Is there any game where the main character has an accent?

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
If by accent you mean "non-American", THEN:
Niko Bellic
Mario
Lara Croft
Psycho
The Getaway guys
Thomas and Ray from Call of Juarez
Violet
Does the Chili Con Carnage guy ever speak?

Looking through the other posts, it seems I'm just recounting the ones that havebeen said.

Tyler69

Jul 1, 2009
The main character from Saints Row 2 can pick from some accents : afro-american, british hooligan, and latino. Also Nico Collard from Broken sword series has a french accent.

J.J

Aug 24, 2009
Professor Layton has a rather non-North American accent. Female lead from No More Heroes, leaving the realm of main characters though.

ntw3001 said:
chrisdibs said:
they all have an accent of one kind or another, what kind of a stupid question is that?
Link doesn't.
Hahaha! Nice!

Goatlemon

Jan 15, 2009
Does no one on this site read threads before they post? I just read through three bloody pages of people saying Mario, various spellings of Niko Bellic and declaring that everyone has an accent.

Now as for an answer to the thread, I'm going to say Laser Cat, because his accent is Australian.

Stig_Marshall

Apr 13, 2009
McMarbles said:
iamq said:
I mean, judging by most games nowdays, everyone sounds like they come from north america.

How many games are there that's got a character with an accent?

And no, team fortress doesn't count, since that game doesn't have a main character.
How you managed to miss Niko Belloc, star of one of the most successful games of all time, is beyond me.

Not to mention Mario, star of the most successful FRANCHISE of all time. Mama mia!
Lol I think you shoulda put the emphasis in that sentence on the "most" not the "franchise"

The MOST successful franchise of all time.

Jees louise if we can't get our own grammar straight, what hope have our children got?! You are right though. Fuckin Mario baby!

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Abengoshis said:
Cmwissy said:
Everyone in the fable games has some sort of British accent.
Most of which are nothing like how we really talk, may I add.
Aye, as funny as I found them, I'm just glad all us Scots don't walk around sounding like the Gargoyles. :)

matnatz

Oct 21, 2008
Marq said:
Every main character that speaks has an accent. Americans do have accents. And most of those accents are awful. You guys need to learn to speak properly. And spell.
Yeah, the generic North American accent sounds really bad when you actually listen to it.

Mar 26, 2008
Tyler69 said:
The main character from Saints Row 2 can pick from some accents : afro-american, british hooligan, and latino.
As an Australian that annoyed me somewhat as there was no "neutral" sort of voice. In the end I went with British hooligan as his pitch was almost an exact match for my voice. The strange thing now is I occasionally go around putting on that same accent and say phrases from that game with alarming accuracy. All I need now are the pimp coat, yellow shades, latex pants and bowler hat and it'll be life immitating art.