Jersey Shore has been Cancelled

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Yeah, you read that right, the show that lowered the collective IQ by a few points is going off the air after the sixth series.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/30/jersey-shore-cancelled-by-mtv
So, what are your thoughts? Are/Were you a fan at some point? Is this a great moment in television, or do you not care?
Personally, while I've never watched it, I've heard and read how incredibly mindless it is, and I'm glad that it's going away.
captcha: just dance
Damn straight!

Crazy

Oct 4, 2011
I tried watching it once, and right after the intro some short lady was yelling into the kitchen. So I moved on and forgot it still exists. Therefor, I do not care.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I didn't even realize it was still on the air. Good riddance.

Generalissimo

Your Commander-in-Chief
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
UK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeNNfS0ZTnU

GOODBYE, JERSEY SHOOOOOOORE. :D

anyway, i'm glad to see it go. good riddance.

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
EVERYBODY WHO POSTS IN THIS THREAD IS INVITED TO THE IMAGINARY PARTY AT MY PLACE, IN MY IMAGINARY PRIVATE CRUISE SHIP. CELEBRATIONS AND GOOD TIMES ARE TO BE HAD.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
There is a God! Now all that's left is the dozens of clones to deal with.

Froggy Slayer said:
EVERYBODY WHO POSTS IN THIS THREAD IS INVITED TO THE IMAGINARY PARTY AT MY PLACE, IN MY IMAGINARY PRIVATE CRUISE SHIP. CELEBRATIONS AND GOOD TIMES ARE TO BE HAD.
I'll bring the music

sinsfire

Nov 17, 2009
King of Asgaard said:
sinsfire said:
Watch it, pal.
While I agree with your outburst of joy, the mods'll crack down on low-content posts.
Thanks for the heads up. To be fair, my 5 second comment contributed more to this thread then Jersey Shore did to the collective society in its 5 (soon to be 6) season run :)

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
Farewell Jersey Shore. May you set an example for the rest of your state by sliding straight into the ocean.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010

And lo the battle was won.
Many casualties were felt from both sides of the front but with this small victory came a beacon of hope. A beacon that told us that our struggles have not been on vain and that this war for decent television could still be won.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
One day I really must watch this Jersey Shore thing, if only to see what people keep getting their knickers in a twist about.

All I know is that it's a TV show and apparently the people involved are the scum of the earth... or something.

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
Hopefully this is the beginning of the end for all of these fucking awful reality shows that only serve to drain the intelligence and drive away from society.

If Geordie Shore or The Only Way is Essex are canceled before the end of the year, I will dance in my underwear through the streets singing with the same kind of joy that a mother has when witnessing her infant child for the first time. Probably more joy, to be honest.

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
Froggy Slayer said:
I'll bring the imaginary dip and tacos!

Yes, I will continue to use that gif until I die.

I know there are many other reality shows, but perhaps this is the beginning of the end of reality tv! :D

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
The only thing related to Jersey Shore that I'd watch is Jersey Shore: Shark Attack.

Some faith in humanity has been restored.

Spade Lead

Nov 9, 2009
Froggy Slayer said:
Hopefully this is the beginning of the end for all of these fucking awful reality shows that only serve to drain the intelligence and drive away from society.

If Geordie Shore or The Only Way is Essex are canceled before the end of the year, I will dance in my underwear through the streets singing with the same kind of joy that a mother has when witnessing her infant child for the first time. Probably more joy, to be honest.
Actually, New Jersey is our country's Asshole, so, I guess they are just shit-people. Really, they are proud of their stupidity and think it makes them cool. Also, has anyone else noticed that TLC has become haven for the shittiest low-brow reality shows? Inappropriately named "Toddlers & Tiaras," it should be Toddlers IN Tiaras, is about neither gorgeous women in tiaras, nor their children, but beauty obsessed control-freak mothers and their satan-spawn, the worst offender of this is the new one "Here comes Honey-Boo-Boo" or whatever variation thereof they used. It is about a fat girl who lives with her insanely obese mother, who constantly enters her daughter in beauty pageants that she never wins. Also, did I mention fat rednecks? Because the whole family is that. Then there is the whole reason for this rant, "Cake Boss," who is the same fuckin' "Hoboken is the greatest city on Earth, in New Jersey, the greatest state in the universe!" ass-hat that made Snooki and her ilk famous, only with less sexy, and more lumpy old-guy with a hot wife who bakes cakes for a living. What the fuck.

You know what IS a great reality show? "Gene Simmons' Family Jewels!" He is an amazing father, he loves his kids and his wife (Yeah, they finally got married!) and he constantly goes out of his way to spend time with them and be a great father! But I bet none of you has heard of it, because the shit like Jersey Shore is polluting the landscape making great TV impossible to find. Netflix has the first half-dozen seasons available, and you should really watch it, because he is hilarious.