Is there anything you are honor-bound to do or not do?

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
I am honor bound to rain fiery vengeance upon the treacherous and the teabaggers.

Seriously. Teabag me. I will hunt you down and harass you the rest of the time you are on that server. Every time you stop moving there will be a bullet in your brain or a knife in your back or a tank plowed through the wall in pursuit.

Commander CC

Apr 1, 2009
My OCD thing tends to involve taking certain party members in party based RPGs, usually either because I really like them and can't leave them behind (i.e., Garrus in Mass Effect, or Minsc in Baldur's Gate, or Iolo, Shamino and Dupre in the Ultima games), or because they feel as though they are more plot critical and should not leave the party (Aerith in FF VII or Alistair and Morrigan in Dragon Age:Origins or Kreia in KOTOR 2).

The plot related one usually trumps the personal liking one, I suppose, since in Baldur's Gate 1 I tend to roll with the party that Baldur's Gate 2 implies that you rolled with (Minsc, Dynaheir, Khalid, Jaheira and Imoen) even though I always want to experiment more with the other characters, and especially bring along Edwin along for lulz.

If I deviate from this rule and leave certain people behind, I tend to get that funny feeling that something is out of place until I fix the party lineup, which is a problem sometimes as I need to make a conscious effort to use a different setup.

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
Pink Gregory said:
"Find the way you're supposed to go. Go the other way first."
This appears to be the only reply to this thread that I can relate to. I've played many a game where it's not clear which is the way to go, until it's too late, and you can't return to find out what mysteries the side path held.

I guess another more general rule is that I refuse to try the multiplayer mode of a game, until I've finished the story mode. I think the original reason for this was that I thought people online would discuss the story mode a bit, and I didn't want any spoilers. There's also the idea that the story mode will give me practice needed to put up a reasonable fight against other people. Although this has all become a moot point since I cancelled my x-box live subscription.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I don't know if honor's got anything to do with it but I never play below Normal Difficulty and I never use cheats.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
If a game allows excessive stealing with little to no consequences (Elder Scrolls games for example), I don't steal.

If I play a shooter, I pick the hardest difficulty, or the one before it if that one isn't the medium one.

Pink Gregory said:
"Find the way you're supposed to go. Go the other way first."
This one too.