Jack Thompson Authored Game Bill Introduced In Utah

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Okay, that's it. Someone needs to make Whack-A-Mole with Jack Thompson's mug.

"Whack-a-Jack! Rated C for Controversial!"

Pyre1million

Mar 23, 2008
I cannot help but note, for all Jack Thompson's utterly insane raving about video game violence. As of the time I'm writing this, there are 41 responses to the issue. And not a small number of them espouse some kind of violence as a method of removing Thompson as an issue once and for all. Albeit substantially fewer than I thought when I started writing this, which I suppose says alot about psychological priming.

It's like the Calvin & Hobbes comic where he's writing a complaint letter to tv companies regarding issues about violent programs, and Hobbes asks him if he doesn't think it really has an effect, and Calvin responds "Nah. I'd like to shoot the idiots who think this stuff effects me"

That said. God. Fucking. DAMNIT Utah. We FINALLY, FINALLY, after EIGHT YEARS, have a leader who isn't a goddamn laughingstock to the ENTIRE WORLD and EVERY SANE PERSON IN OUR COUNTRY. We FINALLY have a chance at being respected in the world community again, and regaining a measure of self-respect, and some fucktard moron you people put in power decides to listen to a disbarred laywer about the issue he was disbarred on!

Yes, I understand that the process of government means certain things, with enough support, have to be proposed as bills (At least if I'm remembering my law right that's how it works in my state). But Come on. Common sense cannot be that uncommon. And the Mormons are not an excuse, though that particular sect of Christianity has its own sins to answer for already.

Nunka

Oct 10, 2007
wingshot said:
Utah...please just stop alright, I really am hating the stereotypes you bring upon my fellow Americans. Please, if you are reading this, most of us Americans aren't obese crazies...its just that our obese crazies are very, very loud and managed to steal a megaphone when we were in the bathroom.
Hey, we're not all crazies over here in Utah... I know of, like, 5 sane people in this state. That's got to count for something.

Chaossebba

Aug 11, 2008
buy teh haloz said:
Okay, that's it. Someone needs to make Whack-A-Mole with Jack Thompson's mug.

"Whack-a-Jack! Rated C for Controversial!"
that made me laugh, thanks :D

Bertruam

Feb 7, 2009
Well It doesnt seem like hes trying to pull his usual crap. Ratings are there for a reason and I trust them. They kept me from playing Conkers Bad Fur Day when I was nine. Its a good game but I personally don't think children shouldn't hear a song sung by The Great Mighty Poo. I do wonder if his bill will protect retailers from parents who buy their kids M rated games and then ***** about the content.

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
I had to stop in here, whenever I see 'Thompson' I just have to see what idiocy he's spewing forth. :)

gdnvs

Dec 28, 2008
Malygris said:
*snip*
stands out from the crowd in its support of only the most far-right political causes, including opposition to the United Nations, universal health care and vaccination for children and
*snip*
I think this is very interesting. I may be overreacting, but I'm drawing parallels with a jailor refusing to feed a prisoner on the ground that he morally opposes food.

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
Wasnt Jack Thompson dibarred...ohh wait that was only in Florida (I Think)

I do sorta agree with what the bill though selling an R game to a 12 year old is a bit wrong.

countrysteaksauce

Jul 10, 2008
johnx61 said:
All in favor of boxing up Jack Thompson and shipping him to Siberia, say "aye".

¬_¬
Too bad that in Soviet Russia, Siberia ships Jack Thompson back to you!

No, they would not want him there.

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
dekkarax said:
MaxTheReaper said:
Dude, it's just Utah.
It's not even a fuckin' state.
I think it might be a state, I'll need someone to back me up on that though, I'm not sure.
Crap man, my state borders Utah!
Jack Thompson is like the reanimated horde in Lord of Destruction. They just keep coming back! you have to swat them back down 5 or 6 times!

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
you know I'm pretty sure by now Jack Thompson has attacked the First Amendment enough times for it to be considered Treason.

Maybe we should pull the people off the "Best Tasting Sandwich" research committee and have them work on that.

Wybaar

Feb 9, 2009
Zenode@53 wrote:
"I do sorta agree with what the bill though selling an R game to a 12 year old is a bit wrong."

All generalizations are wrong.

Now I'd agree with what I think you meant, "In most cases, selling an R rated game to a 12-year-old is a bad idea." Are there some 12-year-olds that can handle some R-rated games? I'd say probably yes. Are there some 42-year-olds that can't handle any R-rated games? Again, I'd say probably yes.

Hunde Des Krieg

Sep 30, 2008
fish food carl said:
Why don't we just settle this Thompson bullshit by tying him down and forcing him to play Left 4 Dead, Fallout 3 and Gears of War 2. He becomes a gamer, problem solved.
That could inadvertantly open up some other bizarre can of worms.

Specter_

Dec 24, 2008
Malygris said:
Thompson's support base appears to have eroded to the point where only the most extreme groups are willing to give him the time of day. While Utah has a reputation as being perhaps a bit on the fringe of U.S. states, the Utah Eagle Forum, described as "ultra-conservative" by Red menace [http://www.gamepolitics.com/2009/02/03/utah-legislator-will-sponsor-jack-thompson-video-game-bill] and numerous other issues.
Somebody should go on a killing-spree and rid the world of those chimpanzees vegetables (no offense intended to any actual chimpanzees vegetables). Isn't there a law against this kind of stupidity?