Is there a dev company whose games you will play, no questions asked?

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
No. I'll throw my hat behind certain game series because I know they are fun based on previous installments but I'm not behind any company. Not all a company's game are exactly the same and thus I might not like them all, even if its a good game.

ZeroDotZero

Sep 18, 2009
Not really, but Bioware is the closest. I'm not getting TOR though, as I don't really want to play another MMO for a while at least.

Actually, Blizzard. I will buy every Blizzard game (not counting WoW expansions).

DocBalance

Nov 9, 2009
Valve, mostly. Actually, to hell with it, even after Oblivion I'm still Bethesda's *****, and Skyrim proved that all over again.

RastaBadger

Jun 5, 2010
Valve. To be honest I already do. If Valve release a game I buy it. I do look at if first but I will probably buy it.

woodaba

May 31, 2011
Obsidian. Have not set a foot wrong, as far as im concerned. KOTOR 2 was a fucking masterpiece that kicks the shit out of its predecessor and successor, Neverwinter Nights 2 was a very good game, with 2 awesome expansions, one of which may as well be Planescape: Torment 2, and the other may as well be Icewind Dale 3. Alpha Protocol rocked, fuck the haters, and Fallout New Vegas was the true sequel to Fallout 2, and lived up to that legacy. Im still playing Dungeon Siege 3, but im enjoying it so far. Bioware also, but Obsidian just make better games, im sorry.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
There's not really any companies that I buy every game from because each company I can think of has at least 1 product I don't like or can't play since I don't have any consoles, but there's 3 that come close

Atlas would be one for sure if they started making their games for the PC as well as consoles.
Blizzard is close, but I refuse to play WoW.
Valve would most definitely be one if I had interest in DotA2, but I hardly play LoL and that's f2p

TJC

Aug 28, 2011
POP CAP!!!!
Seriously though, buying without thinking is what got me New Super Mario Bros on the DS which caused more yawning than a lecture on safety procedures in bouncy castles :/

Also, the first five months of the 3DS :/ (getting better tho)

Think first, buy second.

Llil said:
Anything that says Atlus on the cover. Unfortunately the only console I have is the DS, so I'm missing out on a lot of the games, but all of the ones I do have are some of the best games on the DS. A few of them are just some of the best games, full stop.
*high fives*

loudestmute

Oct 21, 2008
Last console generation, Rockstar Games filled that niche nicely. GTA IV and L.A. Noire spoiled that concept.

I was enamored enough with the work of Harmonix that I bought Guitar Hero 1 without ever playing a demo, and so far the only disappointment I have with them is fluctuating in and out of existence.

More importantly, it seems like modern development teams are detached enough from their franchises that publishers will swap them out at will in order to make sure there's a version on shelves by November. So it's getting harder and harder to look at a name on the box and automatically know yea or nay.

Bomberman4000

Jun 23, 2010
Bioware and Gearbox are probably my two. I can't wait for Borderlands 2 and Mass Effect 3. Can't, fucking, wait.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Two companies for me:

Atlus for the games Shin Megami Tensei, Demon's Souls etc.
Blizzard for the old good games Starcraft and Diablo.