James Cameron Rips Into Piranha 3D

Rogue 9

I, Jedi
Jun 22, 2008
I've seen it, and honestly the 3D in it was terribad. Some bits with boats out on the lake, the layering of perspective was done so awfully that it looked like different parts of the boat were moving in different directions. And at a couple of points for extended periods of time, the bottom left area of the screen was fuzzy. So no, I don't think we need movies like this where the 3D is done in such a slapdash, low quality way.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Cameron is a hack anyway. I mean, I kind of liked Avatar anyway, but I'll freely admit it was a hack production with a hack script ripped from other movies.

Let me just say this: Cameron is not an artist, he is not a visionary and he doesn't know jack about quality. He knows how to sell, and how to get people's emotions. He doesn't know crap about deeper meanings or any of that nonsense. Not anymore, anyhow, and that's if he ever did.

When Cronenburg badmouths Piranha 3D as being some great travesty, I'll believe him.

TehIrishSoap

Aug 18, 2010
I Read Somewhere That They Are Making Yellow Submarine By The Beatles, IN 3-D!
WTF!
Loads Of Films Will Have 3-D In It, Quite Unnecessarily IMO
E.G
Green Lantern

asam92

Oct 26, 2008
Another movie like all the crap movies out there that are either bad horror or bad comedy.
I saw Sports Movie a few weeks ago, OMG the massive joke in the movie that takes the whole movie to tell, ie Something about an ACL Tear to some guy called Aseel Tare ZOMG SO LAME. WTF who thinks this is funny, not only is it NOT FUNNY its predicatable as a dog licking its balls.

Amyway, James Cameron is right to bag this movie, sure I will admit that Avatar wasnt the greatest movie, even though others will say it is, at least it is not a Piece of shit lodged in Cinema history as the first bad 3D movie made.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
Disaster Button said:
I always thought the point of Piranha 3D was to be so bad its good, so ripping on it for reasons like that just seem as though he's completely missing the point.
/th-th-th-thread

Besides, all I got from watching Avatar was a sore bottom.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well, Cameron has same mind set of me on this one - Its just turning it into a gimmick, well, to be honest, its likely all its going to be anyway

ninja_decadeo

Jul 20, 2010
vansau said:
...Several of my friends were extras in the movie, which was filmed on Lake Havasu (near my college campus)...
And so you have to say nice things about the movie because your friends and a location near your campus were involved with the film.

Could we have someone with no personal attachment to this film comment on this :D

L-J-F

Jun 22, 2008
I must see that movie, as soon as I saw that cameron thought it was bad I was like "must watch!!!"

Tipsy Giant

May 10, 2010
without 3d avatar shows itself to be as hollow and disappointing as a kinder egg.
James Cameron hasn't made a good movie since Terminator 2, he can fuck off

AcidLillies

Jan 29, 2010
Am I the only person who can't watch 3D films due to eye sight issues? I mean, I already wear glasses and without them I can't focus my eyes on the picture without pressing my face to the screen, so it just all comes out as one huge 2D mess with migranes all over the place and my eyes feeling like someone's scraped pins through them. And without the crap tastic 3D glasses and with my normal glasses on, the picture is insanely "fuzzy" and has no depth to it without the pixels coming out of contrast and looking like something a Playstation 1 could have rendered.

Not cute.

acosn

Sep 11, 2008
You know, maybe if Cameron made good movies buuuut....

No. He's just sounding bitter / angry / desperate for the hope that 3D movies take off.

Which I don't see happening...

Tipsy Giant

May 10, 2010
Scrumpmonkey said:
At least Piranha 3D has some fun with it. Avatar was a straight faced near self pardoy mess. Unobtainium?...Unobtainium!! You want me to seriously relate to 9" tall blue people whilst your plot is bloated and lazy. "Oh look we have an enviromental message".

No you don't. FUCK YOU James Cameron, Avatar had the depth of a spoony and a plot that was beyond woeful. You sacrified all vestages of storytelling and reasonable plot for spectacle and "Oooooh shiny" moments blended with pretty generic Sci-Fi and design. It wasn't even "Dances with smurfs" it was "Fern gully"
How dare you, Fern Gully was a masterpiece compared to Avatar

Tipsy Giant

May 10, 2010
Mackheath said:
Piranha 3D might have not won the Academy Award for writing or whatever, but at least it was true to itself; bloody, titty-bouncing goofiness.

I also laugh at his quote about Hollywood in Renassaince. That is a crock of utter shit; most things nowadays are badly wrote, badly acted or remakes. Its very rare when a film does not have one of these.
This is my favorite quote of ALL TIME

"Most things nowadays are badly wrote"

LOL

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Well said. James Cameron is a joke these days anyway, to quote myself:
ultimateownage said:
Oh fuck no. I hate James Cameron. Avatar was a shit movie being over hyped and earning way more than a movie should for something that's only selling point is 3d. Not to mention they're bringing it back with 8 extra minutes, just to cash it in further.
/James Cameron rant.