It's official, Devil May Cry fans are the worst fans ever

Ironbat92

Nov 19, 2009
Update: I am now aware that the white house petition was just joke and I thank everyone for telling me about it. I also want to note when I'm talking about a fan base, i'm being very general. I'm aware that their are sane fans out there who either A) aren't pissed off by the new game and B) who don't like but aren't like the folks on meteoritic. That said, I still think that this situation is still pretty stupid. It's now shown that Boycott is now a joke and won't be taken seriously. So, if an issue that is important, it'll be written off as childish complaints. Boycott is a powerful word, but, in the gaming community, it's a joke.

original story:
We've seen some pretty stupid boycotts and petitions. From Mass Effect fans wanting the ending changed, to Left 4 Dead 2 for being announced, we've seen many boycotts, but of all the ones, this one takes the fucking cake. Remember when Sonic fans complained about Sonic 4 and eyes being green and they were gonna buy Sonic 1 instead? Well, Devil May Cry fans take that a step further to prove how stupid they are and now make a petition to get it pulled of store shelves:

http://www.screwattack.com/news/devil-may-cry-fans-will-whine
http://kotaku.com/5977888/devil-may-cry-fans-this-is-not-how-democracy-works

Are you kidding me? This the biggest load I've heard. You don't own Devil May Cry nor are you part of it's development. You buy the game, that's it. If your so upset with the new one, then either don't buy it or buy HD collection or Devil May Cry 4. Tell me how the hell does this "violates our rights to have a choice between the original's or the reboot," if the originals are still available on current consoles? Also, Simply because "it changed so much" is not a good reason. Why don't I make a petition to get a new Bionic Commando for the PS3 and 360 or a new Resident Evil game because it wasn't like the old games? Oh, and just because you didn't want a reboot is not a good enough reason either. If so, then we should go out and destroy every movie remake ever made because no one wanted a Remake of Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elms Street, and Total Recall.

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
One guy makes a hilarious troll petition, thus the entire DMC fanbase is now the worst ever?

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
ShadowRatchet92 said:
then we should go out and destroy every movie remake ever made because no one wanted a Remake of Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elms Street, and Total Recall.
Yes by god, yes.

Those 3 movies were bad .... really bad. Is it that bad in Hollywood that they can't think up anything new and have to keep remaking films that don't need to be remade?

I'm partly joking. While I don't mind some remakes of films, some of them I truly despise. Although I am excited for the new Evil Dead, hopefully it will be as enjoyable as the original.

On Topic....

Not all fans are bad. I have genuine complaints as to why I didn't like the new one and no, none of them are "but Dante looks bad".

But those complaints haven't seen me want to burn down Ninja's studio.

They didn't ruin the original, they are still around ... in fact they are sat on my shelf now watching me ... always watching.

What they did was ruin the new game for me. It doesn't bother me I just know not to buy the next one if they make another and go down the same roads with the combat. The combat and gameplay was my problem.

Far too easy. I'm not talking on easy and normal i'm talking Dante Must Die mode (and it's a complaint i've made a few times since finishing it).

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
That petition was removed from the site and was apparently very unpopular. It was likely more trolling than people honestly feeling like their rights were being trampled on or trying to use the political system to get rid of new Dante. However, feel free to generalize the attitudes of thousands based upon the actions of 27 likely trolls.

aguspal

Aug 19, 2012
ShadowRatchet92 said:
We've seen some pretty stupid boycotts and petitions. From Mass Effect fans wanting the ending changed, to Left 4 Dead 2 for being announced, we've seen many boycotts, but of all the ones, this one takes the fucking cake. Remember when Sonic fans complained about Sonic 4 and eyes being green and they were gonna buy Sonic 1 instead? Well, Devil May Cry fans take that a step further to prove how stupid they are and now make a petition to get it pulled of store shelves:

http://www.screwattack.com/news/devil-may-cry-fans-will-whine
http://kotaku.com/5977888/devil-may-cry-fans-this-is-not-how-democracy-works

Are you kidding me? This the biggest load I've heard. You don't own Devil May Cry nor are you part of it's development. You buy the game, that's it. If your so upset with the new one, then either don't buy it or buy HD collection or Devil May Cry 4. Tell me how the hell does this "violates our rights to have a choice between the original's or the reboot," if the originals are still available on current consoles? Also, Simply because "it changed so much" is not a good reason. Why don't I make a petition to get a new Bionic Commando for the PS3 and 360 or a new Resident Evil game because it wasn't like the old games? Oh, and just because you didn't want a reboot is not a good enough reason either. If so, then we should go out and destroy every movie remake ever made because no one wanted a Remake of Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elms Street, and Total Recall.

