 28, 2010
From what I have heard the last 20 minutes of the film are awesome when the veterns actually use the decommissioned Battleship to fight back.

As one reviewer said if the film had been about the old guys, it would have been great.

Indecipherable

Mar 21, 2010
poiumty said:
kingthrall said:
I have a level 45 hardcore character in Inferno Barbarian ok, and a wizard level 20.
Gee, now you're straight-out lying since the minimum level for Inferno is 60. And even if you finished Hell at level 45 (congratulations, you skipped about half the game) you still haven't gotten to the actual difficulty yet.
So you haven't reached level 60 yet, haven't even seen all the rune combinations for one class, yet you can talk. Your credentials are officially down the drain.

I said on a consistent basis. I can put 1 point in every ability too and argue that they "have their uses".
And even so, using more than 6 abilities was hardly prominent in D2. Limiting the active number to 6 is hardly a loss if you design things right.

Monk Gets the Kick, Barbarian gets the Cleave, and Wizard gets the Arcane Orb. All of which act the same.
You mean a short-range knockback cone aoe attack is the same as a ranged projectile aoe with no knockback. Which is also the same as a melee-ranged cone attack with no knockback and no resource cost - rather, resource generation. Okay then, whirlwind is the same as frozen orb, which is reused alongside meteor in the assassin's elemental combo, corpse explosion trap is the same as corpse explosion, zeal has a druid version which is exactly the same, leap is teleport and bone spear is chain lightning. You cannot dismiss what I said without also dismissing what you said yourself. Go ahead and try contradicting yourself though.

You tell me I am full of it but my evidence is stacked against you , what evidence do you have to suggest otherwise?
Your evidence seems to be stacked against you. When the other is digging his own hole, things are pretty easy for me.
lol @ 45 in inferno, there goes your credibility (minimum level = 60 for inferno)

Also if you knew anything about inferno if you were actually level 45 you would insta gib against the smallest, weakest opponent and your damage (due to weapon stat limitations based on level requirements) would make it impossible to hurt anything.

Why do people feel the need to make up lies to back up their bad points? Just mindblowing.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
I went back to Skyrim after finishing the Diablo 3 campaign. Wasn't worth the $60 I spend for it, hell, wish I could get a refund. Playing with lag is just not fun.