Japan Invents Internet Kissing Machine

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
CrystalShadow said:
PunkRex said:
Yeah because the last time I was drinking a Coke in McDonalds I remember saying "this straws abit full on".

Still, it can only operate one way so you would have to take turns "kissing" (facial swoggling) the other person so this is just completly pointless... as well as stupid.

I mean it could lead to other things I suppose...
jakefongloo said:
This is just gross.
Also kissing is a two way street, from what I understand that instrument only has one input.
Not to mention anyone ever admits to having used one of those is a hopeless reject. I'm sorry dating over Halo or Facebook or WoW is pathetic enough but too then simulate kissing by this shit. Fuck, invent the sex machine part and all the closet shut ins will die out in 1 generation.

Also imagine the people using it. 2 45 year old guys will be going at it thinking the other is a girl. Or a 12 year old boy whichever.
No, look at the devices carefully. Specifically, what happens when he hasn't got one in his mouth, and starts messing with the black one.

It's not an input/output setup - it's two synchronised devices.

Messing with either one makes the other do the same thing.
So, unless one side of it is a pre-recorded motion, and you actually use this with two people, what will actually result is that both devices make a synchronised set of motions that is the combined effect of what both people are doing to their own controller.

That's actually pretty cool, but applying it to a 'kissing' simulator makes the whole thing seem a lot more stupid.

Would it seem quite so perverse if it simulated arm wrestling instead?
Im not denying that, its just when you kiss someone your tongue goes one way, theirs go another. This is like fightning over the same tongue.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
PunkRex said:
CrystalShadow said:
PunkRex said:
Yeah because the last time I was drinking a Coke in McDonalds I remember saying "this straws abit full on".

Still, it can only operate one way so you would have to take turns "kissing" (facial swoggling) the other person so this is just completly pointless... as well as stupid.

jakefongloo said:
This is just gross.
Also kissing is a two way street, from what I understand that instrument only has one input.
Not to mention anyone ever admits to having used one of those is a hopeless reject. I'm sorry dating over Halo or Facebook or WoW is pathetic enough but too then simulate kissing by this shit. Fuck, invent the sex machine part and all the closet shut ins will die out in 1 generation.

Also imagine the people using it. 2 45 year old guys will be going at it thinking the other is a girl. Or a 12 year old boy whichever.
No, look at the devices carefully. Specifically, what happens when he hasn't got one in his mouth, and starts messing with the black one.

So, unless one side of it is a pre-recorded motion, and you actually use this with two people, what will actually result is that both devices make a synchronised set of motions that is the combined effect of what both people are doing to their own controller.

That's actually pretty cool, but applying it to a 'kissing' simulator makes the whole thing seem a lot more stupid.

Im not denying that, its just when you kiss someone your tongue goes one way, theirs go another. This is like fightning over the same tongue.
Lol. To be honest, I hadn't given it much thought in relation to kissing as such. I got more caught up in the mechanics of what was going on with the devices being demonstrated.

Actually, when it comes to kissing (with tongues involved, anyway - this device is completely useless without that notion), you would actually have to measure the tongue position of a person while simulating the effects of the other person's tongue independently.

In that regard, you're absolutely correct, and this makes for a very strange setup for simulating kissing

(Still, it has some merit if taken in different contexts, such as simulating a remote controlled arm... But you'd need to measure that differently altogether.
About the only thing this demonstrates is remote operation of an electric motor by mimicking a second motor.
Useful for force feedback remote operation, but totally silly applied as a 'kissing' simulator.)

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
CrystalShadow said:
PunkRex said:
CrystalShadow said:
PunkRex said:

jakefongloo said:
This is just gross.

Lol. To be honest, I hadn't given it much thought in relation to kissing as such. I got more caught up in the mechanics of what was going on with the devices being demonstrated.

Actually, when it comes to kissing (with tongues involved, anyway - this device is completely useless without that notion), you would actually have to measure the tongue position of a person while simulating the effects of the other person's tongue independently.

In that regard, you're absolutely correct, and this makes for a very strange setup for simulating kissing

(Still, it has some merit if taken in different contexts, such as simulating a remote controlled arm... But you'd need to measure that differently altogether.
About the only thing this demonstrates is remote operation of an electric motor by mimicking a second motor.
Useful for force feedback remote operation, but totally silly applied as a 'kissing' simulator.)

Thats what I was trying to say befooo!

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
PunkRex said:
CrystalShadow said:
PunkRex said:
CrystalShadow said:
PunkRex said:

jakefongloo said:
This is just gross.

Lol. What can I say. I trip over a minor part of what's said by someone, and lose track of the actual point.

Funny really. I supposedly have aspergers, but until recently refused to believe that had any real relevance to anything.
Then I read a list of the supposed effects that has on communicating with other people, and thought: "Holy crap that description is far too close to home to just be arbitrary medical bullshit."

Anyhow... XD

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
CrystalShadow said:
PunkRex said:
CrystalShadow said:
PunkRex said:
CrystalShadow said:
PunkRex said:

jakefongloo said:
This is just gross.

Lol. What can I say. I trip over a minor part of what's said by someone, and lose track of the actual point.

Funny really. I supposedly have aspergers, but until recently refused to believe that had any real relevance to anything.
Then I read a list of the supposed effects that has on communicating with other people, and thought: "Holy crap that description is far too close to home to just be arbitrary medical bullshit."

Anyhow... XD
If it helps I was Dyslexic and supposedly had the early signs of OCD but I grew out of them with tutoring...

Gentleman_Reptile

Jan 25, 2010
So there are people starving to death in other countries and THIS is what we are spending our resources on?

Fuck this entire stupid world.

MaxwellEdison

Sep 30, 2010
I just read through the first page of comments, and I am startled by how few are pointing out that this isn't anything at all like kissing.

Have I been doing it wrong all these years?

Gottesstrafe

Oct 23, 2010
Why... why am I not surprised?

This is the country that considers a lay about, do nothing so the equivalent to a Porsche and made this the substitute to human contact.