is youtube being a new form of weird for anyone else?

Confidingtripod

May 29, 2010
Starting about yesterday morning youtube video's are either loading incredibly slowly or not at all, its just youtube, no-where else has any new problems.

I just thought I'd ask if anyone else was having trouble like this before I sent a complaint, just to be sure its not me

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
It's working perfectly fine for me. No issues with loading, buffering, playing, etc.

Confidingtripod

May 29, 2010
My roommate is having the same trouble, interestingly the quality settings seem to be a symptom, or a cause, it keeps trying to re-adjust the quality then failing each one refuses to load, I'm split between hoping its localized and easy to fix and hoping it becomes a big problem so they would give an update as to what went wrong, I know its them because vids aon every other site work fine, its just youtube

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Mine does this all the time.
Youtube just sucks. Wait a day and it usually just works again.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
This happens to me from time to time. I think it's Flash Player being stupid but I wouldn't rule out it being a youtube problem. A video acting up on my PC will play fine on the PS3 or Ipad. Often times, a reboot solves the issue...until it pops up again. It seems to be random which is annoying. It's probably been a couple of weeks since it has last happened to me.

Clowndoe

Aug 6, 2012
Happens to me too, there's always something wrong with Youtube. Just wish they could find something that works for them and stick with it. It was good in 2005, it was fine in 2009, and it's mostly not broken now, so just STAHP!

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Youtube's always acting screwy for me. Usually a few seconds after I start playing the video it will suddenly drop significantly in quality so that it looks like a super enlarged image and then sometimes freeze or only play the audio while the video stays frozen. Trying to pause or play a video only increases the odds of this happening.

Why did you have to start sucking youtube? You keep shoveling unnecessary new features onto your web player, in addition to all those adds, and it only increases the number of things that can go wrong.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
The only thing that I've noticed being weird on YouTube at the moment is the amount of Persona music and videos being taken down due to "copyright infringement" recently. And it doesn't appear to be anyone Japanese that is making YouTube pull these videos. I wonder what the hell is going on?

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
Not buffering. Slow. Background obstructed by foreground objects. Removal of "More videos from this user" feature. Absurd size of subscription thumbnails. Dropdown boxes clipping behind the previously mentioned god-awful dashboard. Constant reminders to set a new screen name with no option to tell it to fuck right off.

'Working as intended.'

It's a real shame.

TakerFoxx

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2011
And here I thought the OP had wandered into the weird part of Youtube for the first time. Kind of disappointed that such wasn't the case.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
TakerFoxx said:
And here I thought the OP had wandered into the weird part of Youtube for the first time. Kind of disappointed that such wasn't the case.
That was my first thought as well. I was hoping to share some of my favorites.

In any case, Youtube has been screwy for me for quite some time now. Some of its shenanigans include:

*Halting the buffering process when the video is paused.

*Jittery playback when buffering in HD.

*Occasionally refusing to load in HD.

*Video player straight-up crashes.

And for the record, I with Youtube would revise its "remove first, ask questions later" policy. I used to have a somewhat active channel until my videos started getting constantly flagged for copyright violations, even though my content fell under fair use for parody. I eventually stopped uploading due to the hassle.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Videos I watch tend to change quality at random, especially in the full screen view. I've also issues with the Watch History, it doesn't load properly and I can't go beyond the first "page" as the button won't go normal as opposed to thisgrey, and the red bar which acts as the loading bar doesn't go to the end. Not sure if it's a problem with YouTube itself.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
It's been doing this for me for the last day or so. The quality will either drop to the lowest option, the video will stop loading or it will just crap out altogether and say the video isn't available. BBC iPlayer is working fine and is even playing videos in HD without a hitch, so it's nothing to do with my connection.

I heard that Youtube started lowering the bandwidth to people if they were using the site a lot, which makes no sense so is probably true.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
I tend only have big problems with YouTube when I tether my phone to act as my modem, and then the problem is that I can't even get into YouTube at all. It's very odd; one day it works perfectly fine, the next day I can't access the page. Dunno why.

grey_space

Magnetic Mutant
Apr 16, 2012
teqrevisited said:
Not buffering. Slow. Background obstructed by foreground objects. Removal of "More videos from this user" feature. Absurd size of subscription thumbnails. Dropdown boxes clipping behind the previously mentioned god-awful dashboard. Constant reminders to set a new screen name with no option to tell it to fuck right off.

'Working as intended.'
It's a real shame.
Yes. What is the fucking story with them wanting me to change my username all the time?

Fuck off youtube. No I do not want my work email associated with my youtube account.

Stop fucking asking me!!!!!

AjHedgehog

Aug 3, 2012
Mine would always default to 240p or the dreaded 144p (didn't even know that was a thing xD) but then I right clicked on the video chose 'settings' and said to use 0kb of local storage. Now all the videos play fine with only occasional buffering if they have only just been uploaded but most importantly default to 360p and then HD when full screened. Hopefully this helps someone else

Generic4me

Oct 10, 2012
YouTube is always broken in some way. New features rarely work for me, redesigns just ruin everything, and Google's insistence that I combine my account with god knows what is very irritating.

Hence, I've gravitated away from being involved in the community, or even using my account.

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
A few problems;

- Stops buffering when paused.
- sometimes just does not want to load the 1080p HD even though it is fully buffered.
- Video player crashed mid video, have to refresh a few times.

And one very weird one that i sometimes get, it plays ads before some videos when... Ehm, let's just say it is not supposed to do that.