is this allowed to happen

Hitokiri_Gensai

Jul 17, 2010
failure of the system there. You werent doing anything wrong, and further, the place serves meat so why should you get banned for eating it, when these people showed up, and confronted you, not the other way around. Id go back to the cafe and talk to the owner, and tell them exactly what happened because thats just bullshit.

Its not your fault this woman cried because you were eating steak, its her own failure for being so emotionally strung out that she cant just accept other peoples lifestyles.

"Vegetarian, ancient aboriginal for lousy hunter"

fragmaster09

Nov 15, 2010
Glerken said:
I just think you're lying.

Why is a fourteen year old alone in a cafe eating steak? What are the chances that two vegetarians would actually go up to a lone teenager and start debating morals with him? What are the chances that out of the whole cafe they would choose him? Why wouldn't he just ignore them? Why would the cook have kicked him out?
because that's what modern society is like, people pick on the person they think will react worst and let them 'win' easily

Filiecs

May 24, 2011
Wow, I hate people like that. Being a vegetarian myself (for strictly taste preference) those sound like complete and utter pricks. I probably would have done something similar to what you did if I were in that situation.

Kevin Maccaull

Jul 7, 2010
Fish has to be fished from the sea, (least some does) and They shouldnt try to force belifs on you. I woulda ordered another steak for good measure! yes im completely serious, Id actually eat it, b/c its a bad idea to chuck a perfectly good steak at someones face...

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
First thing you did wrong was argue with crazy because that makes you out to be the bad guy and no matter how right you are people will still see you as being wrong and nothing good will come of it. It's still fucked up though and I can't say I wouldn't argue with them either though. especially if they asked me if I knew what I was eating was a living breathing thing I always reply "No it was once a living breathing thing, now its dead and so very delicious." luckily (or sadly) I never meet any crazy people.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
All I can say is that you try to go back to the cafe and explain what happened.

The worst that can happen is that you get thrown out again. No point in not trying at this rate.

Also, try to avoid conversations with morons in real life. On the Internet, it's perfectly OK, but if people are trying to pick fights like this in real life, then they are always wrong up to the point where you respond. Then you're in the wrong. People like this simply cannot be reasoned with; no point in wasting your perfectly good oxygen.

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
They probably did it on purpose to feel superior to you.

Not all vegetarians are like that, believe me.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Let's rise up and burn PETA's headquarters to the ground!

Not really though.

But I love Ironic people, they always make me laugh.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
"And that's why I want to blow up the planet into little bite-sized pieces, kids!"
"YAY!"

That's wrong. You did the right thing. Everyone has the right to eat meat. Or tofu. Or grass. Too bad we all live with idiots around us. This women must of been the extreme religious type. A lot of religious women are too self-righteous to see the truth around them. It's only their opinion that matters.

Sigh... I hate stupid people.

Ralphfromdk

Mar 26, 2009
Hamish Durie said:
*Snipety snip*
Here's a tip for what to do next time some crazy person tries to talk to you:
Do what they say that you're doing wrong :D

In this case, you watch the crazy lady in the eyes, take a big bite of steak and go "mmmmmm, this steak is so gooooooooood, I can almost taste the soul of the cow, mmmm mmmmm mmmmmmmmmm."

I did that once myself when some crazy vegans tried to force their way of life onto me.
Passive aggressiveness goes along way when you're in public since you won't do anything wrong, but end up pissing them off.

Also, it's bloody good fun.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
And this is why we need an anti stupidity agency. Also, please work on your typing skills.

Liudeius

Oct 5, 2010
Wow, I have a hard time believing it's THAT one sided, but just wow.

Crazy people.

On a side note, my father wants all meat and dairy banned (due to environmental impacts, not "cruelty") yet for years he called fish a plant.

akfg666

Dec 9, 2010
Glerken said:
Why is a fourteen year old alone in a cafe eating steak? ?
You say that as if it is an uncommon thing to do.
It's just something people do, it's not like it's a completely unheard of thing for someone to be in a cafe enjoying a steak by themselves.

OT-Totally unjust...as everyone else said explain to the manager/cook and I'm sure they will understand

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Wow that is quite the story :D
I mean I was jumped by religious extremists(jehovas witnesses) more then a few times but yours wins by a mile.

You learned two very valuable life lessons tho, people are hypocrites and men will get blamed for everything.

If you really like the place you could try and smooth things over with the cook, but my suggestion is find a new one because it's always good to try new things and such idiocy is worth noones time.

Takumashii

Jul 16, 2011
I'm glad they didn't attack you, from the way you were describing them the couple did not sound sane at all. You should talk to the manager of the cafe about the banning though, the couple should've been banned for bothering you in the first place.

Wherethefuckiswally

Aug 3, 2011
Veggies that still eat fish are called Pescatarians. Seriously i really don't understand how anyone can be a veggie. I would seriously eat human meat if it was cooked medium and served with a bit of gravy. Hmm, wonder what that would taste like...