Is this morally bad?

Mazza35

Jan 20, 2011
That I am joining the Army because I actually want to get away from everyone and blow shit up, kill people and chew bubble gum?
I think it, but I love the idea so much of going to war and fucking people up with bullets and knives...

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Well, I suppose if that's how you feel, it's good that you'd be directing that into the military (and therefore well away from me). But remember that there's plenty of other people who feel the same way, and some of them may join the enemy forces you'd be facing.

Bullets and knives are less fun when they're in you.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Eh, I can't exactly say I share your feelings but if you really want to "fuck people up with bullets and knifes", then I'd rather you do it in the Middle East for a possibly justified cause than back here on the streets.

Cheesepower5

Dec 21, 2009
Yes, it is. Fortunately for you; morals matter for shit. Although it might be healthy to get a deeper understanding of the nature of these urges...

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
What's with all this namby-pamby feel-bad-about-good-wetwork bullshit?! You're in the army of the United States of Shut Your Third Goddamned Eye For A Fucking Reason!

(Okay, I probably did a shit job with that quote, but still, points to anyone who gets the reference.)

Dec 14, 2009
Wanting to kill people?

Yes, it is kind of bad, especially since you seem to want to do it for all the wrong reasons.

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
I think you should read into the military a bit more before wanting to join, it aint all sunshine and rainbows.
If you choose to join the infantry (which I assume you are cause that's where most of the shooting is) you'll have to constantly carry an extremely heavy bag on your back, eat mostly MREs which from what I hear some taste pretty terrible, and should a war suddenly happen you'd be stuck in a trench most of the time surrounded by the dead, rats, and urinals.

But yeah I think that is morally bad, killing for the sake of killing.

Mazza35

Jan 20, 2011
JimB said:
What's with all this namby-pamby feel-bad-about-good-wetwork bullshit?! You're in the army of the United States of Shut Your Third Goddamned Eye For A Fucking Reason!

(Okay, I probably did a shit job with that quote, but still, points to anyone who gets the reference.)
Australian Army, we are less cannon fodder.

And yes I researched extensively on the subject, and had accounts from it. And I'd rather prefer it to civilization as it is. It's shit -.-

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Well I believe you just have absolutely no idea what killing someone can do to you're psyche, really I only ever almost killed one person and I still get nightmares about it sometimes, it kind off haunts me, I sometimes just think of how awful it was that I was willing to do that, but really I think you just have no idea what you're signing up to, I really doubt you understand what killing someone actually means, I'm pretty sure that if you do it you'll probably return with PTSD, if you don't die.

Fatboy_41

Jan 16, 2012
Just make sure you use a different e-mail on your application to the one you've used for here. I'm sure the psych guys would love to track down this thread when assessing your stability.

Mazza35

Jan 20, 2011
I am half joking you do relies?

True point, I really think civilization is falling apart, I really wish I was born 100 years ago >.>

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
Just be sure to tell them you're joining to defend the country and all that jazz. That kind of mindset gets you booted quick.

But...I guess it's okay. It's a way to get those urges out in the one manor society deems aceptable. I say go ahead.

Dec 14, 2009
Mazza35 said:
I am half joking you do relies?

True point, I really think civilization is falling apart, I really wish I was born 100 years ago >.>
Not much of a history buff, huh :D

If you had gone through 2 world wars, I doubt you'd think the world was so great back then.

Mazza35

Jan 20, 2011
Just wouldn't go to the wars, WWII, drafting. Working as a public servant (Railways) except from draft.
Just because we live longer doesn't mean we live better, everyone is getting fatty, lazier and so many people just sit and do nothing to contribute to society and still get money.
I really think those people should be killed. Unless they get off their lazy asses and work for the betterment of everyone.

Dec 14, 2009
Mazza35 said:
Just wouldn't go to the wars, WWII, drafting. Working as a public servant (Railways) except from draft.
Just because we live longer doesn't mean we live better, everyone is getting fatty, lazier and so many people just sit and do nothing to contribute to society and still get money.
I really think those people should be killed. Unless they get off their lazy asses and work for the betterment of everyone.
I'm not sure if you're joking or not, which worries me because I'm usually pretty good at telling the difference...

You want to make things better for everyone, but want to kill those who don't?

I...

What?

Mazza35

Jan 20, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Mazza35 said:
I'm not sure if you're joking or not, which worries me because I'm usually pretty good at telling the difference...

I...

What?
Basically yeah, contribute or die. Pretty good motivation I think.

Dec 14, 2009
Mazza35 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Mazza35 said:

I...

What?
Basically yeah, contribute or die. Pretty good motivation I think.
Let's just say that I'm glad you're in a very small minority.