Jak and Daxter in HD

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
What the hell is with these HD collections not looking like they are in HD? I love the Jak and Dexter series, but they look exactly the same.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I always wanted to play the Jak & Daxter series, especially the first one and the third.

This adds up to my pretty big list of must-have titles whenever I get the chance to get a PS3.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
unfortunately the surprisingly good Jak X: Combat Racing and the PSP spinoffs didn't make the cut.
Where did you find a surprisingly good Jak X? The one I played was terribly boring. I'm also not surprised that Daxter and The Lost Frontier didn't make the cut - those will be released in their own collection later, much like God of War Origins collection. Sure, 3 games for less than the price than one is a great deal, but we can't take it too far! Why give 5 games for one purchase when people will buy 3 games now and 2 more games later?

Anyway, hurray I guess. Maybe something to pick up when it goes on sale. I still have Jak 2 and 3 that I can play right now if I wanted to. I don't have the first game, though. I guess it's a toss-up between having to bring out my fat PS3 to play the PS2 copies I have and get a PS2 copy of Jak 1, or just get the collection for convenience. Oh well, plenty of time to decide as there's no way I'll be getting that at launch anyway. February is when Twisted Metal comes out, you see, and that's a NEW Twisted Metal, not an HD collection of old games.

That announce trailer though, that was some great editing. All the perfect clips of Daxter's lines at just the right times. Massive kudos to those who made that.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Reminds me how they murdered Spyro and gave his hide to a circus freak..

This is pretty nice though. Nostalgia=I'll buy it. <3

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Slythernite said:
I absolutely, wholeheartedly, approve of this. Fantastic series.

Spyro The Dragon Trilogy (There aren't any more of them) HD Collection comes next? Please?
THIS! See, I love Jak and Daxter. But much like the Sly Cooper collection, all of its games were available for the PS2, meaning that if you have a backwards compatible PS3, you can also buy them at any store still, even brand new!

However, games like MGS and Spyro, had PS1 releases. So you either have to download them or...well, look really hard for them somewhere!

See, I was okay with HD releases back when it was the underrated Prince of Persia series. Or even MGS because it came with a nice collector's artbook. But...I think these HD collections are getting out of hand. And by the way, there's that Crash Bandicoot collection? If anyone needs an HD collection, it's him, more so than Jak or Sly.

You know I love you, Jak. Nothing personal.

At any rate, it would have been nice to see a Daxter HD version for the PS3. I never got a PSP so I'll never play it (I'm not getting one either!). The Lost Frontier? Uhh...yeah, just Daxter.
...The Lost Frontier sucked big, fat fudge balls compared to the previous Jak games. Just sayin'.

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
Pandaman1911 said:
Saltyk said:
Does this mean we are going to get a true Jak sequel? Please? Pretty please? These were some of the best PS2 games out there. We need another adventure with Jak the badass and Daxter the smart-ass!
But... Sequel to what? The third one pretty much tied up every loose end there was. All the questions answered, all the things resolved.
in a word or rather a name "Mar"

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Slythernite said:

Spyro The Dragon Trilogy (There aren't any more of them) HD Collection comes next? Please?
Yay!!! I missed the first one and never quite finished the second, can't wait for this.

I also loved the original Sypros but I never really gave the "darker" ones a chance, although I did try the one on the Wii, although that one can suck my plums it was so hard.

Also im getting Skylanders for christmas... I know, im a whore.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
I will buy this.
And I will enjoy it...

And I pray that it sells so many copies that Naughty Dog has no choice but continue the story.

ryo02 said:
Pandaman1911 said:
Saltyk said:
Does this mean we are going to get a true Jak sequel? Please? Pretty please? These were some of the best PS2 games out there. We need another adventure with Jak the badass and Daxter the smart-ass!
But... Sequel to what? The third one pretty much tied up every loose end there was. All the questions answered, all the things resolved.
in a word or rather a name "Mar"
THIS!

At the end of Jak 3, we are left with one HELL of a plot hole that needs some serious filling. Both Jak X and Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier completely ignored the fact that, somewhere in the future, Jak will have to go back to a period in the past.

D0WNT0WN

Sep 28, 2008
I never actually bought any of the Jak & Daxter games, I always borrowed them from friends and rented them, that'll soon change.

Also what was the name of the music in the trailer?

Ursus Astrorum

Mar 20, 2008
This is grand. This is really, really grand. First SotC/Ico, then Silent Hill, then Sly Cooper, now this?

If they remaster Okami next, I will die a happy man.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
D0WNT0WN said:
I never actually bought any of the Jak & Daxter games, I always borrowed them from friends and rented them, that'll soon change.

Also what was the name of the music in the trailer?
Alex Metric - In Your Machine [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsiqku1-09c]

jamesbrown

Apr 18, 2011
I own all three here is an run down:
The first was fun turning into boring,with platforming and puzzles with 3d graphics is more fun than it sounds, but just before the end it is repetitive and long, the final boss fight pretty much ties up loose ends in the story.
The second was fun, but in an different way, with an dystopic city as the backdrop; though
they had new gameplay elements,the story is what makes this one good; also alot of loose ends are tied up at the end of this game.
The third was AWFUL, it did not need to be made, the story is completely out of the blue (seriously it takes place in the desert) and the only good parts are the city sections which are few and far between; ON FOOT. Also the story aside from a few continuity stuff about the precursors; that is what the story should be about, but they pretty much brush that to the side esp. the prophet in the beginning. also all those neat new gameplay machanics in the second one is also brushed to the side to make way for CARS. seriously those cars have the handling of a garbage truck on roller blades and are just as much fun. Between the stupid desert town that came out of nowhere, then expected me to sympthize with them three games in without any other mention of it; and the cars and "vehicle" sections that were way too many and given the spotlight while the good gameplay parts were kinda fitted in there because naughty dog felt "well it was in the last game and we can't remake jak AGAIN this time into a car game even though we get anerisms if jak isn't in a car for at least 3/4 of the game so lets show that jak can still shoot a gun just as good as in the last one"
it was awful. I still beleve that the MUCH better jak 2 was the end and Jak 3 was a bad dream from which jak had after meeting the Naughty Dog staff working on Jak 3

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
Slythernite said:

talk to insomniac

also, i cant stop making this highpitched sound of glee