Is there a dev company whose games you will play, no questions asked?

gambler778

Nov 18, 2009
Rockstar Games and Bioware. Bethesda to a lesser extent, I didn't like the Fallout games very much but I'm LOVING Skyrim, so I'm anxious to see what they come out with next.

Jan 13, 2012
BioWare, but now i'm in doubt about that. Starting to think that pre ordering ME3 was a mistake. ME3 will probably be the last game i buy from them. Also creative assembly, absolutely love the total war games.

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
Generally no. I have been known to pick up any MilSim by Bohemia Interactive. I suppose to fully answer the question, I would have to specify that I will only buy a game from a developer with no quesitons asked if it is within a genre that they have demonstrated an expertise in.

For instance...

I will buy a MilSim from Bohemia Interactive - no questions asked.
I will buy a combat flight sim from Graphsim - no questions asked.
I will buy an RPG from Bethesda - no questions asked.

However, if those companies were to create a game outside of their area of expertise, then I would probably wait for the reviews before I blindly bought something from them.

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
Retro
Valve (Besides L4D. I enjoy their single player experiences, but I have issues with a game that practically requires 4 people with mics who work well together.)
Bethesda Game Studios
Imsoniac
Relic
Rocksteady
EDIT: Adding 4A games to the list, but seeing as they've only made Metro 2033 and are coming out with Metro Last Light, I feel like it's cheating putting up a developer with such a small catalog.

UltraXan

Mar 1, 2011
Cronq said:
Uhh, Valve.
My answer right out of the gate.

In my opinion, Valve doesn't develop games very often, but they makes quality titles. I'll be honest, I have yet to be disappointed with a Valve title, and that'll probably stay that way for a long time.

Belaam

Nov 27, 2009
No one is perfect, but though I may not buy it on release day, I usually eventually pick up most stuff by, or at least have a good vibe towards:

Firaxis
Bioware
Relic
Creative Assembly
Bethesda

Jessta

Feb 8, 2011
No questions asked absolutely not, money, quality, gameplay, system, all are questions that really must be asked

BUUUUUUUUUT I do have like 15 Square Enix games and I have been very pleased with their tittles in the past.

ulizez89

Jan 8, 2011
Arkane (Arx Fatalis - Dark messiah of Might and Magic - etc)

EGOSOFT (x - x^2 - x^3 terran conflict)

Bohemia Interactive (Operation flashpoint - ARMA - ARMA 2)

jFr[e]ak93

Apr 9, 2010
Valve FTW. I have yet to hate one of their games.
Also looking forward to see what Re-Logic can do. After Terraria, I'll buy whatever they make unless they can't do a follow up.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
Valve and Bethesda by far.

Both are companies that have an established format (clever, really well done fps'es and expansive RPG reboots of old ips respectively) wherein all they need to do is run off and do something amazing within the boundaries of that format. Sometimes having a kind of "boundary" can be the best thing for creativity.

deidara

Nov 23, 2011
Gamefreak. The only games they release today are the main pokemon ones, so I can't go wrong.

Nazgual

Apr 16, 2011
Oh I see what you mean now. I thinking of mods in terms of small additions. I was also not aware of Nehrim until you mentioned it, I should check that out.

Substitute Troll

Aug 29, 2010
Bethesda Game Studios (not the publisher), and Obsidian to a degree (I will NOT be getting the new Southpark RPG. That's just stupid.)

SourWhisky

Jan 10, 2012
Blizzard, Bethesda, From Software, Naughty Dog thats about it these days Bioware was once there but Dragon Age 2, EA and SWToR have drastically lowered my expectations of them.

Feb 28, 2008
Naughty Dog. Must be "the" most consistent developer out there. The policy of only one game at a time is a pretty good one it seems...

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Bioware. There was not been a game released by them YET that I have not enjoyed. Some, surprisingly good (Sonic and the Dark Brotherhood) and the okay(Jade Empire) to the mediocre(Dragon Age 2). That being said, I still ENJOYED DA2 before and if any defenders come to it's aid on that. Just not as much as Dragon Age: Origins, which I feel was superior except for graphics(mostly the aesthetic) and mechanics(combat much more streamlined in 2). But that's my piece on that.