Jezebel writer upset at no Chun-Li in Mortal Kombat trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Im not contesting they were wrong. I have multiple times laid out that they tried and failed to make a pop culture reference joke.

Im pointing out the questionable intent of one of the local right wing trolls linking to jezebel claiming the writer "was upset" about a thing which was ultimately a gaffe on their end. Very important that that presentation does not match the tone of the linked article at all.
Hey, buddy, it's okay. We know you don't play video games. We know you can't tell your Cammys from your Kitanas. I'm sorry you got dunked on for literally being the only person overreacting to this thread. Just take a deep breath and calm down, and let's all just post about silly mashups. You just use whatever characters from whatever media you do consume. Here, I'll demonstrate:

"I hope Thor shows up in the next Batman movie!"

See? It's fun! Now you try!

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
🙄

HAHAHA LOOK AT THEM WOMMINZ FROM THE FEMINIST SITE GETTING UPSET A CHARACTER WHO ISNT EVEN IN THE SERIES IS MISSING, RIGHT BROS? HAHAHA, FUCKING POSERS. REMEMBER THE LAST TIME SOME CHICK DID THIS? LET ME REFRESH YOUR MEMORY BRO. WHAT A LAUGH RIOT.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
🙄

HAHAHA LOOK AT THEM WOMMINZ FROM THE FEMINIST SITE GETTING UPSET A CHARACTER WHO ISNT EVEN IN THE SERIES IS MISSING, RIGHT BROS? HAHAHA, FUCKING POSERS. REMEMBER THE LAST TIME SOME CHICK DID THIS? LET ME REFRESH YOUR MEMORY BRO. WHAT A LAUGH RIOT.
Your the only on bring up Gender at all here..........Are you ok?

No-one is saying what seem to think they are............

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Looks at thread...

Well, so much for having a bit of a laugh.

But fine, if you want to bring politics into it, I don't buy the idea that the left gets special treatment when saying something stupid, as opposed to the right.

The right has had their moments of idiocy when it comes to games, ranging from the "Satanic panic" of DnD, to Fox News stating that Mass Effect was simply about a man having sex with as many women as he could. It's a stupid statement. So when people think that Chun-Li is a MK character, laugh by all means. If it's coming from a left-wing site, it doesn't get special immunity.

Me personally, it's a little idiosyncracy, and not even a big one - this very site had an op-ed that Gears 5 was a "celebration of genocide" for instance, a claim that got me to sign up for a Disquss account because I simply had to respond to such a claim. But have a laugh by all means.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
I don't think she deverses special treatment. She made a mistake and it was dumb. I think a right winger misrepresented the article, then chucking in an anecdote about the last female who failed at gaming references speaks to dodgy intent in sharing the story "for a laugh".

Status
Not open for further replies.