Is Pubic Hair In A Bikini Obscene?

Boris Goodenough

Jul 15, 2009
mistahzig1 said:
Trimming can be SO dangerous for guys though.

A friend of mine cut himself trimming with an electric razor where the skin of the sack meets the front of the? shaft (I?m a poet!).

He was so ashamed of this that he actually sewed himself up using a fishing line? and had to cut off the excess skin (he did a terrible job supposedly) a few weeks later with scissors. No anesthesia too

Bon appétit! ;oP
What kind of trimmer is he using?
?

Also I found shaving down there takes so much effort and time and when it starts scratching it REALLY isn't worth it. And I haven't had any complaints when I just trim...

Captcha: Ring-fencing, not cool captcha, little close "Home"...

White Lightning

Feb 9, 2012
BinDipper said:
HA, what a load of bollocks.
I wonder how long an instagram account would last if it was a guy going round posting pictures of their pubes tufting out of a speedo and asking "Hey guys, what do you think of these?"

People just barely want to see your vagina, they certainly don't want to see the rainforest surrounding it without any actual payoff.

What's next? "Hey guys I got banned from instagram because my labia was hanging out, #SEXISM, #MISOGYNY, #AMIFAMOUSYET?"
This guy gets it. If a guy did it the reaction would be the same, seems to me people are trying to make something out of nothing.

mistahzig1

May 29, 2013
Boris Goodenough said:
What kind of trimmer is he using?
No idea. run-of-the-mill trimmer I guess. Didn't stretch is sack enough maybe? I didn't ask too much questions ;oP

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Colour Scientist said:
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
I don't think female pubic hair is horrid... I think posting pictures online of all pubic hair is...
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that posting pictures is the most pleasant thing in the world either.

I just think that if bikini pictures are a-okay, I don't see why having a bit of fuzz in the exact same area being photographed somehow makes it too obscene to be on the site.
How does Instagram work? Is it a place you can create and share galleries (like Photobucket type of thing) or is it more social media esque... If it's the latter then I usually equate it to pinning something on noticeboards in a local post office. I have the same idea on tweeting and public groups/accounts on facebook. If you went into your local shop and started showing passers by pics of your pubic hair I would expect the same result... to be banned from the shop! If it's a more private kind of website, like image hosting sites, then I would equate it to having the images in your own home. It's out the way, not thrusted in unsuspecting peoples faces, and the only thing I would do is silently judge the person if I found out their weird hobby's!

I mean... that image was blatantly taken to create reaction. Why else would you arange yourself like that then take a picture in that way?

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
BathorysGraveland2 said:
shootthebandit said:
I think the double standard is kind of abolished. Most young guys shave downstairs, its just thing now. I personally shave because its a lot tidier

I think that if you go down on a woman (thats the polites way I could put it) you dont expect to get a mouthful of hair so it should be the same for a man
Do you mean shave, or trim? I imagine most guys (myself included) trim the pubic hair, but shaving it off entirely is certainly something else. Yet it's that shaving that is generally expected of women, from what I've seen.

mistahzig1 said:
Ouch. Tell your friend to use a hairdressing shaver. That's what I use, and it's always worked perfectly fine for me.
Trimming/shaving but not so its any length. I usually get it a bit stubbly

I think an electric razor is the best bet. You just have to be careful when you get to the nutsack

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Unkillable Cat said:
Us men get away with our pubic/stomach hair being visible, so why not women? Its completely absurd. Although that said men having body hair seems to be seen just as badly by some out there for some reason.
Since when do men get away with showing pubic hair? I have never in my life seen a mans pubic hair in public , unless it's on a nudist beach. Stomach/ chest hair is fine but it's not at ALL the same thing. Hell men shave/ trim their pubic hair ( or at least the top part) before going to the beach .

OT: showing pubic hair is unacceptable for both men and women and has always been so . This is a moot point.

Please don't tell me we are going to have to define what counts as pubic hair now.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
Well that certainly does look unappealing. I personally think if she's not gonna groom that area she's better off with a one piece. But banning an account over it is too much.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I think if it's okay to show off the "bikini" area, it should be okay to show off the hair that naturally grows there.

thaluikhain said:
Ok, the title of the thread didn't specify if it was the bikini top or bikini bottom, but the content did, so I had to throw away the stupid joke I was working on.
Oh, come on. Don't let that stop you!

EeveeElectro said:
All I can assume is that the appearance of body hair pushed that picture into the nudity territory but I've seen plenty of men post pictures with low slung pants and a visible "wankers tache" to realise that can't be the case.
Well, only if you're assuming a single standard. I honestly would not. The way we tend to treat male and female bodies at the beach is....Well, it's definitely not a single standard. I swear, if I had a nickel for every guy with a beer gut and moobs criticising a woman carrying MAYBE an extra five pounds, I could buy my own planet and live there free from this sort of nonsense.

Colour Scientist said:
I don't understand how pubic hair would make it any more obscene, is it because it makes it more obvious that there is, in fact, a set of genitalia inside of her bikini bottoms?
Hey, there's a concept. Pubic hair is a secondary sex characteristic, which in a sense signals that someone is ready for sex. Perhaps a shaved pubic region, invoking a childlike image, is subconsciously a sign of chastity?

That's probably way too much thought put into it, but still.

