Is this how we should handle Dick Pics?

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Redryhno said:
Charlie Kelly KOTR said:
Redryhno said:
You're linking jezebel as a serious source is your first problem.

But honestly, no. I'd elaborate, but I think most people already know the reasons why.
Please elaborate, I have no idea why sharing some moron's dingle they shared with you unsolicited is bad.
First, there's the obvious "congratulations, you just announced to every weirdo with an ISP that you don't tolerate dick pics, hope you like goatsche-type things! Because that's all you're getting for the next week or so because you'll inevitably react to it which just starts the whole cycle over again!" Like seriously, it largely works the exact same way as minor bullies and class clowns do as kids. Give 'em attention, they'll just keep doing it. Ignore it, and you might still get some of it, but it won't happen nearly as often.

Second, if we're going to throw a fit anytime a woman has her nudes leaked online because of an ex(whether they do it for shits and giggles, revenge, or because they asked them to do so, whatever the case is), it honestly only seems fitting to do the same in this situation. They were sent in confidence, and are revealed SOLELY to shame and humiliate, which is something the internet at large regularly starts flame wars over.

Third, she's boasting about it. You don't get to complain about this kind of thing and then try to reap some kind of benefit from it as far as I'm concerned.

Fourth, I just think jezebel and their ilk makes tabloids look like actual bastions of journalism and will rag on anything they publish that people don't think is worthy of much other than taking the piss at it.

As an aside, fine, sure, let their spouses and partners know, it falls into a similar category to cheating, even if I don't agree with it then. But it's overboard to send it to their entire families and just reeks of "sure, that happened" material.
Did you read the Interview? She has been advertising that she does this and it has reduced the number of people sending them to her since she started advertising that she does this. It makes no difference is she speaks to Jezebel or anyone else.. it is her interview.
What you stated makes no sense. You stated the exact opposite of what she said has happened since she started making it public she does this..

She is "boasting" about how this has reduced the number of people sending them to her. I do not think you understood what was being said in her interview.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
inu-kun said:
Lil devils x said:
inu-kun said:
How does one get in position to be sent dick picks anyway? I guess she gets with instagram following but how most women get them?

Regardless, if by solving the problem you mean "paint yourself as a huge target for following harrasement by proclaiming your actions online" then good job.
If you actually read the article, she is receiving less of them due to proclaiming her actions rather than more... she scared off potential harassers through her actions. How is that making yourself a target when it proved effective to reduce the number of people doing it?

Women are sent dick pics by simply having an online presence the same as men. Regardless of the community, it is something that tends to happen, even among professional communities such as linkedin, women are often targeted just for being present. By participating in active communities online, you get exposed to these things. In todays world everyone uses the internet from everything from school studies to business and social activities. People communicate online through email, games, forums and a variety of social networking and messengers services , both male and female. Just by using and participating in communities, the same as everyone else, women are targeted for these things.

It is terribly ignorant to think that she painted herself as a target when what she did actually reduced the amount of it she was receiving.
I meant more that proclaiming her actions on websites as a way to stop the harrasement will result in her increasing her harrasement in the future, basically "don't wake the dragon".
I understood what you said, and I think you fail to understand that she isn't concerned about waking the dragon, because she IS the dragon.. How many guys are willing to risk sending a dick pic having their family, friends, employer find out they are doing this? They would be the ones waking the Dragon.

The reason this works is her response is more effective than their harassment.

s0denone

Apr 25, 2008
Lil devils x said:
As more in each generation become more computer lit, it is just a matter of time until " everyone's a hacker". We have tween and teen hackers that really do not care who it is... my friend growing up hacked into the school, friends, and the bank computer at 13 before he had the FBI show up to his house... You are thinking about it from a professional hacker standpoint, not just kids messing around online. Kids hack games, parents, friends, everything around them and they don't care whose nude pics they send out online..
Even so, it isn't childsplay to actually "hack" a computer. Sure there are some idiotic wunderkinds out there like you mention, and I know one who was like that when he was very young aswell - but they are very few and very far between.

Again, most "hackers" "hack" emails, iClouds and the like. They don't actually "hack" computers. It isn't Lisbeth Salandar all over again, where she is moving your mouse on your desktop from a remote location, because your computer is turned on. Sure, it is possible, but that kind of "hacking" doesn't happen for no reason, because it is some advanced, high tier shit. Hence why I use the distinction John Doe versus John Celebrity.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
s0denone said:
Lil devils x said:
As more in each generation become more computer lit, it is just a matter of time until " everyone's a hacker". We have tween and teen hackers that really do not care who it is... my friend growing up hacked into the school, friends, and the bank computer at 13 before he had the FBI show up to his house... You are thinking about it from a professional hacker standpoint, not just kids messing around online. Kids hack games, parents, friends, everything around them and they don't care whose nude pics they send out online..
Even so, it isn't childsplay to actually "hack" a computer. Sure there are some idiotic wunderkinds out there like you mention, and I know one who was like that when he was very young aswell - but they are very few and very far between.

