It still works!!

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
My dog knocked over my first-gen Xbox 360 just last week. It fell from 3 feet and landed upside down. It still works!

Seriously, I don't know how, but I apparantly managed to get the only indestructible Xbox in existance.

The incident did wreck my copy of Left 4 Dead 2, but I hated that game anyways...

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
My laptop fell off my friend's desk, with the lid closed though, and fell, top side first, onto wooden floorboards.
Picked it up, opened it, took it out of sleep mode, still works to this day.

therightanswer

Mar 1, 2011
My cell phone has been in the atlantic, pacific, and indian oceans.

Still works fine.

I also have an n64 that was flung down a flight of stairs in my college dorm. Blow in the cartridges each time and it works fine.

therightanswer

Mar 1, 2011
staika said:
the spud said:
staika said:
When my cousin and I were out fishing he dropped his phone in the lake and he jumped in the lake and made a mad dive and he managed to grab his phone from under the water. he put it in white rice when we got home and the phone worked perfectly after that.
White rice?...The fuck?
Yeah supposedly the white rice absorbs the fluid that the phone got when it was dropped in the lake. My cousin supposedly learned that trick from the internet and I was skeptical at first but it worked so I can't complain with the results.
white rice (or brown rice for that matter) do nothing more than air would.

You are supposed to use uncooked rice.

Ca3zar416

Sep 8, 2010
I DID THE SAME THING WITH MY GAMEBOY!!! People always ask me how I managed that and I respond "Bowel movement is no reason to stop gaming. Especially with a handheld."

Ryan Minns

Mar 29, 2011
I drained over a cup of water out of my X360 awhile back, dried it out, hooked it back up and worked fine, still worked fine to this day... I think, thing hasn't been used since I checked to see if it worked lol

The Hero Killer

Aug 9, 2010
I had a HDTV that the sound stopped working on and I let it sit in the box for about 4 months and then when I had already bought another one and was ready to throw this one out I tried it one last time and it worked.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Stammer said:
lol that's awesome! Reminds me of something that happened to me once.

I was at my TV playing Final Fantasy XI, when I decided to move my TV table (with both my keyboard and a Goblet? full of iced cappuccino) away from me so I could get up. Unfortunately, the table got caught in the carpet and wobbled all over the place, spilling pretty much the entire contents of the Goblet? into the keyboard. It was literally dripping from the inside with the thick, sticky beverage.

So I took all of the keys off of the keyboard and ran it under a faucet with warm water, washed each individual key with soap and water, let it dry for an hour, and then replaced each key. It didn't work then. The next day it still didn't work.

BUT ON THE THIRD DAY IT ROSE AGAIN AND BEGAN WORKING MIRACULOUSLY. I call it the "Jesus Keyboard". XD
You win my friend. Cool story.

I tossed my GB color at the ground it bounced a ton and smashed into a cabinet of some nice wood type. Kept working, a robust design. I was mad cause for like the 4th time I'd lost to Gary at Pokemon tower in Lavender Town, and I had a bad temper back than.

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
My launch DS fell on to concrete and the hinge broke. The system still works to this day (Aside from the shoulder buttons). My brothers DS Lite does not really work at all and that's just from normal-ish wear and tear (The shoulder buttons were the first to go). I waited until the DSi to upgrade (It's shoulder buttons don't work right either). Moral of the story, Nintendo needs to make better shoulder buttons...

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I spilled ice water on my Gamecube and it was fine. My friend brought his PS1 memory card with him when we went into the river to fish and it worked. I accidentally ripped out the power strip connecting the on button on my PS2 and it still worked. I dropped my Gameboy in lava and oh wait....

the spud

May 2, 2011
staika said:
Snippety snip snip.

Hey man, whatever works. That may be why they put rice in salt shakers, I don't know.

And if the internet told you it will fix it, then is probably legit. Just like this how to instructing you how to clean a disc scratch.

estoria-etnia

Aug 22, 2009
My Wii has been surprisingly resilient. I'm rather klutzy, so I keep knocking it off the shelf and no matter how far it's been dropped thus far, it still works! The thing won't die. <_< The controllers have survived being lobbed at the wall or the floor too. Also surprising.

As for my GC, I've dropped the thing down a flight of stairs, it still worked. I dug it out of storage, had it fall off the shelf, bounce off my head, and then land on the floor. It was perfectly intact.

My head hurt like hell and I had a big bruise, but I was fine otherwise.

000Ronald

Mar 7, 2008
Yes, I have had a Gameboy Classic.

A friend of mine hit it with a sledgehammer, and the sledgehammer broke. I am not joking. Whatever that happens to be made of, that's what they should make airplanes out of.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
the spud said:
staika said:
Snippety snip snip.

Hey man, whatever works. That may be why they put rice in salt shakers, I don't know.

And if the internet told you it will fix it, then is probably legit. Just like this how to instructing you how to clean a disc scratch.
Thank you for the laugh, but my cousin is one of those moronic people who believe a lot of what he reads but hell he jumped into the lake to save his phone. He's just lucky that he got his information from an accredited source, and by that I mean yahoo answers.

ManimalR

Jan 3, 2011
left my cheap £1.50 memory stick in my jeans when they were washed, still worked perfectly, no data corruption or loss even though it was rusty

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
One of my old phones went through the washing machine and still worked afterward.