Elementary - Dear Watson said:
If I didn't trim my man-tuft, put on a pair of tight budgie-smugglers and aranged myself so my half-fur/half-coiled wire pubes were on show, and then got someone to take deliberately provoking pictures of my cocksicle area so I could publically post it all over the place to show my 'natural nature' and passive aggressiveness so that I can subsequently kick off with my prewritten article/money-grabber then I too would have my accout shut down...
I very sincerely doubt it.

V4Viewtiful

Feb 12, 2014
Where are all these vain men shaving their pubic hair?

Hair from the belly button down for men is expected from my experience, women it's - well depending, is seen as simply untidy, like not having a hair cut.

I saw some documents where a bunch of young man, as part of there grooming routine regularly waxed and I'm thinking how girly they acted, threw me for a loop and I'm a wuss :p

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Obscene? No. In poor taste, yes. And I'd feel the same way if it was a guy. No, you don't have to shave. It's your body; do what you want. But for heaven's sake wear clothing that compliments rather than conflicts with your grooming habits.

If you choose not to, then you open yourself up to criticism, up to and including getting banned by sites that have more conservative views than I on what is considered obscene.

To further qualify my opinion: I live in Japan. Most women here do not shave. Oddly, they manage to go to beaches wearing bikinis that do not show their pubic hair.

mecegirl

May 19, 2013
Ok so I looked at the picture and I was expecting something worse. LOL. I was expecting her legs to be spread open or something, but she is just standing there. I really, really doubt that the picture would have gotten banned if she were all shaved. She didn't even show that much hair...like it's not like it was a jungle peeking out from the top of her bikini bottoms.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
madwarper said:
Though, it should be noted that there is a difference between abdomen hair and pubic hair. So, if a female had a "happy trail", it would be unusual, since they don't typically grow abdomen hair, but not obscene.
I do.
And I'm not the only female who does. I'm not sure how common it is since so many women shave, but I do know women who shave their stomach because, as one put it 'It makes people uncomfortable'.

Which is a BS reason, because of how hairy many men are. My mum's husband is so hairy he looks like he's wearing a sweater from a distance. I just always point to him and tell people that I'll start shaving my legs and stomach and whatever if he starts doing so.

Flutterguy

Jun 26, 2011
Peoples disgust over pubic hair interests me. Most older folks are quite the opposite, they prefer a bush.

What change has lead to this cultural gap?

Lets be real for once. Probably the illuminati grooming us for when the mothership finally comes and harvests all of our hair.

legend forge

Mar 26, 2010
If we saw a dudes pubes sticking out of whatever they were wearing it would be obscene, same goes for women.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
shootthebandit said:
I think the double standard is kind of abolished. Most young guys shave downstairs, its just thing now. I personally shave because its a lot tidier

I think that if you go down on a woman (thats the polites way I could put it) you dont expect to get a mouthful of hair so it should be the same for a man
I don't think it has quite been abolished.

I think the general rule should be that if you expect your partner to be clean shaven or trimmed, then you should be willing to maintain the same level of grooming yourself. I don't accept the excuse that it's more difficult or more effort for men to shave.

It's the same hypocrisy as expecting your partner to be in fantastic shape while you sit at home and gorge yourself on junk food. XD

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Shanicus said:
And I don't really know if it's a cultural difference (to be fair I have no idea where you live), but down in the good ol' Aussie Land there's certainly a fair amount of unshaven blokes kicking around the beaches.
It's not. It's people trying to pretend this isn't a women's issue because if we admit to a double standard, the feministsterrorists win. Guys showing off public hair is not uncommon in North America (KrazyKid's Canadian, so it still stands). And if you do web searches on Instagram for related terms, you can find men doing it on Instagram without their accounts being closed. Hell, one of the ones I found involved a dude who was pretty clearly bottomless taking a selfie. Compare that with what you got here....

mecegirl said:
Ok so I looked at the picture and I was expecting something worse. LOL. I was expecting her legs to be spread open or something, but she is just standing there. I really, really doubt that the picture would have gotten banned if she were all shaved. She didn't even show that much hair...like it's not like it was a jungle peeking out from the top of her bikini bottoms.
Yeah, I expected a wild jungle, encroaching on all nearby terrain. This was....Tame as hell.

Lieju said:
And I'm not the only female who does. I'm not sure how common it is since so many women shave, but I do know women who shave their stomach because, as one put it 'It makes people uncomfortable'.

Which is a BS reason, because of how hairy many men are. My mum's husband is so hairy he looks like he's wearing a sweater from a distance. I just always point to him and tell people that I'll start shaving my legs and stomach and whatever if he starts doing so.
Hair trailing down a woman's stomach is fairly normal. It's part of the typical distribution of "androgrenic hair" in the female body. I had to look up the actual term, but I knew about this. I assume a good chunk of women do shave it, because you rarely see it in popular media unless it's played up specifically as "gross" or as a joke (usually, the joke being that it's "gross").

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Colour Scientist said:
It's the same hypocrisy as expecting your partner to be in fantastic shape while you sit at home and gorge yourself on junk food. XD
Unfortunately, both still exist.

I'd venture to say "are prevalent," but that could just be me.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
To all the people saying that this isn't a double standard, and that male pubic hair is considered equally obscene - how about you take ten seconds to look it up? It's quite obvious that instagram doesn't have a problem with pubic hair on men. If you're going to pretend that sexism doesn't exist at least stick to topics where you can't be instantly refuted by a google search.