Is 'Needlemouse' Sonic 4?

Arbitrary Cidin

Apr 16, 2009
There was a 4chan post from the guy who got Sonic CD on the iPhone, who is now on Needlemouse. He gave a 20 questions offer, and while about 40% were wasted on "Why a hedgehog?" and "What are you wearing right now?", there were a few notable details. The game will be fully rendered in 3D, but will use sprites. There will be NO new characters (as we know), his name is Eggman this time, Sonic will be the only playable character, but through cutscenes and storyline, other characters will appear. There was constant mention of using Sonic CD as an example of what they are going for, and if I remember correctly, he doesn't know why Sonic is a hedgehog, but he was wearing jeans and a jacket.

Allegedly

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
JWAN said:
300lb. Samoan said:
JWAN said:
JWAN said:
I hope they make it count. But then again people would complain about it being 2D and therefor crappy.
WHAT? Who would dare complain that a 2D sonic game is crappy? Clearly people who weren't around when Sega Genesis was king and Sonic was my hero (I was seven).
A lot of people, especially younger generations who grew up with HL and Halo.
For too many people graphics/3D are everything
Ok I guess we wait and see. As I am gathering this scenario people aren't going to want to play an oldschool game unless they actually enjoyed the origionals.

So either sonic team makes an old one for the old feel
or they make a new one in 3d and pray they dont fuck it up again
(for the record Sonic Adventure 2 was one of my favorite games of all time but sonic 3 is still in the top 5)
sure i hear you, I can't say I've played the 3D games but from the demos alone I couldn't get the hang of the controls. I'm just saying the new game could end up being a favorite either way.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
Darktau said:
Umm www.sonicthehedgehog4.com links to sega, yes
But so does www.sonicthehedgehog3.com
and
http://www.sonicthehedgehog5.com/
Well that puts a damper on things, declares the likely hood their fixing things.

commasplice

Dec 24, 2009
PS2MAN said:
Since this is a continuation of the Old Sonic games this would be a good time to also bring back Sonic's original voice, Ryan Drummond.
You mean Jaleel White, don't you? Kidding. No one wants that.

Darkstar370

Nov 5, 2009
PS2MAN said:
Since this is a continuation of the Old Sonic games this would be a good time to also bring back Sonic's original voice, Ryan Drummond.
WHAT!? Sorry, but if SEGA is returning back to the old style, then Sonic shouldn't have a voice.

Also, complaining of the voice change is so 2005. Griffith did a good job in Unleashed and Black Knight.

Crystal Cuckoo

Jan 6, 2009
I'd like to see the daytime levels of Sonic Unleashed in this up coming game.

They were the best Sonic levels I had seen in a long time (except those in Sonic Rush)

SilentVirus

Jul 23, 2009
I broke the habit of Sega games a while ago. My reason is because of Sonic. I greatly enjoyed the original 2D version of Sonic games but sine the 3D new games I can't look back and enjoy the old ones. I'm sorry but I can guarantee that I'm am no longer going to purchase these Sonic games. But this is just me.

gmer412

Feb 21, 2008
Darktau said:
Umm www.sonicthehedgehog4.com links to sega, yes
But so does www.sonicthehedgehog3.com
and
http://www.sonicthehedgehog5.com/
Well, it's obviously going to be Sonic 4 and 5!