Japanese Robot Has a Kick!

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
nilcypher said:
Sakamoto says that he will apply what he's learnt from this project, as well as the other robots he has built, to making a full-sized, working Gundam within the next ten years.
Now that is something I'm looking forward to see.

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
If I ever saw that thing late at night, I would probably wet myself.

What IS that thing on it's forehead supposed to be?

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Woem said:
Amnestic said:
Sakamoto says that he will apply what he's learnt from this project, as well as the other robots he has built, to making a full-sized, working Gundam within the next ten years.
You hear that, people of the world? Japan's mechas are coming to fruition and they've set a (albeit vague) deadline.

We're all fucked.
And they will kick our ass in football :(
Fixed =_=

Frankly, having some underpaid robotic competition for the humans can only be a good thing. Have you seen the salaries some footballers get paid for kicking a bit of leather into an outdoor cupboard?

ArchBlade

Pointy Object Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2008
And here I thought building a robot capable of walking on two legs was expensive. The Japanese are doing it left and right.

I refuse to reference Skynet, but we are all totally screwed.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
I loved the music. Totally complements the obviously serious tone this video chooses to take in documenting another great step towards more realistic robotics.

Dr Ampersand

Jun 27, 2009
All he needs to do is attach lasers to the eyes and we're doomed!

On a side note I've always wondered why don't robot creators give their robots a tail for balance? It would help them to walk quicker as any imbalance could probably be corrected mostly by the tail alone.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Amnestic said:
You hear that, people of the world? Japan's mechas are coming to fruition and they've set a (albeit vague) deadline.

We're all fucked.
I know!

And who the hell do we have working on building a Gundam? Wtf are they doing with all that research money!!