Is this how we should handle Dick Pics?

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
This woman's apparent hobby is tracking down the guys sending her dick pics and sending their wives, girlfriends, sisters, aunts, mothers the pictures with a message that they deserve better than this. She says this has greatly reduced the number of dick pics she is receiving since guys are now afraid to send them to her.

http://jezebel.com/model-responds-to-unwelcome-dick-pics-by-contacting-sen-1756022915

So is this a good way for women should handle this issue? Most of the time when someone gets frequent dick pics, you just go "oh wow another one.." and toss it. It takes time and effort on her part to actually have to track these guys down, though if there was a service for this so it would not be an inconvenience to the women receiving them to have to put forth additional effort to track these people down, that may be good.. a "Dick Pic Redress Exigency Service".. Hmm I wonder if she would offer this service out..

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
I occasionally get slutty emails apparently from women who want to meet me in my area- very often they are quite revealing pics at that, and they make me feel uncomfortable and annoyed, but I have no way to combat that, it seems. Would the service be able to help me as well?

In all seriousness, though, if these are people that you know or something, then shaming them for the pics could backfire, and have people you know end up despising you, even though you were totally the victim. Maybe the threat, and proof that you could shame them, might work? As for people you don't know, I think that yeah, this would be pretty effective... except that now you would be guilty yourself of sending dick pics to women. Maybe emails without the pics or something, I dunno.

EDIT: Actually, a really professional-looking email/doc with evidence of third parties being contacted (legal parties, or at least a show of force of some kind- police, lawyers, etc.) and whatnot would be pretty intimidating to idiots who send pics of their junk... I would hope. If the email had a warning, then I would reckon that if they went ahead and sent more, that they would be asking for it. On the other hand, tracking down their family and relations could be seen as bad, at least if it wasn't done by the police, so I'm not sure about this.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Sounds like a real dick move to me

Oh well, 'tis better to have sent and lost than to have never sent at all

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
inu-kun said:
How does one get in position to be sent dick picks anyway? I guess she gets with instagram following but how most women get them?

Regardless, if by solving the problem you mean "paint yourself as a huge target for following harrasement by proclaiming your actions online" then good job.
If you actually read the article, she is receiving less of them due to proclaiming her actions rather than more... she scared off potential harassers through her actions. How is that making yourself a target when it proved effective to reduce the number of people doing it?

Women are sent dick pics by simply having an online presence the same as men. Regardless of the community, it is something that tends to happen, even among professional communities such as linkedin, women are often targeted just for being present. By participating in active communities online, you get exposed to these things. In todays world everyone uses the internet from everything from school studies to business and social activities. People communicate online through email, games, forums and a variety of social networking and messengers services , both male and female. Just by using and participating in communities, the same as everyone else, women are targeted for these things.

It is terribly ignorant to think that she painted herself as a target when what she did actually reduced the amount of it she was receiving.

In fact, it works so well.. I think someone should offer this as a service. When people are harassed or sent dick pics online, they could offer a service to send the information to the people providing the service to find the people responsible and let everyone associated with them know of their actions. Someone would probably make quite a bit of money doing so as I am sure there are plenty of people willing to pay for such things.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Y'know, there's an easy way to avoid having your "dick pics" used against you: Don't send unsolicited pictures of your penis to people. I mean, if you do that, you're basically granting permission for the person you sent them to to do anything with them, and then you really can't complain and you shouldn't expect sympathy.

s0denone

Apr 25, 2008
That is pretty funny. Hoping it doesn't scare all the lads off from sending some nice pics to their birds, tho', yeah?

"Is this how we should handle dick pics?"
I think it is a fair way of handling it. I haven't ever sent an unsolicited one and can't for the life of me see the appeal, but hey - its just a dick, isn't it? We've all seen one. Or two. Three. Four. Many. Who cares.

I'm sure Orlando Bloom receives a lot of tit pics too, though, should he be sending those to those womens partners?
Thinking on that, I don't think he should, and this model probably shouldn't be sending this shit to their women, either. I understand the frustration if you're getting an inordinate amount of that shit, though, so I'm not really sure what I'd prefer.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
I really never understood this. As a man there is no way I would consider sending a picture of my penis to someone else. Unsolicited or otherwise. I just... why?

It's a complete sideswipe to my own logic that not only would people do such a thing, but people do it so much that this woman has to take active steps to deter people from doing such a thing, and it's clearly not just teen 4chan trolls if she is able to track their wives and girlfriends.

