Is there a developer who has never failed you?

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
Up until recently I would have said Bethesda, but Fallout 3 kinda ruined that

So Valve, and nobody else.

ZeroDotZero

Sep 18, 2009
JIst00 said:
DrDeath3191 said:
Nintendo. I expect to see this answer a lot.
Lol u must have low standards or dont own a Wii. =P
Nintendo never let me down either. I'm sure that they produce a lot of garbage, but I have no intention on buying anything I have no interest in. Every game I've been looking forward to by Big N. has lived up to my expectations, and so they've never let me down.

Lt. Sera

Apr 22, 2008
Blizzard, Bethesda, Bioware and Atlus.

Never did care much for Half Life and Left 4 Dead so I hardly experienced anything Valve ever put out. I'd say Infinity Ward, but MW2 multiplayer has been a bit of a letdown. Singleplayer was awesome though.

As far as the never failed part, it only applies to the games they put out and their content/gameplay, meaning I have yet to run into a game from them that wasn't a blast to play.
Blizzard couldn't balance WoW and never did find a good world PvP/PvE setting in the time I played. Bethesda and their bugs, especially in Fallout 3. Bioware dissapointed me recently by putting DLC out on launch day. Atlus' games usually have amazing potential, but never quite reach it.
Still all their games are/were above par.

The3rdEye

Mar 19, 2009
stukov961 said:
Blizzard, Westwood studios, Relic, Bioware.
I can't belive no one has said Westwood yet, and I can most certanly NOT belive why som many picked Bethesda, I mean take a look att Fallout 3 for example; a game by a developer that big souldn't crash every 5 min, yes it is fun as hell to play (with the correct mods (a little plus because it's so easy to mod))but the rediculusly large hitboxes and characters just falling tru floors!?
EDIT: and I challange anyone who have picked Bethesda or was/is going to to justify what I pointed out.
1) Because Westwood has been dead for six years, and were "acquired" by EA five years before that. (Not saying working under EA is problematic, just making a light argument for the purist)
2) I've never had a problem with Fallout 3 and I run it on a four year old laptop.
3) And to your edit I have two words for you "Elder Scrolls". When a company produces a game that is just one step away from allowing me to chop the disc up into little bits and snort them up my nose for a pure rush of one of my favorite genres, all other sins are forgiven.

OniSuika

Jul 11, 2009
Abedeus said:
Bioware, if I look past the fact that they didn't make Neverwinter Nights 2, but Obsidian did.

Oh, and so far I enjoy ATLUS games. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 and Devil Survivor so far. And SMT: Online, but it's F2P, so it's not that enjoyable as the RPGs.

Still, I have yet to play a Bioware game I didn't instantly fall in love with.
I was gonna say these funnily enough.

And Bethesda as far as I'm aware.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I would have to say Q Games and Q Entertainment. They don't make high budget games but they never disappoint me either. The both feature the letter Q prominently as well; Hmmmmm.

I can't think of another that hasn't disappointed me at some point. Even my favorite franchises (Burnout, GTA) have really gone down the tubes lately.

Georgeman

Mar 2, 2009
Nope, bloody none. No company can always delight me. On the bright side however, when a company I like disappoints me, their next game usually delights me.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Dark Templar said:
Blizzard. I am serious.
They failed me twice, by prioritising Starcraft 2 over Diablo 3 and delaying 1.13 from April 2009.... to God knows how long. And basically halting all gameplay on the Battle.Net.

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
Abedeus said:
Dark Templar said:
Blizzard. I am serious.
They failed me twice, by prioritising Starcraft 2 over Diablo 3 and delaying 1.13 from April 2009.... to God knows how long. And basically halting all gameplay on the Battle.Net.
Boo hoo they have other priorities besides you.

We are still getting Diablo 3, be patient. Popular demand called for starcraft 2 to take up priority right now, no big deal. Battle dot net won't be down forever either, just wait. They are a big company with a lot to do, starcraft 2, a possible starcraft mmo, diablo 3, the next WoW expansion along with all the attention the current wow needs what with the battle dot net merging they have to do, I mean its a wonder they have any time at all. They have failed no one, good thing come to those who wait.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Dark Templar said:
Abedeus said:
Dark Templar said:
Blizzard. I am serious.

We are still getting Diablo 3, be patient. Popular demand called for starcraft 2 to take up priority right now, no big deal. Battle dot net won't be down forever either, just wait. They are a big company with a lot to do, starcraft 2, a possible starcraft mmo, diablo 3, the next WoW expansion along with all the attention the current wow needs what with the battle dot net merging they have to do, I mean its a wonder they have any time at all. They have failed no one, good thing come to those who wait.
By saying "they have failed no one", you are automatically saying other people's opinions are void.

I feel they failed me. At least when they pushed Diablo 3 till "The Next Few Years". You can't say I can't feel this way.

edit: Also, I don't get it why they announced the patch in the first place, if they couldn't do anything for half a year about it.

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
Abedeus said:
Dark Templar said:
Abedeus said:
Dark Templar said:
Blizzard. I am serious.

By saying "they have failed no one", you are automatically saying other people's opinions are void.

I feel they failed me. At least when they pushed Diablo 3 till "The Next Few Years". You can't say I can't feel this way.

edit: Also, I don't get it why they announced the patch in the first place, if they couldn't do anything for half a year about it.
Oops. It seems that I did word my post in such a manner as to invalidate you opinion. My apologies.

Let me try to rephrase it then, you feel they failed you because you have to wait longer for Diablo 3? I find that silly, but you are correct in thinking you have every right to think that.

Vet2501

Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger
Nov 9, 2009
Bioware, Bethesda and Valve!

And Nintendo before they sold their souls to 3rd party money-laundering gimicks.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Dark Templar said:
Abedeus said:
Dark Templar said:
Abedeus said:
Dark Templar said:
Blizzard. I am serious.

Oops. It seems that I did word my post in such a manner as to invalidate you opinion. My apologies.

Let me try to rephrase it then, you feel they failed you because you have to wait longer for Diablo 3? I find that silly, but you are correct in thinking you have every right to think that.
I just don't get it, why they announce a game so early, and then make people wait another 3-4 years.

Frapple

Sep 7, 2007
Would disagree with Valve after the abortion of a game that is CS: S compared to it predecessor.