Is it possible we are living in the Matrix?

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
NeutralDrow said:
Severely unlikely.
Yeah, I'd definitely bet my life we're not in the Matrix.
It's roughly as likely as Harry Potter or Twilight being real.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
It is possible that we're living in the Matrix. Anyone who says any different is stupid or lying as it's logically impossible to prove that we aren't.

Not that I think it's likely.

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
OH DEAR GOD. Life is banal as is! Finding out I was living in something concocted by the Wachowskis would be enough to make me end it all right here and now. T_T

emge

Jun 22, 2008
I wanna be The One! So I'm gonna say yes. *prepares to dodge bullets*

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Well... it is likely we are just constructs - But that we can never know.

But yeah, unlikely that we are humans, but in some kind of cocoon and linked up... no sir.

Daipire

Oct 25, 2009
Omikron009 said:
Anything is possible. Except for me enjoying an existential discussion.
This makes me ha-ha-happy.

OT: Yes, it is possible but unlikely, like everyone else has said.

Lazarus Long

Nov 20, 2008
Not impossible. Just very, very improbable.
Now, if we can just work out exactly how improbable it is, feed that figure into the finite improbability generator, give it a fresh cup of really hot tea...

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
No impossible. Their would be some random unexplainale youtube footage or something.

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
I have zero problem with the idea of this world being a Matrix-like construct. The real question is: why does it matter and what difference will that make in your life?

Alita_99

Jan 28, 2010
We can already simulate worlds replicating the drudgery of everyday life, it's called "The Sims". Seriously though, if you break down normal matter far enough, you'll effectively find 'pixels', and between those pixels is nothing, just empty space. I have no doubt that a computer of the future can create an entire universe, but as for our universe existing solely in on a computer, it's a moot question. Just like asking, 'what if only I exist and everyone else is a figment of my imagination?' You can't prove or disprove it, it's just an interesting thought experiment.