It's official...GAMES HAVE BEEN BANNED IN YOUR COUNTRY...

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
i'd probably do nothing.

Drugs and fireworks(in some places) have been outlawed for longer than i've been around, and somehow or another people still use both.

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
Acting like a FOOL said:
they've already remodeled a significant fraction of the televised media in ways that you ashamedly admit are improvements
From my point of view, this could only be achieved via the absolute annihilation of censorship (of media aimed at adults, a position supposedly defined by having the right to choose for oneself). Hardly a move that would be followed up by the banning of video games.

If somehow that were the case, I guess I'd watch a lot more TV.

Now, playing the game as you'd probably like it played, we'll assume that in addition to the banning of videogames, television has been "sanitised" to some extent. In this case, I'd get together with my clan and graffiti, petrol bomb and burgle from government properties belonging to the departments in charge of confiscation of games and enforcement of the ban. Individuals employed by these departments would be fair game too.

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
Either:

A) Lead a resistance movement against the totalitarian government that aims to control the media.

OR

B) Move to America. I speak the language and like other aspects of their media (comic books and Hollywood)

Socius

Dec 26, 2008
I say screw this shit!
and create my own illegal gaming ring.
yeah, a gaming gang....GG!
we would all wear white t-shirts will a trollface.

Lord Of Cyberia

Jan 4, 2009
I phone the UN General Secretary and have him boot out the US for Human Rights Violation (Like they did when Italy tried to ban the internet), then throw free guns into the streets.

Apr 29, 2010
Wait. Where are they banned? In the country we were born in or the country we live in? If it's the latter, I'll just fly back to the country I was born in. I mean, games are cheaper back home.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Jedamethis said:
Aylaine said:
Jedamethis said:
Aylaine said:
I would logically have to adapt, or just go to another country. I know games will always be available in Japan, so I'd just go there. xD
What she said.
I despise that sentence, but there's nothing else I can say...
Hahahahah. Why, not a fan of it since it's so popular now? ;)

CUTE AVATAR!!!
Eh? Not a fan of what?

And yes, I love mah happy foxy now ^-^
Trip to Japan?! Can I go too?!

If not, I'll just lead an armed rebellion to bring games back to the US.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Get myself a supercomputer and start downloading those ROMs. Nothing better than having one machine for all your entertainment purposes.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Download them and play them on emulators or hacked consoles I own, only this time, it would be morally justifiable.

Or if a country I like hasn't done so and I have the funds, move.

RagnorakTres

Feb 10, 2009
I would buy a few things....:
A high-powered sniper rifle firing untraceable rounds (preferably developed by monks somewhere in Asia).
A crossbow.
A set of brass knuckles.
A Guy Fawkes mask.
A pair of leather gloves.
Several cans of spray paint.
A powerful television broadcast interrupt.

....and call in a few favors:
I'd get as much exposure as I could through several channels (major news outlets, interrupted broadcasts of reality shows and Fox "News"), both as myself and as my alter-ego (wearing the above Guy Fawkes mask, a suit and the leather gloves). As my alter-ego, I would be sure to have no traceable or identifying marks showing.
My alter-ego would be impassioned, irate, clearly aggrieved by the loss of his favorite pasttime, while I would advance the cold, emotionless, rational reasons why banning video games is a bad idea. Both individuals would reference the other, and I'd be sure to disagree with myself often enough to alleviate any suspicions.
As a final act (if all else failed), the man in the Guy Fawkes mask would assassinate the public figure who had caused all this trouble. I would publicly shun his actions as foolhardy and ill-thought, while simultaneously acceding that his intention was correct. I would point out that he represents a strong portion of the population who disagreed with the figure's position on gaming, and hint that, perhaps, he's not the only one with access to powerful rifles and the skills to use them. On the strength of this, I would attempt to regain control of the government and obliterate that law.

As much as I hate to prey on other people's fears of chaos, occasionally there is no choice. Sometimes you have to do wrongs to do rights. Usually, that fails horribly, but sometimes it's necessary.

thedeathscythe

Aug 6, 2010
They'll never ban games. They may ban certain graphic games if they're THAT bad, but games make too much money. Things that make money get taxed, and the more money they make, the more taxes they collect. Governments think with their wallets 99% of the time. Why do you think they still allow cigarettes? They're a joke. I'm not gonna insult you if you smoke, that's your choice, but you can't deny it's not healthy and addictive, so why doesn't the government ban them? Because they make tons of dough off them, that's why.

Games will never be banned so long as it's a billion dollar industry.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Play them anyway... but the next Professor Layton game comes out next month and if I don't get to play it, heads will roll.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
I'd just download games... even with a ban on sold games, so far no country has been able to controll piracy of games.

Adventurer2626

Jan 21, 2010
I'm going to assume you meant video games and not any sort of game because I'd have two very different answers for them.

If video games were banned, I'd mourn the loss, hide away as much contraband somewhere safe as possible; maybe across the border or something so I won't be as likely be caught with them; and get on with my life. But, I think it'd go about as well as prohibition in the U.S. did.

Now if games of any sort were banned, I'd talk as many of my friends and family as possible into vacating the country tan pronto. Life without fun is just a bad idea.

Edit: I've had a second thought. If video games are banned and the gov't goes all Fahrenheit 411 on us, I'm using the second response here as well. I don't support freedom-crushing fascist countries.