It's Fucking Everywhere.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
The Escapist was into ponies before ponies were cool. Just throwing that out there.
/hipster glasses XD

OT: Yeah. It's easy to get ponied out but thankfully the internet has a lot more to offer.

icame

Aug 4, 2010
Don't like it? Then don't pay attention to it. Just because others like it, and you don't doesn't mean that it should not go on any further. Just be happy that they are enjoying themselves.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
It's more of a meme, you need to realize that. It's an interest, not just a joke. And when people take an interest in something, you can be damn sure they're gonna talk about it, hence all the pony stuff on the internet.

Also, I feel this picture is fitting (although you're probably not mad):

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
Susan Arendt said:
The Escapist was into ponies before ponies were cool. Just throwing that out there.
I won't question that but don't you think you pander to them a bit too much? I realize you do it to gain respect from the people who make up the majority of the Escapist (i.e. PC gamers, TF2 fans, Anime fans, etc) but I feel everything should be seen as objectively as possible. Not saying its a bad idea though, The Escapist seems to get better and better every week and I would not want that to stop.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
icame said:
Don't like it? Then don't pay attention to it. Just because others like it, and you don't doesn't mean that it should not go on any further. Just be happy that they are enjoying themselves.
:(
Why isn't anyone paying attention to the ACTUAL topic I.E. Things you see on the internet too much.
And I stated 4 times in this thread alone that I've seen it and it isn't bad. My problem is when people try to push on everyone else,sure it's how curiosity got the best of me one morning,but not everyone has to see it.

I'm like the guy who makes fun of Final Fantasy despite liking the games. (in a manner of speaking)

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
Rawne1980 said:
I've said it before and i'll say it again (purely because I have nothing to do for another 20 minutes my wife is watching soaps so i'm avoiding the living room .... they drive me nuts), I don't understand where the ponies came from this time round.

Seriously, those ponies started when I was 3, to put into perspective that was 1983, 28 years ago. Around 1993 they died a horrible, painful, stuttering death.

Granted they were still hovering around in limbo but they were too scared to show their faces.

All of a sudden they have shot out of nowhere, no one saw it coming.

I have a friend who watches them with his daughter (or so he says). Now remember that My Little Pony was aimed at young women and children when Hasbro launched them and to this day they haven't changed.

Now i'm not saying grown men are girly for watching it at all, i've watched cartoons recently myself albeit not the ponies. I haven't watched it myself but i've never known something so old thats relaunched and taken off so quickly.
It's because it was taken under the wing of Lauren Faust, who's really good at making cartoons that also adults can watch. She completely remade the show, and only kept the ponies. The stories are very much different, it has great comedic timing, fleshed out and interesting characters, and so on. Everything that makes a show good. I mean, there's even jokes about spiking drinks. Jokes that only adults can get.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Coldster said:
Susan Arendt said:
I won't question that but don't you think you pander to them a bit too much? I realize you do it to gain respect from the people who make up the majority of the Escapist (i.e. PC gamers, TF2 fans, Anime fans, etc) but I feel everything should be seen as objectively as possible. Not saying its a bad idea though, The Escapist seems to get better and better every week and I would not want that to stop.
What's to be objective about? Like I said, we've had a pony running gag since long before MLP came about.

Nackl of Gilmed

Sep 13, 2010
So your pretense is "things you've seen everywhere"?

Well, I've seen willfully ignorant racism and nationalism disguised as innocent patriotism everywhere, but I doubt that has anything to do with your anti-bronie thing. As far as I can tell, this new Little Pony show is just another cartoon that looks more kiddie than it actually is. I have no problem with people liking it, and I don't see any impartial and logically defensible reason for you to dislike it either. Personal reasons would of course be perfectly valid if you hadn't tried to tie it to some broad social issue.

Hitokiri_Gensai

Jul 17, 2010
NYAN CAT HAUNTS MY DREAMSSSSSSS

seriously though i cant click on ANYTHING without getting NYAN CAT. then of course my girlfriend proves she LOVE it and plays it... all the time.

Simeon Ivanov

Jun 2, 2011
Well I love the show, but the memes are getting kinda annoying ...

Edit: Nyan Cat ... I couldn't listen to more than 10 seconds of it before I had to wash my ears with some metal.

Angel Molina

Mar 23, 2011
NotAPie said:
Anyone care to explain the pony thing to me? I'm still very confused.
Here you go, maybe this will clear some things up:
http://www.sonicsuns.net/mainblog/archives/explaining-the-brony-phenomenon

OT: You know those video ads (commercials) that show up before you want to play a video? For example, the commercials that play whenever you start a video on youtube or here on the escapist. THAT HAS DRIVEN ME UP THE WALLS TO NO END!!!

I remember a time when the only ads you had to deal with on any website was the ones that showed up on the side or in some other place where it could be easily ignored. And then one day... I saw a youtube video... with a commercial... then I cried... as the infection slowly spread like a festering parasite to countless other websites.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Pinkamena said:
It's more of a meme, you need to realize that. It's an interest, not just a joke. And when people take an interest in something, you can be damn sure they're gonna talk about it, hence all the pony stuff on the internet.

Also, I feel this picture is fitting (although you're probably not mad):
Oh hey,I remember you.
From a different thread and I was telling you my guy needs his gun but is missing an arm.
Ah,good times.

Also,I think it's pretty crazy how people don't notice the fineprint on my op:
Alphakirby said:
So,is there anything on the internet that people are seeing just a bit too much.
But then again,I probably should see this stuff coming more often then I actually do.

Newtonyd

Apr 30, 2011
MianusIzBleeding said:
...Its a fucking girls show
Even the avatars are enough to piss me off now
Someone is butthuuuuuuurt~~

OT: I enjoy the ponies, and I doubt they are really your problem OP. Your problem is just that some people zealously try to shove things down other people's throats or spam things to be douchey. If it wasn't ponies, these people would probably find something else to rant on about.

The best you can do is ignore it and hope the attention-seekers will give up, they're annoying for the less vociferous fans too.

roostuf

Dec 29, 2009
eh,the pony meme thing is dying down now and it is only a matter of time until something morre horrible comes along.

Llil

Jul 24, 2008
Alphakirby said:
:(
Why isn't anyone paying attention to the ACTUAL topic I.E. Things you see on the internet too much.
That's what the ponies do to your threads. Once you let them in, they just don't go away.
Simeon Ivanov said:
Edit: Nyan Cat ... I couldn't listen to more than 10 seconds of it before I had to wash my ears with some metal.
Metal, huh?

Sep 11, 2009
Simeon Ivanov said:
Well I love the show, but the memes are getting kinda annoying ...

Here, have some heavy metal Nyan Rainbow Dash:

OT: There are a lot of things I see everywhere, but I don't see why it should bother me. So... yea... That's pretty much all I had to say about that.