Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
Kenbo Slice said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Kenbo Slice said:
Samtemdo8 said:
thebobmaster said:
From what I've heard, one of the big issues with the new DC Cinematic Universe is the fact that it is too serious. With that in mind, I am not comforted by this.
Good, let it be serious. I don't want DC to be all immature and non-sensicle and "humorous" like Marvel's as of late.
Being serious doesn't mean it can't be fun. DC's films don't look very fun.
I had my fun with Man of Steel. The action scenes were awesome, and I like the performances of some of the character like Michael Shannon's Zod.

And judging from the Trailers of Batman v Superman it looks to be quite the spectical.
It just looks more like grimdark bs. They've essentially made Superman and Batman the same character, sacrificing any dynamic they had in the comics to make it "cooler and edgier."
I find it wrong to call Superman grimdark. The problem with him in Man of Steel is that he had very few things to say which I am hoping the next movie will make him speak and act more often.

And besides its too early to judge. And isn't that a bit too much to say that they made them both into the same character? Batman would not go as far as to face trial for anything mistake he made like Superman. He would just dissappear.
Same character as in dark, brooding, mopey, angry.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Still do not see current Superman as Dark, Brooding, Mopey, and Angry.

This guy is Dark, Mopey, Brooding, and Angry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSfal0hyBL0

Phil the Nervous

Jun 1, 2014
EyeReaper said:

better put on your business socks because it's Serious business time.

You know, cuz everyone likes for the Supervillain to be supr srs and not have fun, just look at the Joker, uhh, I mean Loki... no, wait give me a minute I'll think of something

That's not Lex, That's Flash in Lex's body.
Which is still awesome buuuut... I think you're looking for this:

(I know the criteria is *technically* a serious Luthour but... where's the fun in that?)

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
You know what makes me unable to take this Lex Luthor seriously? That it's played by Mr.One Note Jesse stammery fast talky Eisenberg.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
Phil the Nervous said:
Man of Snip
Yeah, I should've known someone was going to say it. Although that isn't actually LUthor, it still is something that would never happen to a very, very oh so serious serious character, which is basically what I was getting at.

I've never seen Luthor as a serious character. He's a super CEO businessman/Villain/Sometimes President, who not only has a schedule for fighting Superman while running a multibillion dollar company, but also somehow keeps the mass populace from knowing that he regularly fights the world's savior every weekend or so. My suspension of disbelief is strained every step he takes.

Phil the Nervous

Jun 1, 2014
EyeReaper said:
Phil the Nervous said:
Man of Snip
Yeah, I should've known someone was going to say it. Although that isn't actually LUthor, it still is something that would never happen to a very, very oh so serious serious character, which is basically what I was getting at.

I've never seen Luthor as a serious character. He's a super CEO businessman/Villain/Sometimes President, who not only has a schedule for fighting Superman while running a multibillion dollar company, but also somehow keeps the mass populace from knowing that he regularly fights the world's savior every weekend or so. My suspension of disbelief is strained every step he takes.
That makes perfect sense! And yeah, the intelligence of the average civilian in DC does seem to take a dive where superheroics are concerned. I always assumed someone put something in the water.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Souplex said:
He says he won't be a cartoon, but DCAU LL was quite frankly amazing.
Don't be so quick to distance yourself.
That's not what he meant by "cartoonish". He meant his Luthor won't be so comical like the previous movie versions.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Kenbo Slice said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Kenbo Slice said:
Samtemdo8 said:
thebobmaster said:
From what I've heard, one of the big issues with the new DC Cinematic Universe is the fact that it is too serious. With that in mind, I am not comforted by this.
Good, let it be serious. I don't want DC to be all immature and non-sensicle and "humorous" like Marvel's as of late.
I had my fun with Man of Steel. The action scenes were awesome, and I like the performances of some of the character like Michael Shannon's Zod.

And judging from the Trailers of Batman v Superman it looks to be quite the spectical.

It just looks more like grimdark bs. They've essentially made Superman and Batman the same character, sacrificing any dynamic they had in the comics to make it "cooler and edgier."
How are they the same character? Clark still has superpowers, still has a day job, still has one living parent, still has a girlfriend etc.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Agent_Z said:
Kenbo Slice said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Kenbo Slice said:
Samtemdo8 said:
thebobmaster said:

How are they the same character? Clark still has superpowers, still has a day job, still has one living parent, still has a girlfriend etc.
Superman is dark, brooding, mopey, and angry now. Who else is all those things? Batman.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Callate said:
But people are still going to make jokes about Aquaman when the movie is over. Because Aquaman has a long and often ridiculous/pathetic history that precedes your interpretation.

And also, he's a superhero who talks to fish.

Current Aquaman is a bit of a badass I'll say.