Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
AxelxGabriel said:
LegendaryGamer0 said:
Secret world leader (shhh) said:
Why is this neccessary? Stylised games like these and Okami defy aging, this collection won't be like the Ico and Shadow of The Colossus collection for example, where you could see a noticable improvement in the framerate and detail from the PS2 original due to their "normal" graphics. The jak and daxter games look fine on PS2 after all these years, why not just throw them onto the PS store for, say, £5 each?
Because the world is obsessed with HD and Sony is pushing 3D in our faces(hurr). And Trophies.

And because getting it all on one disc for a dirt cheap price is hard to beat. :p
Plus, not everyone (Like me) owns the games at all, so this'd be a good way to not only give people who never played it before a discount but save money in buying all 3.
I also fall into that category. :p

w00t

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
This is just so beautiful, and useful because the PS3 game from this series in my collection at this point is three.

With the majority of these HD re releases its like Sony knows just what I want.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
About time.
I got the first and second game on my PS2, but I didn't get very far on either. The addition of Trophies will finally make me able to play them through!

Now gief my Ratchet & Clank HD collection.

Ubermetalhed

Sep 15, 2009
Great news. I'm most excited to play the first one as it arguably is the superior one of the series. Less is often more.

If they do a sequel/prequel whatever I hope it goes back to the simple platforming and leaves out the guns and vehicles.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Unless the controls get heavily tweaked (wich I doubt) I'm gonna give this collection a pass.

I love all three games to death, but the controls have aged fucking badly compared to the phenomenally silky smooth control schemes we have in games today.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
Basically the HD collection I have been waiting for, although the visuals don't look too improved to me, I might not pick this up straight away, as I can still play the PS2 versions any time I want. Also, I would really love if they made a Jak and Daxter HD pack volume 2, that included Jak X, Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier and Daxter, of those 3, I only ever got Daxter and played a little bit of the other 2. I really wish I could play some more of those though.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I will be getting this, I've never played the series at all, but this was the case last year with the Sly Cooper series, and that was one of the best purchases I've made.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
I've got copies of all the PS2 games, I've beaten Jak 2 maybe 10 times, but do you think that'll stop me from buying this? If you think so, ***** you're wrong!

ciancon

Waiting patiently.....
Nov 27, 2009
I may get a low content warning for this but;

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

irequirefood

May 26, 2010
While I have all the games minus Lost Frontier still in working order, this is an instant buy regardless.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
believer258 said:
Casual Shinji said:
Unless the controls get heavily tweaked (wich I doubt) I'm gonna give this collection a pass.

I love all three games to death, but the controls have aged fucking badly compared to the phenomenally silky smooth control schemes we have in games today.
They definitely are not bad at all - on the PS2, they're still as silky smooth and responsive as anything released today. Everything feels great... except the aiming. I hope they tweak it to be like Uncharted, where you push a button and you can aim instead of having Jak auto aim with no strafing. That makes combat awkward at times, often forcing me to stand still and point in the right direction.

Still great games, though.
Yes, but seeing as shooting is the main form of offense in the last two games the bad aiming and sluggish camera can make the games nearly unplayable. A while back I went to replay Jak 3 - admittedly the easiest of the three - and even with all available cheats on it still felt frustrating.

And ofcourse there's the racing sections in Jak 2... The horror,... the horror.

Gungnir_01

Nov 9, 2011
I will buy this no matter what. now we just need rachet and clank and the old spyro games and im happy with remakes.

Iglock

Mar 23, 2009
Don't get me wrong, I LOVED the Jak & Daxter games. But I can't understand why people are so eager to (in my opinion) waste money on a HD port.

I can understand buying a remake, where the game has new content (e.g. Super Mario Bros. Deluxe - awesome game) or maybe even a handheld port of a home console game (e.g. Ocarina of Time 3D).

Although having said that, I've just remembered that you can't actually play PS2 games on the PS3.

I see what you did there Sony.

Apr 28, 2008
Grey Carter said:
Saltyk said:
Grey Carter said:
Saltyk said:
Does this mean we are going to get a true Jak sequel? Please? Pretty please? These were some of the best PS2 games out there. We need another adventure with Jak the badass and Daxter the smart-ass!
I'm still hoping for a Crash Bandicoot game myself. Haven't seen one in more than a decade.
The original Jak and Daxter was a bit of a spiritual successor to Crash Bandicoot. The others not so much. A new Crash game would be great, though. Remember when he was basically the Playstation mascot?
Yeah. I've been replaying the series on the PS3 (they're currently free on PS Plus) and it's amazing how straight forward the first game is. Crash washes up on a beach and boom, you're playing.
Same with the Spyro games, to a lesser extent. Dragons talking on TV, call Gnasty Gnorc ugly, he turns them into statues, free them.

So delightfully simple.
So delightfully simple and fun.

Utrechet

Oct 14, 2010
More than likely if another addition is added to the Jak Collection, it would contain multiplayer.

Imagine, you and 3 friends versus hoards of Lurkers, or a Team Death-match of Lurkers versus Crimson Guards. OH THE ENJOYMENT!
I mainly get this idea from the fact that in Jak 3, I enjoyed role playing as a Crimson-Guard supporter near the waterfront and stand by them while shooting incoming waves of lurkers. It was fun.

Jak definitely has multiplayer potential, which is what games seem to be looking for now-a-days. So all in all, a sequel would be nice. Multiplayer is almost a given and would add some nice new flavor to the game play. However if it's anything like Uncharted Multiplayer... ._.

EDIT~
DaWaffledude said:
Hmm... The graphics don't really look that different. Brighter maybe, but...
And yes, that is what HD usually means. 720p does not really stand out too much anymore. Fun fact: The more you see HD, the more accustomed you become to it. Eventually it all looks the same. So you may notice the brightness up, and some contrast, but there is actually only a few textures they update to make it look shinier and polished.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
I...Must have this! Jak and Daxter was one of the best game series's I've ever played, still play it now and again!