Do we need to have a PSA about this? Do Ryan Reynolds and Michael Caine need to create a short video about how guys shouldn't send dick pics to be shown on TV/at school?

That this is an actual problem in our society makes me weep for our culture. Seriously guys, you get everything you deserve if you get caught doing this.

Jeez.

s0denone

Apr 25, 2008
Hero in a half shell said:
I really never understood this. As a man there is no way I would consider sending a picture of my penis to someone else. Unsolicited or otherwise. I just... why?
Never got a nude pic yourself, either?
I'm hoping for your sake it is because you're very young, even if the rest of your post doesn't make it look like you are.

Sending nude pics to your partner is fun and its super fucking arousing(for both). You're missing out.

kurokotetsu

Proud Master
Sep 17, 2008
inu-kun said:
How does one get in position to be sent dick picks anyway? I guess she gets with instagram following but how most women get them?

Regardless, if by solving the problem you mean "paint yourself as a huge target for following harrasement by proclaiming your actions online" then good job.
MY girlfriend gets sent dick picks form old acquaintaces all the time. No solicitation. Just guys that like her (she is an attractive woman) as a way to "impress her" or to "show their interest" or whatever but it happnes, at least every couple of months. She shows me (she quite hates it) and we have a laugh and she ingores them or asks them pretty sarcastically what the fuck where they expecting by that. And she has no important online following. SO just being attractive seems to be an invitation to get picks of mens dicks. Mind you the first thing she tells this guys is that she is wiht me and ina happy relationship and this guys ignore that. So the position to be sent that is to have a IM service and be a female a man is attracted to.

About doing this, while it is a good way to stop unwanted attention, it also has the side efect of affecting the woman that the picks are sent too. It must be pretty annoying to get a message form a girl you don't know with the genitalia of some one close to you (which is something most people would avoid). Men should just stop that, or rather send it only when appropiate.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
s0denone said:
I'm hoping for your sake it is because you're very young, even if the rest of your post doesn't make it look like you are.

Sending nude pics to your partner is fun and its super fucking arousing(for both). You're missing out.
It's also really stupid, as it's only one small step from your phone to the internet as a whole. It's so easy for a phone or computer to be hacked and for potentially embarrassing photos to be leaked, it's just better to never take them in the first place. A good rule of thumb is to never have anything you don't want the entire world to see on a device connected to the internet.

s0denone

Apr 25, 2008
Drathnoxis said:
It's also really stupid, as it's only one small step from your phone to the internet as a whole. It's so easy for a phone or computer to be hacked and for potentially embarrassing photos to be leaked, it's just better to never take them in the first place. A good rule of thumb is to never have anything you don't want the entire world to see on a device connected to the internet.
That is a pretty insane way of thinking. I am not supposed to take some sexy pics for my SO because there is some kind of miniscule chance that they end up online?
Nonsense. Nobody is "hacking" my phone or my computer. The fact that you think "hackers" are on the prowl for John Does dick pics means you haven't the slightest idea about what is going on.

The way shit you take (pics or video alike) end up on the Internet is if your SO leaks it. It isn't because of any "hacker" browsing your "Nude Pics" folder on your desktop.

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
You're linking jezebel as a serious source is your first problem.

But honestly, no. I'd elaborate, but I think most people already know the reasons why.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
s0denone said:

I'm nearly 30!
Maybe it's just a mixture of me being really prudish and averse to smart-phones, still, there's a huge difference between sending your specific partner a naughty picture, compared to freely forwarding lurid snaps of your todger to random woman you find on the internet.
What could possibly go wrong?!

s0denone

Apr 25, 2008
Charlie Kelly KOTR said:
"That's an insane way of thinking!"
"I'm not gonna let the assholes win!"

-Jennifer Lawrence probably

Seriously, having your picture taken nude, or even your nude PORTRAIT PAINTED has a rich history of "leaking". If you're so young that you don't know that yet, take the scholarly route instead of the tradesman's, you'd regret the latter.

By the way, you scoff at "hackers" being "on the prowl for John Does dick pick", but... you remember the huge hack and dump of Snapchat? That was like... 85% John Doe dick.
You don't understand the whole idea, but I'm nore sure it matters; I have a feeling you're just being a contrarian.

Just take it from someone who knows more about it than you, regardless of you very clearly thinking otherwise. "Hackers" aren't generally looking to leak or indeed "doxx" anyone without cause. If we assume there is no cause, there is an extremely small risk - and the risk is 0% if the images or the picture/video is stored locally (as in not online or in a cloud)

This whole idea you have is that hackers will enter your(a totally random person) computer willy-nilly,having nothing else to do, and simply look around for nude pictures and photos. That is not what happens. Ever.