Again, most "hackers" "hack" emails, iClouds and the like. They don't actually "hack" computers. It isn't Lisbeth Salandar all over again, where she is moving your mouse on your desktop from a remote location, because your computer is turned on. Sure, it is possible, but that kind of "hacking" doesn't happen for no reason, because it is some advanced, high tier shit. Hence why I use the distinction John Doe versus John Celebrity.
Most of the widespread " hacking " I am aware of is embedding a keylogger in a picture. Most of the kids are not "wonder kids" they just spread this stuff around for kicks. They do not create the keylogger.. they just use pictures to spread it.

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
If I were getting a bunch of dick pics (and was hypothetically of the female persuasion), then I would send them the last dick pic I was sent in reply.

Or I would probably just do my best to ignore them. But that's not nearly as funny.

s0denone

Apr 25, 2008
Lil devils x said:
Most of the widespread " hacking " I am aware of is embedding a keylogger in a picture. Most of the kids are not "wonder kids" they just spread this stuff around for kicks. They do not create the keylogger.. they just use pictures to spread it.
Exactly. Which gives you access to email, online clouds and the like, but not actually local files. Which is why I said that if you save your stuff locally and not online, the risk is non-existant.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
s0denone said:
Lil devils x said:
Exactly. Which gives you access to email, online clouds and the like, but not actually local files. Which is why I said that if you save your stuff locally and not online, the risk is non-existant.
No, it gives them access to everything typed in.. access to most means used to send the pics in the first place. " All your passwords belong to us."

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
inu-kun said:
Lil devils x said:
inu-kun said:
Lil devils x said:
inu-kun said:
How does one get in position to be sent dick picks anyway? I guess she gets with instagram following but how most women get them?

Regardless, if by solving the problem you mean "paint yourself as a huge target for following harrasement by proclaiming your actions online" then good job.
If you actually read the article, she is receiving less of them due to proclaiming her actions rather than more... she scared off potential harassers through her actions. How is that making yourself a target when it proved effective to reduce the number of people doing it?

Women are sent dick pics by simply having an online presence the same as men. Regardless of the community, it is something that tends to happen, even among professional communities such as linkedin, women are often targeted just for being present. By participating in active communities online, you get exposed to these things. In todays world everyone uses the internet from everything from school studies to business and social activities. People communicate online through email, games, forums and a variety of social networking and messengers services , both male and female. Just by using and participating in communities, the same as everyone else, women are targeted for these things.

It is terribly ignorant to think that she painted herself as a target when what she did actually reduced the amount of it she was receiving.
I meant more that proclaiming her actions on websites as a way to stop the harrasement will result in her increasing her harrasement in the future, basically "don't wake the dragon".
I understood what you said, and I think you fail to understand that she isn't concerned about waking the dragon, because she IS the dragon.. How many guys are willing to risk sending a dick pic having their family, friends, employer find out they are doing this? They would be the ones waking the Dragon.

The reason this works is her response is more effective than their harassment.
Or trolls will make annonymous accounts just to screw with her.
yes, but it takes more effort to be anonymous on the internet than to not be. When you log into troll accounts, you can still be found. You can browse the internet anonymously with some effort, it is much more difficult to remain anonymous and log into sites. They give up their anonymity to log in to most accounts...

They do not need you to tell people who you are to find you..

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Hah! Well their other half should be made aware that their sweetums is going around flaunting their own anatomy in some twisted idea of seducing others. So yes. If they don't have another half, send it to their mum, seeing as they are such children, they should be treated as such. Anyone defending dick pics are most probably culprits anyhow, as it makes no sense to anyone that has any respect for their fellow human. I can see how it originates from a combination of a bloated ego mixed with projecting their own fantasies onto other people while only willing to serve themselves. Not a good example to lead by.

s0denone

Apr 25, 2008
Lil devils x said:
No, it gives them access to everything typed in.. access to most means used to send the pics in the first place. " All your passwords belong to us."
What???
Assuming you're saving some picture that your SO sent and you don't have it lying anywhere online, as in having deleted the email, the message from the cloud or whatever the fuck, then you are SAFE.

The useless skid keylogger doesn't help with actually accessing your computer, only helps accessing your online accounts. SO IF IT IS ONLY SAVED LOCALLY, THERE IS NO RISK.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
s0denone said:
Lil devils x said:
What???
Assuming you're saving some picture that your SO sent and you don't have it lying anywhere online, as in having deleted the email, the message from the cloud or whatever the fuck, then you are SAFE.

