Japanese Pop Star Draws Crowds Despite Being a Hologram

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
is this not like the gorillaz?

I mean the gorillaz are a virtual band and so is this girl.
it is just a bit odd. But i was like that with the gorillaz

w-Jinksy

May 30, 2009
what sad sad waste of technology.

why is it that japan seems to create awesome tech only to waste it on fucking stupid things?

i want a fucking jedi communicator not an anime 14 year old dancing around and singing god damn it.

zombieleprachaun

Jul 13, 2010
Many people have described this as "scary". I personally think a picture of an imaginary teenager singing to be one of the least intimidating concepts imaginable. Technology has a long way to go before it upstages nature on the why-would-anyone-allow-this-to-exist-it-is-simply-not-right front. I do agree that it is weird and that there are better uses of the technology*, but innovation in creative media cannot happen if anything that differs from our view of normal is shot down. The works of Salvadore Dali were also weird, as were the games Earthbound and Psychonauts.

*It must be said that transmission holograms being used in concerts is probably an inprovement over reflection holograms being used to thwart credit card forgers, at least in terms of artistic merit.

clarissa

Nov 18, 2010
ShadowDude112 said:
You see, this is why anime fans are looked down upon on the internet and called faggots. I don't blame the people that call them that. Everyone that was at that concert has not lost their virginity and probably never will. I mean, think about it. They're seeing an anime chick preform live. I hope they know that there's this fictional thing called life and these even more fictional thing called women which are so much more entertaining. Also, for the slow people on this forum, by fictional I mean the things these people choose to ignore.
Maybe you should try changing your avatar before saying something like this.

ShadowDude112

Mar 9, 2009
clarissa said:
ShadowDude112 said:
You see, this is why anime fans are looked down upon on the internet and called faggots. I don't blame the people that call them that. Everyone that was at that concert has not lost their virginity and probably never will. I mean, think about it. They're seeing an anime chick preform live. I hope they know that there's this fictional thing called life and these even more fictional thing called women which are so much more entertaining. Also, for the slow people on this forum, by fictional I mean the things these people choose to ignore.
Because I totally would go to see a hologram of Goku sing a song. That's totally one of my plans first. I don't feel like arguing with every fucking anime fan that took offense to this and gives me really bad fucking comebacks. Why don't you go fuck a girl, or maybe get her number first. Because your one comment obviously states you haven't done that yet. Don't tell me to do that. I am a very social person. I may not have had sex with someone yet since I don't feel like having pre-marital sex but I have damn well gotten a number. You clearly have no idea between having an avatar of a favorite character from a favorite show and actually going to a fucking concert with a hologram of an anime character. Why not use that technology for something useful. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Monkees do this a while back? So, why don't you go out and be social instead of saying a bad fucking comeback to some guy on the internet.

ShadowDude112

Mar 9, 2009
clarissa said:
ShadowDude112 said:
clarissa said:
ShadowDude112 said:

Because I totally would go to see a hologram of Goku sing a song. That's totally one of my plans first. I don't feel like arguing with every fucking anime fan that took offense to this and gives me really bad fucking comebacks. Why don't you go fuck a girl, or maybe get her number first. Because your one comment obviously states you haven't done that yet. Don't tell me to do that. I am a very social person. I may not have had sex with someone yet since I don't feel like having pre-marital sex but I have damn well gotten a number. You clearly have no idea between having an avatar of a favorite character from a favorite show and actually going to a fucking concert with a hologram of an anime character. Why not use that technology for something useful. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Monkees do this a while back? So, why don't you go out and be social instead of saying a bad fucking comeback to some guy on the internet.
tldr
I would assume you wouldn't read this since you're too slow in the head to take the capacity of my argument. Or maybe you think you a "SUPAR EDGEY TROLL YOU GAIZ! LOLOLO!" But really, you're just a douchebag.

ph0b0s123

Jul 7, 2010
The idea that this is a hologram is rubbish. They essentially just projected an image on a pane of glass. Don't get me wrong the effect is good, but we still have a while to go before we get 3D projects which is what I class as holgrams.

clarissa

Nov 18, 2010
ShadowDude112 said:
I would assume you wouldn't read this since you're too slow in the head to take the capacity of my argument. Or maybe you think you a "SUPAR EDGEY TROLL YOU GAIZ! LOLOLO!" But really, you're just a douchebag.
Ok, ok. I did`t want to read what you said. It was rude of me. I`m sorry.
The thing is, you are being prejudist. I can be a douchebag, but you are being prejudist. I does not matter how much douchebag I am, because besides being prejudist, you are being hypocrit.
Don`t talk about what you don`t know. You are still using that avatar, to that means that you really don`t understand anything, speacially about japanese culture. You take a little part of it and applies to everything you think you should apply.
I have not offended you in any way just by making you a question, and you already exploded. That is why I ignored. But if you want attention this much, excuse me, but you seems to be the one who`s missing sth...

So, there are no exceptions! People who like anime does not have a social life. So does people who play games, according to the general thought about games.
Excuse me again, but what are you doing in this forum?

End of conversation.

Bratja

Dec 12, 2010
Nylarathotep said:
Speaking of singing (sort of) clearly at virtually any speed, I'll give you a million dollars if you can sing this accurately;
Don't be so fast to dish out your dollars just yet, http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjEyOTI0NjY0.html around 01:20 in.

ArchAngelKira

Mar 25, 2010
well its new and besides they can't get-drunk,drugged,sex addicted,go to rehab,etc. So I approve

(EDIT) How about they air the cocert in the states and that will diside it

Alandoril

Jul 19, 2010
As others have said before me...it's Japan, are you really that surprised?

Besides, it's a remarkable application of the technology and could pave the way for physically actualised computer interfaces in years to come, at things like public information points, train+bus stations/airports which would free up human workers to take care of the more important tasks.