I'm nearly 30!
Maybe it's just a mixture of me being really prudish and averse to smart-phones, still, there's a huge difference between sending your specific partner a naughty picture, compared to freely forwarding lurid snaps of your todger to random woman you find on the internet.
What could possibly go wrong?!
Fair enough and I completely agree. The people sending graphic unsolicited pictures (or video) are complete morons.

Still though, to each his own, I suppose.
To me, being at work and getting a picture of a pair of tits with some text saying "Come fuck me", "I need you" or whatever, is really fun, playful and exciting at the same time --- Not to mention massively motivational for getting that work done and asking to be let off!
I would really advise everyone to engage in it, honestly. I didn't use to, but an ex-girlfriend of mine talked me into also sending her some pics and I've really come to like it. It's pretty awesome in that forbidden way too, when you're receiving the dirty pictures while perhaps in a room with colleagues and the like.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Charlie Kelly KOTR said:
s0denone said:
Drathnoxis said:
That is a pretty insane way of thinking. I am not supposed to take some sexy pics for my SO because there is some kind of miniscule chance that they end up online?
Nonsense. Nobody is "hacking" my phone or my computer. The fact that you think "hackers" are on the prowl for John Does dick pics means you haven't the slightest idea about what is going on.

The way shit you take (pics or video alike) end up on the Internet is if your SO leaks it. It isn't because of any "hacker" browsing your "Nude Pics" folder on your desktop.

Seriously, having your picture taken nude, or even your nude PORTRAIT PAINTED has a rich history of "leaking". If you're so young that you don't know that yet, take the scholarly route instead of the tradesman's, you'd regret the latter.

By the way, you scoff at "hackers" being "on the prowl for John Does dick pick", but... you remember the huge hack and dump of Snapchat? That was like... 85% John Doe dick.
Jennifer Lawrence is not a random John Doe. Jennifer Lawrence is an actor people obsess over.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
s0denone said:
Charlie Kelly KOTR said:

You don't understand the whole idea, but I'm nore sure it matters; I have a feeling you're just being a contrarian.

Just take it from someone who knows more about it than you, regardless of you very clearly thinking otherwise. "Hackers" aren't generally looking to leak or indeed "doxx" anyone without cause. If we assume there is no cause, there is an extremely small risk - and the risk is 0% if the images or the picture/video is stored locally (as in not online or in a cloud)

This whole idea you have is that hackers will enter your(a totally random person) computer willy-nilly,having nothing else to do, and simply look around for nude pictures and photos. That is not what happens. Ever.
As more in each generation become more computer lit, it is just a matter of time until " everyone's a hacker". We have tween and teen hackers that really do not care who it is... my friend growing up hacked into the school, friends, and the bank computer at 13 before he had the FBI show up to his house... You are thinking about it from a professional hacker standpoint, not just kids messing around online. Kids hack games, parents, friends, everything around them and they don't care whose nude pics they send out online..

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
Charlie Kelly KOTR said:
Redryhno said:
You're linking jezebel as a serious source is your first problem.

But honestly, no. I'd elaborate, but I think most people already know the reasons why.
Please elaborate, I have no idea why sharing some moron's dingle they shared with you unsolicited is bad.
First, there's the obvious "congratulations, you just announced to every weirdo with an ISP that you don't tolerate dick pics, hope you like goatsche-type things! Because that's all you're getting for the next week or so because you'll inevitably react to it which just starts the whole cycle over again!" Like seriously, it largely works the exact same way as minor bullies and class clowns do as kids. Give 'em attention, they'll just keep doing it. Ignore it, and you might still get some of it, but it won't happen nearly as often.

Second, if we're going to throw a fit anytime a woman has her nudes leaked online because of an ex(whether they do it for shits and giggles, revenge, or because they asked them to do so, whatever the case is), it honestly only seems fitting to do the same in this situation. They were sent in confidence, and are revealed SOLELY to shame and humiliate, which is something the internet at large regularly starts flame wars over.

Third, she's boasting about it. You don't get to complain about this kind of thing and then try to reap some kind of benefit from it as far as I'm concerned.

Fourth, I just think jezebel and their ilk makes tabloids look like actual bastions of journalism and will rag on anything they publish that people don't think is worthy of much other than taking the piss at it.

As an aside, fine, sure, let their spouses and partners know, it falls into a similar category to cheating, even if I don't agree with it then. But it's overboard to send it to their entire families and just reeks of "sure, that happened" material.