Jersey Shore has been Cancelled

Acton Hank

Nov 19, 2009
Zhukov said:
One day I really must watch this Jersey Shore thing, if only to see what people keep getting their knickers in a twist about.

All I know is that it's a TV show and apparently the people involved are the scum of the earth... or something.
I doubt it's worse than something like "My Super Sweet 16" but I've never actually watched it either or had any interest whatsoever in doing so.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
King of Asgaard said:
Yeah, you read that right, the show that lowered the collective IQ by a few points is going off the air after the sixth series.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/30/jersey-shore-cancelled-by-mtv
So, what are your thoughts? Are/Were you a fan at some point? Is this a great moment in television, or do you not care?
Personally, while I've never watched it, I've heard and read how incredibly mindless it is, and I'm glad that it's going away.
captcha: just dance
Damn straight!
Never a fan, it did lower people's IQ points, this is a great day for America, its a great day for the world, we've moved one step closer out of the dark ages of the '00s with reality tv, and into the next decade, the sooner these programs come off the air and we get back to quality comedy, drama, action and scifi shows again, the better off we'll all be.

EDIT: But where's the poll?

uncanny474

Jan 20, 2011
DJ_DEnM said:
The only thing related to Jersey Shore that I'd watch is Jersey Shore: Shark Attack.

[image snipped for visual comfort]

Some faith in humanity has been restored.
And it should be immediately un-restored. I've seen the movie. Don't look at me like that! My family has a time-honored tradition of watching terrible movies!

Not one Jersey Shore character gets eaten.

OT: I don't see what everyone's so happy about. By now, it's run its course and done its damage. We're never getting those collective IQ points back, people...

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Yesterday, I kept having this weird feeling that today would really suck somehow.
How wrong I was.
*runs out door, only stopping occasionally to holler, jump and kick my heels together*

Today is a glorious day.

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
King of Asgaard said:
Yeah, you read that right, the show that lowered the collective IQ by a few points is going off the air after the sixth series.
So, what are your thoughts? Are/Were you a fan at some point? Is this a great moment in television, or do you not care?
Personally, while I've never watched it, I've heard and read how incredibly mindless it is, and I'm glad that it's going away.
captcha: just dance
Damn straight!
It took them six series to figure out it was crap?

And captcha is scaring me again 'question mark?'.

Seriously?

Jinjer

Jun 16, 2012
Humanity is not yet completely lost after all! Though it's sad that it took them 6 seasons to cancel it. And that there's spinoffs. So yeah.

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
uncanny474 said:
DJ_DEnM said:
The only thing related to Jersey Shore that I'd watch is Jersey Shore: Shark Attack.

[image snipped for visual comfort]

Some faith in humanity has been restored.
And it should be immediately un-restored. I've seen the movie. Don't look at me like that! My family has a time-honored tradition of watching terrible movies!

Not one Jersey Shore character gets eaten.

OT: I don't see what everyone's so happy about. By now, it's run its course and done its damage. We're never getting those collective IQ points back, people...
They don't? Aw. I guess my faith is un-restored.

Nov 28, 2007
Jinjer said:
Humanity is not yet completely lost after all! Though it's sad that it took them 6 seasons to cancel it. And that there's spinoffs. So yeah.
Exactly. Until the spinoffs go, we will not be cleansed. Next target: Snooki. Can't have a show with a bullet through her head...wait, that won't do anything except let out the air.

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
King of Asgaard said:
So, what are your thoughts?
My thoughts?

Only had to see this show once to know how much of a vapid worthless piece of crap that show was. I'm undeniably glad that this show no longer blights the landscape.

Unfortunately though it will be replaced with another one of it's ilk....

Honestly, how do people come up with this stuff?!?!?

RonHiler

Sep 16, 2004
What the hell happened to MTV? They used to play music. They used to be the station to watch. I was in love with Martha Quinn when I was a kid. What happened? It's like they were taken over by aliens or something. Jersey Shore? 16 and Pregnant? What the f*** is this crap? Where's the music???

Kitsune Hunter

What a beautiful Duwang!
Dec 18, 2011
WUNDERBAR!!!!!! now if only Geordie Shore, 16 and Pregnant, Teen Mom and all this other reality tv bullshit MTV keeps crapping out gets cancelled, maybe my faith in humanity will be restored

Maeta

Jun 8, 2011
Froggy Slayer said:
EVERYBODY WHO POSTS IN THIS THREAD IS INVITED TO THE IMAGINARY PARTY AT MY PLACE, IN MY IMAGINARY PRIVATE CRUISE SHIP. CELEBRATIONS AND GOOD TIMES ARE TO BE HAD.
Should we bring an imaginary bottle?

OT: Hopefully this being canned will lead to all the British rip-offs going, and less adverts for them when I watch South Park on VIVA, or idiots talking about how they love TOWIE... I've lived in Essex most of my life, and it really isn't like what I've gathered from the gossip and adverts I've failed to avoide.

TheFederation

Mar 29, 2011
jersey shores is like a hydra, the fact that we're talking about it proves it will take a while to properly die. THEN i'll celebrate

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Looking forward to all the terrible movies Snookie and The Situation will get cameo roles for.

JochemHippie

Trippin' balls man.
Jan 9, 2012
All I remember is a guy with make-up who didn't knew that oral could give you STD's

That told me more then enough about the series.