Well, I for one think its pretty funny, it makes me laugh.

It would be even funnier if they succed somehow. So I will try to support them if I can, becaue its hilarious.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
Talk about obvious flame bait title...but okay...

I don't why I have to keep explaining vocal minorities on this site. Rather its annoying Sonic fans or people bitching about ponies, what we don't seen to understand is there's a few idiots in every group out their based on statisics alone. This one guy being an idiot doesn't mean you can paint all fans with the same brush.

This petition is a bad idea. Nuff said. Ill letting the company know how I feel about the game buy not giving them my money and that's the end of my involvement.

Anathrax

Jan 14, 2013
Honest question, and I'm not trying to offend anyone...

How come most of the time when I see an american person or group protesting, someone brings up something about rights? Again I'm not trying to offend anyone and I know this isn't exactly the topic to not offend anyone but it's still baffling how some people find a way to shovel rights into any arguement.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
I, for one, am really happy to finally excel at something without having to do absolutely anything. Thank you for this prestigious award, I want to thank my mama, my papa, my grandma, my grandpa for providing for my computer, the TV for showing some footage of DMC3 in some video game show, that got me interested in the series, my friend (he know who he is. Also doesn't visit this forum) who actually acquired the game for me when he got a copy too, so I was able to play it. Thank you everyone, without you I wouldn't have been able to get so far!

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Man I love all these posts beginning with "It's official!". Dude, your opinion doesn't make things official. It's just, like, your opinion, man.

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
Anathrax said:
Honest question, and I'm not trying to offend anyone...

How come most of the time when I see an american person or group protesting, someone brings up something about rights? Again I'm not trying to offend anyone and I know this isn't exactly the topic to not offend anyone but it's still baffling how some people find a way to shovel rights into any arguement.
It makes us sound official and gives us some weight. Thats what I guess. I mean we broke away from the Bits cause "dey tramplin our rights!".

Also, It is really stupid you have to say no offense. People are waaayy to easily offended.

OT:I don't see why this matters so much to you.

Dec 14, 2009
People need to start looking up the work 'official'.

It doesn't mean what they think it means.

Besides, the real official worse fanbase of all time Scorpion King 3 fans.

[sub]Come at me Marter :D[/sub]

Bleidd Whitefalcon

Mar 8, 2012
Daystar Clarion said:
People need to start looking up the work 'official'.

It doesn't mean what they think it means.

Besides, the real official worse fanbase of all time Scorpion King 3 fans.

[sub]Come at me Marter :D[/sub]
Oh shit. He's thrown down the gauntlet. This is gonna be good

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Anyone that didn't figure out that it was a trolling attempt should get off the internet tight now. How obvious does it have to be?

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
DMC is worse than the fighting game community? The CoD kiddies? The LoL fans? I know they're throwing a hissyfit but its no different than the others you mentioned. Though it doesn't help a lot of the outspoken people are idiots. I just like playing along because the whole thing is a shitflinging mess and I'm in it for the giggles. I honestly don't know how anyone can take most of those people seriously.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
um, maybe you should start looking at some truelly horrid community's before throw around the title of 'worst ever'.

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
I don't think that DMC fans are the worst fans ever. I do think that crazy Capcom fans are pretty annoying though. There seems to be legions of crazy Capcom fans.
Johnny Novgorod said:
Man I love all these posts beginning with "It's official!". Dude, your opinion doesn't make things official. It's just, like, your opinion, man.
I read that post in the Dudes voice. I can't be the only one, right?

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
JoshTheREfan said:
I don't think that DMC fans are the worst fans ever. I do think that crazy Capcom fans are pretty annoying though. There seems to be legions of crazy Capcom fans.
Johnny Novgorod said:
I was just going to throw in the movie clip but then I decided to avoid the low-content warning... man.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
ShadowRatchet92 said:
If so, then we should go out and destroy every movie remake ever made because no one wanted a Remake of Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elms Street, and Total Recall.
That would inc. Batman: The Animated Series too BTW because that was a reboot. I just give you a minute to let that sink in.

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
Johnny Novgorod said:
JoshTheREfan said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
I was just going to throw in the movie clip but then I decided to avoid the low-content warning... man.
You should have put the link with your post man. I'm sure the less fortunate people who've only ever seen snippets of The Big Lebowski would appreciate it.... dude. :'-(