Jailed Crime Bosses Stay On Top With PlayStation

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
Samurai Goomba said:
D_987 said:
cobrausn said:
Um, why do prisoners have 'PlayStations'?
Exactly...
Yep, yep. Obviously the problem is with Sony, not with the Warden allowing convicted felons to go online/game online for free. I would guess the reason criminals would use Playstations (I assume they mean PS3s) has something to do with the online service being free for the moment. I doubt mob bosses have any real preference for Sony.

On the other hand, some of the stuff Sony gets away with makes me think they do indeed have "connections." The CEO certainly has wiseguy moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ydqjqZ_3oc
Please tell me that was a joke...

We are not saying that the prisoners should have Xbox's or Gamecube's instead of Playstation's - but rather, why are they allowed games consoles in general...?

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Execute them all with the electric chair.

I don't care about their rights anymore. Those mob bosses should be murdered in cold blood for what they're doing.

Go on. Gimme a reason why they shouldn't do it.

Oh, and to Samurai, please don't turn this into yet another console war thread.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
They only deserve Nintendo Wi-Fi. Let's see crime bosses rule their empire on Mariokart Wii.

Beetlejooce

Dec 26, 2008
This is stupid. Prisoners are in prison because they are being punished, and it's like a 4 star hotel. I'm sure a lot of people in Africa and other places like that would much rather be in a British prison than living where they do now.

And also if you take people who've gone to prison for hacking into banks or robbing money over the internet, imagine what they could do with a PS3.. they could activate Skynet as a way to spite their captors. Then the media would be all over it and blame games consoles, and everything would be bad :(

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Hardcore_gamer said:
[
Mazty said:
Jail is jail, not fun time with a Playstation.
Well then what are they suppose to do? Buy a coloring book? I think allot of people here are completely missing the point of prisons. The REAL punishing in being sent to prisons is the fact that your freedom has been taken away and that you can no longer go where you want to. And IF you think there is no difference in playing video games at your home and playing them while being in prison then you can't have much of a life since in that case since you probably never leave your home and don't have anyone you care about.
Im sorry, maybe we should give them their 50" plasmas back too.

halfeclipse

Nov 8, 2008
Pendragon9 said:
Execute them all with the electric chair.

I don't care about their rights anymore. Those mob bosses should be murdered in cold blood for what they're doing.

Go on. Gimme a reason why they shouldn't do it.
Most crime bosses don't get directly involved in that stuff but just order it. The trick there is proving they ordered it, if you can't then you can't charge them for it, at least not and win. everyoen and his dog may know it happened but if there no evidence... /me shrugs

Theres also all the appeals they have which it also ususaly costs the state far less to just lock them up for 60 years and the deals that have been cut for going eaiser on them in exchange for helping them get more of them bastards behind bars.

Justice, it can be inconvenient at times but if you don't have it for all you've got it for none.

oh and you NEED to give the prisoners some sort of outlet and reward for not causing shit otherwise you end up with a bunch of bored, high strung, violent people with nothing to look forward too for not trying to kill everyone they see.

Don't know about you but I don't want to be guarding that prison.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Mazty said:
Wait I'm the reason why hummanity is fail, yet your liberal idea of prison is just to ground people who kill other people!?
If you have any comprehensive ability, use it, because in my last post I said why should prisoners get a playstation when "some good honest people do not have one" Prison should be a deterrent. Look the word up and the amount of people who re-offend. Over 50%, meaning that the prison system is failing. You are seriously delusional if you think that you can transform every criminal into a loving, happy flower child. Look at paedophiles - when given a chance, most re offend. Some people are scum and there isn't anything you can do to change them. Try living next to a drug dealing hooker, then telling me that really, deep down inside she's a nice person. Some people are dicks and will do what helps them out the most, regardless of the consequences it has on other people. And why shouldn't they? If they don't believe in god, & aren't fearful of the law, what is stopping them? They need to be afraid of prison.
And prison can always turn into labour camps, so they are actually putting something back into society. How can you say it's fair that a criminal gets a PS, whereas a couple with 2 jobs can barely afford to eat month by month due to taxes and their job situation? You need to rethink your priorities.
The vast majority of those 50% are people who do something incredibly minor during their parole and still get sent back because they did SOMETHING wrong. I wouldn't be suprised if atleast half of that number comes from bad parking/speeding/entering the wrong lane because people didn't have practice driving cars for several years. Not everybody goes to jail for murder or rape. There are the people that got sued into oblivion by record companies for downloading a $5 CD, the people couldn't pay their taxes because they were fired despite trying their hardest, the people who are in jail because there isn't enough room in mental hospitals and must be kept off the streets for their own safety, the people who are homeless and met a cop in a bad mood and lets not forget everybody who's innocent anyway. Do you think it's acceptible to hurt those people just to deter a tiny ammount of muderers who actualy care what happens to them after they got their victim for whatever reason? The biggest problem we have nowadays is re-integration with the general population, alienating them and everybody i mentioned above even further is not going to make them more productive.

