Japan's Nightmarish Robot Mouth Can Sing

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
I love that. Sure, even I can sing better than that thing but it's a start. I wonder how long it will take until we won't be able to tell the difference between a human talking and a robot.

Febel

Jul 16, 2010
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
That thing is too damn creepy.

Outlaw Torn said:
It definately tries harder than a fleshlight.
Eww, dude, just ewww.

Norendithas

Oct 13, 2009
TheBYOBGig said:
Oh please, you could get the same results from playing a sex toy like a trumpet...
True, but this is more like a sex toy playing ITSELF like a trumpet! >.>

Mark D. Stroyer

Apr 12, 2011
So, apparently you can make your robot imitate human functions, but you still can't make it better than a tone-deaf caveman.

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Fronzel said:
If we were "beyond the uncanny valley", our reaction to it would shoot back up to positive. That's why it's the uncanny "valley"; it's a huge dip in the reaction to artificial "life" from simple to complex.

I think we're just getting deeper and deeper into the valley and have yet to begin the ascent out of it.
This, ladies and gentlemen, is how you completely break a metaphor.

TheMadTypist

Sep 8, 2009
What has been seen here shall haunt me into my dreams! The droning, the horrible droning, squeaking with rubbery corruption as it chases me through halls of hydraulic monstrosities! AHHHH!

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
imnotparanoid said:
I hope I'm not the only one who thought they looked more like something else DX
No, you weren't, both myself and this guy got it too :p

Outlaw Torn said:
It definately tries harder than a fleshlight.
That was what you meant, 'cause if not I am going to shut up and walk away now... And I think your Face is the wrong way around, it should be happy XD

This is... too strange, and sounded weird when the mechanical bits moved, I can't see Stephen Hawking getting this thing anytime soon...

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Rex Dark said:
Nightmarish?
It's not that bad.

Maybe they'll replace teachers with robots, so everyone has the same quality of education.
Oh, gods, the image in my head is like something from a dadaist sketch comedy show.

CLASS: Hello, Mr. Robot!
FISH-LIPPED ROBOT: MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHMHHMMHMHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
(FISH-LIPPED ROBOT points at math problem on chalk board, then at a random student.)
STUDENT: Uh... Twenty-six?
FISH-LIPPED ROBOT: MMMMMMMM! HHHHHMHHM!

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
OH DEAR GOD KILL IT WITH FIRE! AND BURN THAT FIRE WITH MORE FIRE! AND BURN THOSE ASHES WITH FIRE!

Man, that is really creepy!

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
I don't care how scientifically advanced it is.

Just get it the fuck away from me.