Japanese Gamer Beats Demon's Souls in Under an Hour

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Lord_Panzer said:
You'll all forgive my ignorance when I say, after watching those videos, I don't see what all the fuss about this game is about.
It was hyped up as TEH BESTEST AND HARDEST RPG EVAH a while ago and now people are insulted by the fact that somebody treats their holy grail of game design in a different way then them.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
So the majority of the actual "Speed Running" consists of completely skipping entire areas of enemies by rolling?...Looks like one company didn't test their game for move abuse...

aPod

Jan 14, 2010
Kyuubi Fanatic said:
Figures, an asian is good at video games. -_- dude still has WAAAY too much time on his hands :/
Oh Stereotypes, you've done it again.

He might have too much time on his hands, or he is just passionate about gaming and demon souls in general. They probably thought Thomas Edison had too much free time, or the Wright Brothers too. Although I don't think speed runs will bring about anything as ground breaking as a light bulb or air planes.

Does it help create a competitive atmosphere in single player games, it sure does. For that, I thank ye speed runners.

Alex Berry

Oct 9, 2010
What really made Demon's Souls lose it's appeal to me is that given the game's difficult nature, you're expected to know every level inside and out. Every nook and cranny, every spot where an enemy will pop out, everything. I get the most out of a game when I'm playing it for the first time, when I don't know what the next level will have. When you can play an entire level using your mind's eye, (and I know you can) then there's something wrong.
Don't get me wrong, I love Demon's Souls and have played it to death, but after awhile, you just tend to lose that euphoric sense of discovery that games like this have. Ever get 'lost' in a video game? That state of zen where you forget that there's a controller in your hands, and this isn't a game, not anymore; it's an experience. That's what I'm talking about.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
I'll be impressed when he gets 100% completion in under an hour. Now that would be freakin terrifying.