Is there an Apocalypse that you wouldn't try to survive?

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
If AM took over. I don't think anyone would want to live through a real-life version of 'I Have no Mouth, and I Must Scream'.

Necron_warrior

OPPORTUNISTIC ANARCHIST
Mar 30, 2011
Revnak said:
The inevitable sexy vampire apocalypse. I would give myself willingly to the she-witches.

I also have no desire to survive anything that would lead to lots of bees being around, or giant bees, or anything related to bees. I would kill myself first. Bees are fucking scary.
Oh god ^this.

Both parts.
She-witches are sexy.
Bees are crazy.

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Ebola.

The second someone near me's skin starts falling off, as far as I'm concerned, I'm now infected and a carrier until I vomit my stomach up, so I'm going to flip.

Quick and comparably clean, please.

A Satanic Panda

Nov 5, 2009
ThePenguinKnight said:
Er, that kinda sounds like you hate the human race.

I mean, how come the aliens aren't fighting each other? What if we ARE the aliens to them, and are more advanced. I mean, ffs, why do people always go "Human meet other beings = We fuck shit up"

-There would be few reasons to visit our inferior planet other than gathering resources, which we certainly wouldn't share.

Yeah... first off, inferior planet? Da fuq? As far as I can tell, we are one of the VERY few planets that can sustain life and the only one with known life on it... How the hell is our PLANET inferior? And also, we wouldn't share? Maybe not just share, but if they said "Here, take a few really high tech ships/guns/tractors/computers/shoes" why the hell wouldn't we trade?

Sorry, but I hate people like that. I can't stand people who are always either: Hating the human race, acting like they have the worst life ever, trying to take all the fun and happiness out of anything or just claiming that we humans, as a race, are terrible because of a few bad people...
I hate the human race because I factually stated that we are a highly confrontational and destructive species? I don't hate the human race but rather sometimes I'm disgusted.

Yes, we would technically be the aliens in their eyes but that doesn't really factor into anything now does it? There's no way in hell that we'd be more technologically advanced than a species capable or reaching our planet at such a significant distance. This has been discussed and explained numerous times by various scientists as to why this is true.

By Inferior planet, I don't mean our planets ecology I mean our technology.

"Human meet other beings = We fuck shit up" is actually a very accurate statement. Look at the treatment of Blacks, Indians, Chinese, Jews and Muslims. Look at 9/11 and the Crusades, we destroy what we don't understand or disagree with. This has been proven throughout history and continues to be reinforced day by day.

And once again, this thread isn't about how pleasant things could be but how bad.
But that doesn't go without saying that any alien race that contacts us will likely see us the way colonist see native tribes. The human race and any alien race that survived long enough to travel space did so because they aren't afraid to take what's rightfully someone else's. We kill for what we want, just like any other predator. Does that make us monsters? No.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
I'd try even if I didn't have much of a chance of survival anyway. Better to die with a gun in your hand than swallowing a bottle of sleeping pills and half a bottle of Jack.

Priest of Lies

Mar 16, 2011
There are two kinds of appocolypses that would be nearly immpossible to survive. A biblical one with the Four Horsemen, or one like the movie 2012, with all the natural dissasters.

Latenz1134

Feb 23, 2012
Revnak said:
The inevitable sexy vampire apocalypse. I would give myself willingly to the she-witches.

I also have no desire to survive anything that would lead to lots of bees being around, or giant bees, or anything related to bees. I would kill myself first. Bees are fucking scary.
Even more scary are wasps, bet you would gladly accept a bee invasion over a wasp one, damn wasps, so useless to ecosystems :mad:
OT: An alien invasion of sorts would be unstoppable, resistance would be futile. We must submit to our alien masters.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Rawne1980 said:
If I was going to be the only survivor and all food products vanished except Brussel Sprouts.

I'd take a long painful death over living off Brussel Sprouts.
This

I'd probably try to survive anything out of sheer stubbornness, but not if I can only eat Brussel Sprouts. Those things are terrible.

Tomeran

Nov 17, 2011
I think I'd try my very best to survive just about any kind of apocalypse, at least in the beginning. The will to live can be pretty darned strong.

However, Im guessing I'd eventually go "to hell with it" if it turns out it was pretty much guaranteed to be game over. Such as a planet on planet impact, our sun going nova, black hole suddenly showing up in our solar system and if the conservatives win the next election.

