Is it that hard to find a virgin?

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
So I have this thing about dating where I won't date anyone who has had sex with another man or who smokes and/or does drugs. Call me old school or call me weird, but it is just part of my moral system. And today, during my sociology class, we got on the topic of sex and dating. I told the class my stand on such and they all chuckled. When I ask what was funny, someone told me that the chance of finding a girl like that now-a-days is almost impossible and that I should just give up on it. And it hit me, every person in my class, which ranged from 9th grade to 12th grade, that everyone had drank beer illegally, smoked pot and chewed, or has had sex multiple times... except me. I could not believe it and even my teacher was not shocked in the least to hear that. He was actually agreeing with it. So basically, what I am as is, are there people who didn't illegally drink, smoke or who hadn't had sex during their high school years?

Edit: Since some one asked, I am from the west coast of the U.S. in Washington.

Edit II: As Azure-Supernova stated:
Azure-Supernova said:
You're not after a virgin you're after someone responsible and faithful. You could meet a virgin and full well have glorious sex, only for her to turn around and cheat or not be a virgin at all. Surely virginity would fall behind the two afforementioned traits?
I suppose he's definition is a little more what I am looking for. I guess I could drop the virginity issue down a little if I could find faithful and responsible girl. I am still standing strong on not doing illegal drugs and drinking but I could give more leeway on virginity.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Of course there are. Just look online. Actually, you'll probably find a lot of people on here that never did any of that in high school.

Dec 14, 2009
'I've met the perfect girl! She's pretty, funny, loves the things I love and we get along so well!'

What's this!

No Hymen!

No Virginity!

Final Destination.

delvin313

Feb 17, 2011
Don't give up hope, your ideal girl is out there somewhere. I had given up hope finding the girl of my dreams, and sure enough she appeared in my life after all. Whatever your standards may be, you will find her, given time and patience.

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
*raises hand*
Well there was that one time I drank...
Then there were those three years of sex...
And then...actually, I've never smoked...so there's that.
Oh, and never have done any drugs, legal or illegal, for recreational reasons.

Professor_Page

Oct 5, 2011
back in my hometown the guy to girl ratio was so bad it was hard to find a girl under 14 who hadnt had sex and a girl under 18 who hadnt already slept with at least 5 separate people. also there was so few people that the only thing to do is drink and do drugs. so yeah not a very good chance unless ur looking into exclusively dating in the uber nerd crowd. then you have a good chance of none of that happening.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Death God said:
So basically, what I am as is, are there people who didn't illegally drink, smoke or who hadn't had sex during their high school years?
*Raises hand*

Yeah, you're not the only one. And I've met several people like you are looking for. At my church. So yeah, that's likely the best place to look.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Hmmm...this sounds a little flawed to me.

Please don't take offence to this, but you not wanting somebody simply for having sex before as part of a 'moral system' comes across as almost a little selfish. What I basically hear is that they're somehow worth less (note: not saying worthless) if they've chosen to sleep with somebody despite the fact this could be before they even knew you as a person. It sounds less about morals and more about, well...almost immaturity, which I don't mean in the personal insult sense.

Again, I don't mean that harshly, I used to be similar. You kind of learn to accept these things though.
I think the problem is that promiscuity, smoking and drinking are three of the most common, if not the three most common vices you'll find in people. Therefore finding someone who resists all three is, well, quite improbable. Not impossible, mind.

Tsunimo

Nov 19, 2009
I have the same views on these things as you, except the virginity thing, as long as they arn't riddled with STD's.
I'm also from the same state as you, so maybe it's just a strange Washington thing?

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
I've never smoked a cigarette, done illegal drugs, or really drank under legal age (I've tried stuff before I was 21, but it was always in a safe environment and I never like...DRANK)

I didn't have sex until I was in college, but if you looked back at High School me you'd probably figure out that it wasn't entirely by choice.

The point is, there are people like that. To be honest I support what you're trying to do. As you get older and as society changes around you though it might become harder and harder to find the girl you're looking for.

I once had the dream of having a serious girlfriend and we'd lose our virginities together, but that didn't work out. I ended up losing my virginity to someone who had already had quite a bit of sex. But let me tell you, it didn't make it any less special.

If you wanna hold out, you have my random internet support. But just know that no one will judge you if you change your mind as you get older.

As long as when it happens it's special for you, it shouldn't matter if your partner is a virgin or not.

matsugawa

Mar 18, 2009
That was my high school life, unless sipping champagne at New Years counts as drinking.

As for seeking people who've never had sex before, it's pretty much a lost cause. For starters, how can you tell (apart from asking)? Second, do you really expect them to be honest with you about it? Third, how long do you think it'll last with a hangup like that? Face it, it IS a hangup; how important is sexual experience in a relationship, let alone INexperience?

The fact is your first will probably never be your only. It happens, sure, but that shouldn't be your basis for a relationship. I'm not one to tell people they need to change some core belief about themselves, but I think you really need to look into why you have these stipulations in your moral system. Otherwise, your search is just going to get harder and harder.

The no-drinking/smoking/drugs is actually pretty reasonable, unless you count "has tried once" or "did, but has now quit." As for the sex thing, I genuinely think you're being incredibly unrealistic. More power to you if it works out, but no sympathy in the interim, buddy. Sorry.

Freaky Lou

Nov 1, 2011
I'm a virgin and have never done any drugs nor drunk alcohol. I'm 18 right now.

I really would prefer that anyone I'd be with be a virgin also, but...I could deal if they weren't. I won't date boozers or druggies, though.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009

I'm pretty much immune to the party scene anyways... alcohol tastes like particularly abysmal paint thinner, I can't smoke due to asthma, I'm freaked out by needles, and I terrify women...

Freaky Lou

Nov 1, 2011
Shark Wrangler said:
Thats alot of rules you just decided on when it comes to picking a partner. The way the world works, you will meet a virgin and have a happy life together, Then when you turn 40 and your rocking your third kid on your knee, your going to look back on all the fun you missed out on. This is a gift from above, have safe sex and enjoy yourself.
That's a load of crap. I've never heard of anyone ever who regretted not being more promiscuous when they were younger, not counting mid-life crises...but that's more a case of fearing that you've made all the wrong decisions in life.

REALLY, though, people look back on their wild younger years mostly in regret.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
No, it's not. There are quite a few people who haven't had sex; I'm one of them (willingly, smartasses).

Though I do think the "never had sex" thing could be a bit much. I'm of similar persuasion in that I think sex is something that should be reserved for marriage, and I know plenty of people who believe the same way, but not all of them always did. Nor are all of them perfect. Mistakes are made, and moral understandings change. You should be looking for someone who currently shares your moral standards more than someone who always has and has never failed in them.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
23 and I still don't drink or smoke. I lost my virginity at 18 after leaving high school. Male too so go figure. I've tried drink but don't like the flavor of beer or, liquor and, I hate the sensation of drunkenness. I've never had an interest in tobacco. As for sex...I don't care for it in general. Don't like the messiness.