Jason Statham eyed for lead in Transformers 4

Titan Buttons

Apr 13, 2011
Redem said:
MorsePacific said:
I think it's going to become another Crank and I will absolutely adore it.

Just imagine Jason Statham using giant robots to power a battery keeping his heart beating. I just gave myself chills.
Jason Statham must kill a decepticon every five minute or he will die!
If that was the tag line I'd go see it

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
Hey, no more Michael Bay! Maybe the new director will make the movies ABOUT THE ACTUAL TITLE CHARACTERS! As far as the human characters go, Jason Statham is not the worse that could happen.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Y'know, perhaps the "Transformers being the side characters in their own movie" phenomenon won't be quite so unbearable if we have Bumblebee being driven by the goddamn Transporter.

Bring it, Spielberg.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
I can't help but notice it doesn't say "Optimus Prime eyed for lead in Transformers 4," which means it's going to do the same thing and the Transformers WON'T be the main characters. Again. Why do you even hire Frank Welker if you're not going to use the man??

sunpop

Oct 23, 2008
Why cast a human at all why not leave them as random bits to be thrown around by the robots. Why not make it a beast wars movie starring rat trap and forget humans all together. My favorite option however is to just leave transformers alone and move on and wreck something else that other people care about.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
I'm not seeing it happening. They wrapped up the storyline. Maybe like a beast-wars adaptation, but nothing related tho these 3.

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
Feh. Only if Bay doesn't direct. But he will, they'll make it, and it'll suck.

spartan231490 said:
I'm not seeing it happening. They wrapped up the storyline. Maybe like a beast-wars adaptation, but nothing related tho these 3.
Ooooh, a Beast Wars. Again, without Bay, it could be extremely gnarly.

ExaltedK9

Apr 23, 2009
Why does Jason Statham have to be in everything? Everything he touches either dies, or loses all integrity.

SenorNemo

Mar 14, 2011
*shrugs* I'd probably see it. I wouldn't mind Mr. LaBeouf staying so much as I mind the writer staying and all the editors leaving. Michael Bay may not be Sidney Lumet or Akira Kurosawa, but with a decent writer and some editors to force him to keep the film from getting so needlessly long, we might actually get a decent movie.

Norendithas

Oct 13, 2009
God no.. I love Jason Statham as an actor, but the Transformers movies are already FUBAR. Why do they have to even consider another movie?

Bob the frantic

Sep 5, 2009
Well, if Statham is the new lead, then the amount of car chases will increase by 300%, so at least the Transformers will actually GET USED if this happens.

... Seriously, though, with no Bay and more Sataham, then I'm in for the next one

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
As awesome as this sounds, I can think of a better role for him to play...

C'mon, you know you want it.

azurine

Jan 20, 2011
How low do your standards have to be to think making another one of these is a good idea? People don't like these! They get terrible reviews!

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
King Toasty said:

spartan231490 said:
Bay's said he's done. He did his three, wasn't even happy about that much, and now he plans to stay away from giant robots disguised as vehicles.

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
So... Transporter 10: Something to do with Giant Robots

Basically every Statham movie for the past few years has been a un-offical Transporter sequil, I don't see this one being any different, even if it is Transformers.

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
Cain_Zeros said:
King Toasty said:

spartan231490 said:
Bay's said he's done. He did his three, wasn't even happy about that much, and now he plans to stay away from giant robots disguised as vehicles.
Oh thanks god. He's an alright director, but not for this material. You need a nerd to direct a nerd movie.

Norendithas

Oct 13, 2009
azurine said:
How low do your standards have to be to think making another one of these is a good idea? People don't like these! They get terrible reviews!
*On the phone*
What? You say everyone thought this one was shit, too?! Oh yeah?! Well I'll show 'em shit! *Angreh face*

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
WizardArtist said:
But how would they deal with a guy the size of a planet?
The only way I can figure is if they call in Jason Statham.

...Oh...OH MAN! Yep, this shit just got global.

Get_A_Grip_ said:
So... Transporter 10: Something to do with Giant Robots

Basically every Statham movie for the past few years has been a un-offical Transporter sequil, I don't see this one being any different, even if it is Transformers.
Action heroes play Action heroes.