Is this normal??

N.K

Aug 19, 2008
Crypticonic said:
Whenever I insert a game disc in my xbox(not the 360) it makes a strange grunting/screeching noise before the game starts....is this normal?? has anyone else experienced this? Its almost as if my console is possessed >_<. My games do play fine 99.99999998% of the time since i got the laser replaced a while back. I have examined the discs afterward and they don't look damaged and they do play fine.
Sounds like what mine starting doing that just before it started freezing after 1-3 hours of playing (depending on the game).

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Crypticonic said:
Whenever I insert a game disc in my xbox(not the 360) it makes a strange grunting/screeching noise before the game starts....is this normal?? has anyone else experienced this? Its almost as if my console is possessed >_<. My games do play fine 99.99999998% of the time since i got the laser replaced a while back. I have examined the discs afterward and they don't look damaged and they do play fine.
If it does die, tell me where you went looking for a new one. My Xbox overheated and *something* must have melted cause it is now dead.

Advice: Get it checked out by an expert. If it gets worse, stop playing IMMEDIATELY.

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
Its not normal that you are still playing an Xbox. They OLD!

Communist partisan

Jan 24, 2009
Have you never heard of "If voilence works on computers it works on consoles too" well I yust made that up but I'm sure many said it before me but it's true.

C_sector

Jan 7, 2010
Xeros said:
My your Xbox spirit doesn't like the games you're playing?
LOL Halo too much for it or what?

Simriel said:
Its not normal that you are still playing an Xbox. They OLD!
Well, i also have an N64 which is even older......zzzzzz the controler analog stick is busted too.....zzzzzz
N.K said:
Crypticonic said:
Sounds like what mine starting doing that just before it started freezing after 1-3 hours of playing (depending on the game).
My one has frozen a couple of times since i got the laser replaced.........
miracleofsound said:
It's programmed to do that...

Microsoft's way of gently nudging you towards the current gen XBOX.
o0 lol...if that is true then Microsoft is definitely the most evil, soulless entity created by man....EVER!!

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Crypticonic said:
[
miracleofsound said:
It's programmed to do that...

Microsoft's way of gently nudging you towards the current gen XBOX.
o0 lol...if that is true then Microsoft is definitely the most evil, soulless entity created by man....EVER!!
That's what went wrong with the RROD. It wasn't meant to happen until well into the next gen but they fucked up the timers.

It's a conspiracy, I tell you!

Not really.