jasoncyrus

Sep 11, 2008
Simple solution to this problem. We simply bring back the good old days where criminals had no rights other that 2 meals a day and a cell with a bed, a toilet/sink & a lightbulb.

After all rights were made for LAW ABIDING citizens to protect them from criminals.

Would make prison a hell of a lot less appealling.

El Taco the Rogue

Feb 16, 2009
Onmi said:
Cures Cancer, Plays Games, Plays Blu-Rays and DVDs, Connects to Youtube, Wireless Net and the chance to meet Crime bosses!

What CAN'T the PS3 Do? (Responses with come at a reasonable price shall be met with a fly swatter. a 50 foot tall fly swatter)
It doesnt have a toaster. If it did, Id just sell the rest of my stuff

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
I kinda of like this guys way of doing things http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio.

He may mess up but at least it better then what we got.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Abedeus said:
Because so many governments are fucking retarded, including mine. They give PRISONERS more stuff than hundreds of thousands of people can't have! For what? They should be working off their asses, not spend time playing games, going to gyms (yeah, we need more strong criminals...), USING CELLPHONES and playing basketball! I mean, are they imprisoned, or are they on a vacation?!
Maybe they're not so retarded. If the prisoners are busy in jail playing video games, drinking pina coladas, having conjugals with the warden's daughter and generally being content, they aren't committing any crimes.

Terminalchaos said:
The government should release names of criminals and encourage the general public to grief them online to make their communications get interrupted and their online experience compromised. There are plenty of people that would do that job for the fun of it. If I knew my griefing was ruining the day of a russian mafia boss I'd be happier.
In Soviet Russia, mafia griefs YOU.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Booze Zombie said:
Abedeus said:
Because so many governments are fucking retarded, including mine. They give PRISONERS more stuff than hundreds of thousands of people can't have! For what? They should be working off their asses, not spend time playing games, going to gyms (yeah, we need more strong criminals...), USING CELLPHONES and playing basketball! I mean, are they imprisoned, or are they on a vacation?!
Maybe they're not so retarded. If the prisoners are busy in jail playing video games, drinking pina coladas, having conjugals with the warden's daughter and generally being content, they aren't committing any crimes.
Well then why do you think they are in prison? They did something bad and they have to see that the society doesn't want them, unless they change for better. How is this possible if they are often REWARDED in prison for doing bad things?

That's like grounding a kid, but giving him a new game and a lolly pop for breaking a window on purpose!

stormcaller

Sep 6, 2008
Me: Oh wow I beat someone in SFIV!

Them: Noob, i iz teh don of teh mafiazzz, ima kil u

Me: Yeah sure *BAM*

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Abedeus said:
Well then why do you think they are in prison? They did something bad and they have to see that the society doesn't want them, unless they change for better. How is this possible if they are often REWARDED in prison for doing bad things?

That's like grounding a kid, but giving him a new game and a lolly pop for breaking a window on purpose!
No, it's like locking him in a room for 20 years and chucking him a lollypop every week he does not break the window again.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Booze Zombie said:
Abedeus said:

No, it's like locking him in a room for 20 years and chucking him a lollypop every week he does not break the window again.
That was an analogy.

If he got locked in a prison for 20 years, that means he deserved it. He shouldn't get any lollypops.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Abedeus said:
That was an analogy.

If he got locked in a prison for 20 years, that means he deserved it. He shouldn't get any lollypops.
They're prisoners, they need a selfish reason for being "good". If you reinforce the reform process with "you'll get video games and other nice stuff if you're a good boy" they might just get it and realize being a criminal is just too hard for too little in return.