Alien invasions, zombie apocalypse or great natural disaster, such as a super-volcano eruption? I'd probably go "amagawd! awesome!" first and then hit myself with a shovel once I realized how many people died. And then use the said shovel to kill aliens or/and zombies or dig myself a shelter with it.

Only exception would be if like...the Asari invaded. Then I'd just go "oh hell yes!".

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
Latenz1134 said:
Revnak said:

Even more scary are wasps, bet you would gladly accept a bee invasion over a wasp one, damn wasps, so useless to ecosystems :mad:
OT: An alien invasion of sorts would be unstoppable, resistance would be futile. We must submit to our alien masters.
Wasps do not swarm like bees do. And the bees we have are like wasps anyway. I never reall take the time to differentiate between the two.

bullet_sandw1ch

Jun 3, 2011
Blargh McBlargh said:
Gamma ray hitting the planet.

The ozone layer would be completely annihilated, most oxygen would be knocked off the planet and what was left would be set ablaze. What survives the fire, will soon die from extreme radiation.

If, for some reason, a person would survive all that, the earth would be a hellish, barren wasteland, unfit for any kind of life.
yeah... i read in my science text book that the force of a gamma ray is like 4 trillion nuclear bombs. i know it would destroy the moon, causing the rubble to fall to earth, tag teaming us. the moon and the ray burst would wipe the planet clean of life. maybe thats how mars went. a gamma ray burst...

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
when women finally figure out to have to have babies on their own without the help of males.

that's pretty much game over for every guy on the planet.

bullet_sandw1ch

Jun 3, 2011
a zombie apocalypse. i will not live in a world where i may be forced to leave my family and cat to a horde of hungry corpses. i will not hear their screams of pain as i run. if i have to, they will go before i, if it comes to it. but the next bullet is mine, god dammit!

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
The kind of Apocolypse in Darksiders, obviously. I mean, even if you did try, i's kind of unfair because you'd still get your assed kick by demons. I mean, you wouldn't even be able to hide. I'd rather just sit in my house and wait for them to bust down my door or something.

Or, you know, hitch a ride with a horsemen and fight. You could do that too.

Blobpie

May 20, 2009
I would attempt to survive no matter what, because I MADE THESE PLANS FOR A REASON!

ThePenguinKnight

Mar 30, 2012
A Satanic Panda said:
But that doesn't go without saying that any alien race that contacts us will likely see us the way colonist see native tribes. The human race and any alien race that survived long enough to travel space did so because they aren't afraid to take what's rightfully someone else's. We kill for what we want, just like any other predator. Does that make us monsters? No.
I'm going to say this one last time, please pay attention.
I don't hate the human race. I don't think were monsters. AGAIN! I simply stated that by our very nature, we are more likely to fire at an alien force out of fear than befriend them.

hermes200 said:
ThePenguinKnight said:
Lil_Rimmy said:
ThePenguinKnight said:
I wouldn't try to fight an alien invasion, we'd have no chance.
Who says the aliens are aggressive or more advanced? They might have space flight but no weapons...
If they are capable of getting to our planet than they are significantly more advanced than we are and likely possess knowledge we can't even begin to imagine. There would be few reasons to visit our inferior planet other than gathering resources, which we certainly wouldn't share.

Plus the topic does say "Apocalypse" so it's really just based off of that.
Not really, there are several sci-fi stories about aliens that advanced one way of the "technology tree" different than us, which allowed them to have space travel but relatively little warfare technology. It would be like us trying to fight colonial martians.

Also, there is the example of War of the Worlds. All the good weapons, but they didn't invented antibiotics.
There are also several sci-fi stories about aliens coming to impregnate our women, what's your point? This thread concerns the APOCALYPSE, not prancing and picking daisies with alien lifeforms. And for the record, although War Of The Worlds was brilliant it was also published in 1898 and didn't take account for something as simple as haz-mat suits. If they can develop interstellar travel they can develop and predict the need for protection against a possibly hazardous atmosphere just as we did.

Rai^3

Jul 25, 2009
If the actual Biblical apocalypse takes place, I daresay we'd all be pretty well fucked. So would a grand majority of self-proclaimed Christians, too, though, so it wouldn't be all bad.

Ha! Reminded myself of when I nearly died and had to be resuscitated. When asked if I saw Heaven (I didn't) I replied that it was just a bunch of old guys in tunics laughing their asses off because nobody's gotten in for the past 600 years.

a ginger491

Apr 8, 2011
I don't think I'd ever give up. I'm the kind of person who is still scared of dying and would try to survive as long as I could in anything, no matter how futile it truly was.