The useless skid keylogger doesn't help with actually accessing your computer, only helps accessing your online accounts. SO IF IT IS ONLY SAVED LOCALLY, THERE IS NO RISK.
Your email is not really deleted, nor are most email servers secured. If they sent it to you, it most likely can be recovered unless people went to some extremes to make it so.. That was part of the problem Mrs. Clinton is having with her home email server issues even with the protections she had in place..

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
s0denone said:
Lil devils x said:
What???

Ever heard of remote desktop? With your passwords they can turn that on as well..
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/how-to-use-remote-desktop

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
s0denone said:
I'm willing to bet you three slices of toast that most people who send dick pics aren't really that careful.

s0denone

Apr 25, 2008
Yeah, I don't think you know the limitations of skids and the fact that actual black hats don't run around hacking John Does computer just for shits.

Anyway we are just treading water, so let's drop it.

DoPo said:
I'm willing to bet you three slices of toast that most people who send dick pics aren't really that careful.
Hah! Regardless of it being only three slices of toast, there is very little sense in taking that bet.

I am not talking about Doctor Cock symptomtreating his patients from his iphone daily, though, I am talking to the users of the forum and saying they shouldn't be scared some "big scare hacker" is looking to steal their photos.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
s0denone said:
Yeah, I don't think you know the limitations of skids and the fact that actual black hats don't run around hacking John Does computer just for shits.

Anyway we are just treading water, so let's drop it.
" actual" My cousin traps viruses for testing, my best friend sits in a warehouse all night long with hundreds of computers answering a "24 hour 1-800 help our computers at our business just lost all of our clients data questions" and my other other friend created a game mounting password guessing program... I do not think you realize just how common this is now. Kids these days are a mess online...

RedRockRun

sneaky sneaky
Jul 23, 2009
So, hordes of men are sending random dick pics to this one woman? Methinks she's soliciting them.

Sep 13, 2009
Redryhno said:
First, there's the obvious "congratulations, you just announced to every weirdo with an ISP that you don't tolerate dick pics, hope you like goatsche-type things! Because that's all you're getting for the next week or so because you'll inevitably react to it which just starts the whole cycle over again!" Like seriously, it largely works the exact same way as minor bullies and class clowns do as kids. Give 'em attention, they'll just keep doing it. Ignore it, and you might still get some of it, but it won't happen nearly as often.

Second, if we're going to throw a fit anytime a woman has her nudes leaked online because of an ex(whether they do it for shits and giggles, revenge, or because they asked them to do so, whatever the case is), it honestly only seems fitting to do the same in this situation. They were sent in confidence, and are revealed SOLELY to shame and humiliate, which is something the internet at large regularly starts flame wars over.

Third, she's boasting about it. You don't get to complain about this kind of thing and then try to reap some kind of benefit from it as far as I'm concerned.

Fourth, I just think jezebel and their ilk makes tabloids look like actual bastions of journalism and will rag on anything they publish that people don't think is worthy of much other than taking the piss at it.

As an aside, fine, sure, let their spouses and partners know, it falls into a similar category to cheating, even if I don't agree with it then. But it's overboard to send it to their entire families and just reeks of "sure, that happened" material.
This is pretty different from spreading nudes of someone sent in a good natured manner.

First of all, she's holding someone accountable for doing something wrong. Sending unwanted dick picks to someone then calling them a slut is a whole different ball game than sending a picture to your spouse. No one should be punished for sending nude pictures to a spouse and partner.

Secondly, she's sending them to a specific person, not spreading them online. As well, her motives for sending it are not just for the sake of holding them accountable for their actions, but for the sake of the wife or girlfriend who has no idea what sort of prick their husband/boyfriend is.If you are sending unwanted pictures to a stranger, harass them and then expect them to keep it to themselves out of consideration they should have for you, then... well you're either an idiot, or you don't give a damn about your privacy.

And finally, in most of the cases she doesn't actually send the photos to anyone. She specified that unless they're just absolutely awful, she'll send a picture of their Facebook or Twitter pages to warn them to stop, and give them an idea of what she can do if they don't.

I think her announcing this is more good than bad, because it lets the people who'd send unwanted nudes know that they aren't completely anonymous, and their actions might have consequences for someone besides the person they're sending them to (Notably, themselves).

I will agree that sending them to family is a little iffy, but I'm not fully decided on how warranted I think it is

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
s0denone said:
DoPo said:
Hah! Regardless of it being only three slices of toast, there is very little sense in taking that bet.

I am not talking about Doctor Cock symptomtreating his patients from his iphone daily, though, I am talking to the users of the forum and saying they shouldn't be scared some "big scare hacker" is looking to steal their photos.
I'm just saying that most computer users don't really know how to operate a computer. Expecting of them to "only have files locally" and (try to) wipe traces seems like a big thing to ask.

Source: I've had to deal with people who don't know how to computer. There is many of them.