Jack Thompson Threatens Gabe Newell Over School Shooter Mod

StrangerQ

Oct 14, 2009
I thougth this nuber one hated by gamers retired? i even recall there being small news spot here ... or am i just imaging things?

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
what is that guy going to do? how is he even going to make Gave liable of this!? i dont understand!

one question thought, has the gov given a yay or a nay to the "free speech" protection that can have videogames!?

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
RanD00M said:
Didn't Jacky lose his lawyer rights in '09? Or something like that which made it so he can't attack the video gaming industry publicly. So isn't he breaking the law by doing this?
yes, he was dis-barred. no, he's not breaking any laws. but, neither does his threat carry any weight (not that it ever did).

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Oh god Jack Thompson is in town lets put on are dumb hats and pretend to go with it maby he will go away then we hire a hitman :3

Jack Thompson you suck and you have no power now gtfo

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Scott Guthrie said:
*hits head repeatedly against keyboard*
Agreed

aijgargbpianh'irngvpbnarainbinrebniarnparnbparinbpanbanbbnajfeinvanra

okay, I'll admit that was me rolling my head against my keyboard because I don't want to break my laptop but I did it with the mind numbing rage and disbelief that I got while reading Jack T's letter.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
This just in:

Jack Thompson against violent videogames. An actual 'murder simulator'.

Apr 28, 2008
He does know that the Virginia Tech kid didn't play games, right? Well apart from Sonic once or twice in his youth, but still.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
Irridium said:
He does know that the Virginia Tech kid didn't play games, right? Well apart from Sonic once or twice in his youth, but still.
Wonderfully, your avatar sums up my reaction to this pretty darn well.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
What does Gabe even have to do with this mod?
Also, It's weird to hear Jack making threats when he clearly has no power.
And... sigh... I hate to admit it, but Jack did predict a game like this would be made. I am disappointed.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
I think I can sum up my feelings for this arrogant, deluded, misinformed waste of redundant protoplasm with three simple words:

GO. FUCK. YOURSELF.

Grrrr, I'm going to save myself a long time of ranting by playing Diablo 2 and pretending HE is Mephisto. Over. And over. And over again.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Athol said:
...and we cant stop them.
Yes we can, we simply ignore them.

Jack can and probably will be a nutcase the whole of his life, but if no-one is paying him any attention it can't spread anywhere. It could of course spread to other nutcases, but that assumes they're capable of effectively communicating with each other with non-nutcases to interpret and filter by paying attention and... where was I?

Zechnophobe

Feb 4, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
Jack Thompson
Actually, I think this may be his most lucid moment yet. I mean, this game IS an ACTUAL travesty and piece of crap that I dislike existing. It IS a bonafide murder simulator in I think, every sense of the word. Well, as close as current tech is going to get.

But that's pretty much as far as it goes. What he thinks gabe newell is going to do about it, I don't know. And the rest of his spiel is just... as stupid as normal.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
now he's after half life?

oh dear, he doesnt know what sort of shit he's getting into....though he never did, cause i'm sure jack is just a retarded blind fascist.