Japanese Students Save the World by Studying RPG Textbooks

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Smashing idea!

Also: " The treasure is either a successful career later in life, or a sticker. "
You can't hope for anything more anyway ;)

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
DarkHourPrince said:
That is definitely a way to get kids to pay attention in class. Especially visual learners. My girlfriend is a visual learner and after we started watching a historical parody series together, she's more apt to discuss world events with me because she can put a face to the name of the country. It just helps her to have that visual there for reference. This could greatly benefit those types of learners or those like me, whoa re tactile and learn better by doing.
Can I have a cookie if I guess which historical parody? [sub]My guess is Hetalia...[/sub]

But anyway, to the OP, I've seen posters for these games at one of the schools I work at. They've got a finance one too, aimed at junior high kids. Though they really remind me of any educational games we used to play as a kid. They do liven up the classroom somewhat, but they're not nearly as fun as other games. I'm betting that's how these will be used too. It's nice to see them put in the effort, though.

Thedutchjelle

Mar 31, 2009
Just wait till Korea introduces RTS based education.
You got to solve 10 questions at the same time and making a mistake in one of them will make you fail at the rest.

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Frankly this sounds like a wonderful idea, a combination of education and fun is a great way to induce, well, more education and fun!

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Pegghead said:
That's awesome, maybe if Bioware started making things for the educational system it would be conversation simulators of desperately attempting to explain to the teacher why you didn't do your homework.
And if Bethesda made them you'd have a choice between detention and having it out in PE. It would periodically screw up, however.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
Teachers are encouraged to induce amnesia by hitting students on the head with a log, after which the students will have to solve endless random equations to try to build up enough skill to kill the principal.
I am so going to quote that out of context.

Nunka

Oct 10, 2007
Miumaru said:
There are teachers who embrace fun to learn. The best I ever did in school was 11th grade US history, because of my teacher, who made it fun, and really cared and was over all a great teacher and great person.
Learning about the assembly line was particularly fun and delicious.
(Plus I made a very dirty joke and only he got it and laughed hysterically)
No, that's not what I mean. I've had fun teachers. That's great and all... but I'm talking about RPG-like progression. Add that to a class and it's a recipe for success.