Jaffa Cakes!

Dec 14, 2009
kortin said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Nope.jpg.

You should try some European dark chocolate.

It's not meant to be bitter, but rich.
I dunno. My father brought back some dark chocolate from his trip to Europe a few years back, couldn't even eat a piece. :(
What percentage was it?

Anything more than 75% tends to be rather bitter.

Anything more than 90% is just terrible.

Retal19

Dec 5, 2010
I like Jaffa Cakes, but I prefer the cheaper knock-offs we get from Lidl, because instead of that core of orange in the middle, the orange is over the ENTIRE CAKE. Words cannot describe the beauty of, what I like to call, the Ubercake.

Anthony Wells

May 28, 2011
i have never had a jaffa cake.....YOU MUST instruct me on where to find one of these delicacies....i must try them for they look to be god tier snack food

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
I have never had one oddly enough, even though I have had many chances to have one. I always here Simon from yogscast go on about them, so maybe it is about time to try one. It won't blow my mind though, I don't mind sweets, but I get sick of them fast.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
kortin said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Nope.jpg.

I dunno. My father brought back some dark chocolate from his trip to Europe a few years back, couldn't even eat a piece. :(
What percentage was it?

You need to try some Hotel Chocolat dark chocolate with chilli. It's delicious!
http://www.choc-o-holic.co.uk/shop/images/products/hotel-chocolat-chilli-dark-chocolate-slab.jpg

70% Cocoa

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
Jaffa Cakes solve all problems, and should be used to defuse internet arguments.

"Religion and politics!" truly we must worship JAFFA CAKES!
"Nice girls hate me!" make em love you with JAFFA CAKES!
"The friendzone!" get out of it with JAFFA CAKES!
"Mass effect 3 had a crap ending!" *Paragon decision= JAFFA CAKES!
"I have a small manhood!" it is increased with JAFFA MOTHER FUCKIN' CAKES!

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
kortin said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Nope.jpg.

American "chocolate" is frequently not even chocolate in any real sense. Many large candy manufacturers in the States have stopped using cocoa butter in favour of cheaper vegetable oils, and it is also common to use corn syrup as a sweetener.

It may be what you are used to, but it's really not very good stuff. If you prefer it that's fine: but it means you don't actually like the taste of chocolate, just the massive amounts of cheap corn sugar that are in all North American foods. Trust me, as a Canadian I like to stroke my ego by believing myself uniquely qualified to judge between British and American foods ;)

In the politest manner possible of course!

Dec 14, 2009
TheBobmus said:
Daystar Clarion said:
kortin said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Nope.jpg.

What percentage was it?

http://www.choc-o-holic.co.uk/shop/images/products/hotel-chocolat-chilli-dark-chocolate-slab.jpg

70% Cocoa
I get my chocolate from there regularly :D

Oh gods, they're so fucking good.

Breaker deGodot

Apr 14, 2009
Personally, my mind immediately went to the Yogscast when I read the thread title. I'm still thinking about it now.
OT: Sadly, Jaffa cakes are both difficult to find and extremely expensive here in the US, so I have yet to actually eat a single one. It's a shame, because they sound heavenly.

Dec 14, 2009
SpectacularWebHead said:
Jaffa Cakes solve all problems, and should be used to defuse internet arguments.

"Religion and politics!" truly we must worship JAFFA CAKES!
"Nice girls hate me!" make em love you with JAFFA CAKES!
"The friendzone!" get out of it with JAFFA CAKES!
"Mass effect 3 had a crap ending!" *Paragon decision= JAFFA CAKES!
"I have a small manhood!" it is increased with JAFFA MOTHER FUCKIN' CAKES!
Truly, they are our tasty messiah.

Jaffa Cakes will solve all life's problems.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
What percentage was it?

Can't say I remember, as it was a few years back.

Hazy992 said:
kortin said:
Psh, our chocolate reigns supreme, just as our country does! 'MERRICA! :D
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/003/194/001.jpg[img]

U MAD. British chocolate is best chocolate. Accept no substitutes![/quote]

Never! British chocolate shall be toppled from its totem!

GameMaNiAC

Sep 8, 2010
Oh yes, I am a huge fan of Jaffa Cakes as well. Hail, fellow lover of Jaffa.

Also, this just became my favorite thread on the internet. Congrats.

[sub]I'm also hungry for something sweet now.[/sub]

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Mmm, Jaffa Cakes. I'm American, but there's an area not too far from where I live where the grocery stores carry a few British junk food items for all the rich brits that have summer homes out here. I've had the occasional Jaffa Cake in my time because of it, and it's one of those cases where it's just not fair that they're not easier to get. Like Nutella was until a couple of years ago. Seriously, why did that take 60 years to get over here as a regular foodstuff and not a weird import?

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
kortin said:
Hazy992 said:
kortin said:
Psh, our chocolate reigns supreme, just as our country does! 'MERRICA! :D
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/003/194/001.jpg[img]

U MAD. British chocolate is best chocolate. Accept no substitutes![/quote]

Never! British chocolate shall be toppled from its totem![/quote]By what, that bland muck you Americans pass off as chocolate? Not bloody likely! :D

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
Breaker deGodot said:
Personally, my mind immediately went to the Yogscast when I read the thread title. I'm still thinking about it now.
OT: Sadly, Jaffa cakes are both difficult to find and extremely expensive here in the US, so I have yet to actually eat a single one. It's a shame, because they sound heavenly.
Same here, gotta love Honeydew.

Also if you see them, no matter how expensive they are, get them!

I do the same with Reece's peanut butter cups whenever I find them here in the UK. Luckily a lot of sweet shops, even supermarkets, here have realised that they can cash in on imported American sweets so they're not too hard to find.

But yeah, if you do buy Jaffa Cakes, don't expect the box to last longer than 5 minutes.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
TheBobmus said:

70% Cocoa
I get my chocolate from there regularly :D

Oh gods, they're so fucking good.
It's worth it as an expensive treat for your chocolate tastebuds.
http://greenmarketingblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/taste-buds.gif

Sometimes getting the random mix slabs is good fun as well. Mississippi Mud Pie, Choc Chip Cookie, Rocky Road.
I mean, look at it. It just says 'Eat me, eat me now.'
http://www.hotelchocolat.co.uk//images/products/Mississippi-Mud-Pie-IMG210367m.jpg
Look at me, I'm so delicious!

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
kortin said:
Daystar Clarion said:
kortin said:
Dark chocolate and oranges? No thanks.
There's the door!

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/franchises/images/04/32/43267_Theres_the_Door_normal.jpg[img]

[b]Now get out![/b]

[sub]Dark chocolate and orange indeed. Pfft.[/sub][/quote]

You see, Dark chocolate is quite obviously the worst of all chocolates. Its bitterness (probably what attracts all the brits to it) and lack of sweetness is what ruins it. Then, there's chocolate and oranges together, which is just a generally bad combination. :D[/quote]

You're an American :D

I've had American chocolate.

You guys wouldn't know good chocolate if it bludgeoned your father to death and molested your pet ferret.[/quote]
Clearly somebody has never known the greatness of white chocolate.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
Hazy992 said:
By what, that bland muck you Americans pass off as chocolate? Not bloody likely! :D
I've already got the wheels in motion. Soon Wonkabotinator will remove all british chocolate from the world and I will finally get to take over the tristat- er the chocolate industry and replace it with the only GOOD chocolate, MILK/WHITE CHOCOLATE.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
Woah woah woah. Hold on. McVities produced a 30cm Jaffa Cake for the court hearing?

So... they have the means to produce such a creation, and yet they do not produce them for public consumption? Excuse me while I quietly simmer with rage.