Jewel Staite Offers Alternate Firefly Ending

BloodSquirrel

Jun 23, 2008
zombie711 said:
BloodSquirrel said:
zombie711 said:
still not 100% convinced that they did all they could to get this show on the air again i mean when it was canned by fox scifi would have probably been open to the show it was not a mega budget show by any means, farscape was nearing the end of its run, nm the really bad movie that followed. firefly would have been a perfect fit for scifi and would have garnered an audience out that channels viewers.
You're underestimating the difficulty in getting a canceled show picked up by another network. It happened to a handful of shows, most of which were far more successful in their original run than Firefly.

Whedon's gambit to keep Firefly alive was the movie. It didn't do well enough to justify anybody trying to continue the franchise.
did you just rewrite my entire quote to have a conversation with yourself?
Huh... weird. I quoted somebody else, and it put your name in.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
Fusionxl said:
I sadly haven't seen Firefly, but I loved Jewel State in Stargate Atlantis so I just found another reason to check it out. Not that I really needed one :p
I was thinking this exact same thing. Great minds!

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
Grey_Focks said:
Tom Goldman said:
Oh, and there's a comic series or something. Never been big on comics....but the movie was good.
I read the first one, which covered the story between the series and the movie, and I found the story rushed and disjointed.

Varrdy

Feb 25, 2010
zombie711 said:
I will never understand why people were so obsesed with this show
Because it dared to break the mould? Because it was funny? Because it had a captain that didn't have a Starfleet stick so far up his arse it poked all the hair off his head?

Star Trek was shite because it was everything Firefly wasn't. ST was too clean, clinical, safe and so devoid of any trace of believeability it made my teeth hurt. Firefly was a much more realistic portrayal of how life on the next great frontier would pan out.

Yes, you read that right - I said Star Trek was crap!

Wardy
PS Except for Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan, obviously!

clicketycrack

Apr 6, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Gonna get shot here...I know it...

[sub]I didn't really like Firefly - sorry[/sub]

[small]Ok, Christina Hendricks was lush but the rest, meh[/small]
seconded

I watched the majority of the first season and it just didn't do anything for me.

nonl33t m4st3r

Oct 31, 2009

Heresy! *BLAM!* ;-)

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
mythgraven said:
Firefly had one, epic season.
The View is on its... 14th season.

There Is No God.

Whiskey Echo!!
Mythgraven
http://indianinthemachine.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/where-is-your-god-now.jpg

Anyways, I'm not a massive sci-fi fan, so I've never seen Firefly.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
I didn't like it at first but ti was due to the story being random and annoying, once on DVD it all made sense.
Pariahwulfen said:
Kavonde said:
Yeah, last time there was mention of Firefly in a news post, there turned out to be a surprising amount of people with absolutely no taste in entertainment.
:p I have quite a good taste in entertainment, but most of Firefly (especially Serenity) I'd seen before. And I'm sort of bored of Joss Wheedon's Ninja Hookers.

Not saying it was a bad show, just that it wasn't as marvellous as some people might think.
It's not that the show was awesomely epic, it's that it had potential and never really given the chance it deserved. I happen to fall into the category of people who were intrigued when it came out, never got to see an actual episode and forgot about it until I saw the DVDs cheap some place. I actually rank it up there with Babylon 5 as far as sci-fi goes. On a side note, it really is too bad that like Firefly, none of the B5 spinoffs either really took off or were given a chance.
Some of them were pretty bad...... its hard to do a spin off that sticks.

mr_rubino

Sep 19, 2010
I wonder if this counts as canon now... Perhaps it's like a Star Wars thing: Some canons are more canon than other canons.

stonethered

Mar 3, 2009
Other than the Jayne bit, that all sounds perfectly in line with where the series probably would have gone. I bet it would have been awesome.

*sigh*
If only...

gsf1200

Oct 22, 2008
I liked Firefly and the movie was good. Another series I liked a lot was "Dead like Me." It was canceled, then they made a movie that was utter crap. So be happy that at least the movie was good!

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
*sigh* Kaylee, my first character crush....

*ahem*

Well, that sounds pretty freakin' awesome. Like, a lot. A pregnant Jayne? River with her ship, and Jayne thinks she's the best captain ever? Good gods I can't imagine how badass she'd be.
Icehearted said:
I stopped at Jayne is pregnant.... She's so adorable, and I cherish the series, but the thought of that man being with child... my face just hasn't stopped twitching yet...
I know! Fantastic isn't it? I swear he'd have such a Big Daddy - Hit Girl relationship with him/her after birth.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008

TROLL!

We are no longer friends. </3

OT: I'm of the opinion that we need to leave Firefly alone. Yes, it was horrible that Fox decided that money was more important and they axed a show that had so much potential, but Serenity tied up all the loose ends. If someone made a Next Gen Firefly, it would probably ruin it. And this would make me angry panda.