Jilted Gamer Sells the Ring and Buys Halo Armor Instead

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
The_Blue_Rider said:
The article doesnt say anything about the woman cheating, so why is everyone jumping to that conclusion without evidence?

This thing happens in relationships, and as much as it hurts it doesnt make someone a cheating *****.
Most likely due to common or garden sexism. She has every right to decide who she wants to be with, whether or not he buys a ring.

Like those big public proposals people sometimes post on Youtube, you have dozens or hundreds of total strangers around, all wanting her to say yes, and who'd be upset if she said no, based on nothing whatsoever. They've no idea who she is, but they'd be willing to judge her based on a yes or no question like that.

Either that or anyone who buys HALO armour is a great guy that nobody should be allowed to turn down, which isn't quite the same, but close.

Darkmantle

Oct 30, 2011
neonsword13-ops said:
DVS BSTrD said:
A REAL Halo fan would have known, rings only cause trouble.
Bad pun is bad...

But seriously, Master Cheif armor?

Can his next fiance dress up as The Arbiter?
NO! SHES GOING TO DRESS UP AS CORTANA AND WE ARE GOING TO FLY AWAY IN A SPACE SHIP

In all seriousness though, that armour is badass

thaluikhain said:
The_Blue_Rider said:
The article doesnt say anything about the woman cheating, so why is everyone jumping to that conclusion without evidence?

This thing happens in relationships, and as much as it hurts it doesnt make someone a cheating *****.
Most likely due to common or garden sexism. She has every right to decide who she wants to be with, whether or not he buys a ring.

Like those big public proposals people sometimes post on Youtube, you have dozens or hundreds of total strangers around, all wanting her to say yes, and who'd be upset if she said no, based on nothing whatsoever. They've no idea who she is, but they'd be willing to judge her based on a yes or no question like that.

Either that or anyone who buys HALO armour is a great guy that nobody should be allowed to turn down, which isn't quite the same, but close.
DO you seriously believe that if I guy pulled this stunt everyone would be okay with it? It's not sexist if it happens to both sexes.

Fox242

El Zorro Cauto
Nov 9, 2009
That rock must have been worth a good chunk of change. By the way, that woman sounds like a total *****. At least he put that ring to good use...I guess.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Darkmantle said:
DO you seriously believe that if I guy pulled this stunt everyone would be okay with it? It's not sexist if it happens to both sexes.
If a guy decided he didn't want to marry woman A, and thought he'd be happier with woman B?

Of course people should be ok with it. You are under no obligation to feel that whoever you have been with in the past is your One True Love and you must stay with them forever.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
The_Blue_Rider said:

Although his way of getting over a girl is vastly superior to mine. (Listening to sad music and punching walls if you must know)
About to say the same thing. It's always sad to part ways with someone you care deeply about, but just because he was planning a future with her doesn't mean he owned her, or that she owed it to him at the expense of her own wants and needs. It obviously crushed him, and I'm not being dismissive in saying this, but that's just reality; when one person is attached and the other wants to move on, there's usually not a pretty way to go about it. It's still her life to live as she sees fit, and if that means going off and trying to have a better shot at fulfillment with someone else, I don't see how that makes her a heartless succubus. I hope they both find happiness on their respective paths.

And for what it's worth, yeah, that armor is totally bitchin'.

Darkmantle

Oct 30, 2011
thaluikhain said:
Darkmantle said:
If a guy decided he didn't want to marry woman A, and thought he'd be happier with woman B?

Of course people should be ok with it. You are under no obligation to feel that whoever you have been with in the past is your One True Love and you must stay with them forever.
really though? the story is tragic not because the other person decided they were going to leave. It's tragic because he was literately going to propose to her shortly. He had the ring in his pocket. And her leaving seems like it was a rather sudden thing, which usually means that her leaving wasn't for any good reason. people don't just change their minds for no reason.

What if a guy bailed out shortly before his wedding day? would you be okay with that? I mean, he just changed his mind and decided to be with someone else right?

Darkmantle

Oct 30, 2011
SODAssault said:
The_Blue_Rider said:

Although his way of getting over a girl is vastly superior to mine. (Listening to sad music and punching walls if you must know)
About to say the same thing. It's always sad to part ways with someone you care deeply about, but just because he was planning a future with her doesn't mean he owned her, or that she owed it to him at the expense of her own wants and needs. It obviously crushed him, and I'm not being dismissive in saying this, but that's just reality; when one person is attached and the other wants to move on, there's usually not a pretty way to go about it. It's still her life to live as she sees fit, and if that means going off and trying to have a better shot at fulfillment with someone else, I don't see how that makes her a heartless succubus. I hope they both find happiness on their respective paths.

And for what it's worth, yeah, that armor is totally bitchin'.
ha, sorry to double post, but here's a quote from the source article

""There are few sentences in the English language that can be as painful as the phrase ?I?ve met someone else.? Here are a few of them:
?I?m seeing someone else.?
?I?m in love with someone else.?
?I?m nailing the hell out this tool I met in karate class and while we?ve been driving in my car, you and I have been listening to the terrible mix CD he made me and now you?ll never be able to hear Alkaline Trio without wanting to fucking kill yourself.?""

this at least heavily implies that she was cheating on him.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Darkmantle said:
really though? the story is tragic not because the other person decided they were going to leave. It's tragic because he was literately going to propose to her shortly. He had the ring in his pocket. And her leaving seems like it was a rather sudden thing, which usually means that her leaving wasn't for any good reason. people don't just change their minds for no reason.
Based on what? A few lines in an Escapist article? Yes, she might be an evil puppy murderer for all we know. Or she might not. There's nothing to say either way, but people have decided she's a terrible person.

"In his pocket", though, I daresay is hyperbole, but it doesn't really matter if it isn't.

Darkmantle said:
What if a guy bailed out shortly before his wedding day? would you be okay with that? I mean, he just changed his mind and decided to be with someone else right?
Oh, FFS, a man who is about to marry someone has made a little bit more of a commitment than a woman who was about to be asked to be married. That's sorta why it's traditional to ask someone if they'll marry you and wait for a response, not just tell them you are going to.

Darkmantle

Oct 30, 2011
thaluikhain said:
Darkmantle said:
Based on what? A few lines in an Escapist article? Yes, she might be an evil puppy murderer for all we know. Or she might not. There's nothing to say either way, but people have decided she's a terrible person.

"In his pocket", though, I daresay is hyperbole, but it doesn't really matter if it isn't.

Darkmantle said:
Oh, FFS, a man who is about to marry someone has made a little bit more of a commitment than a woman who was about to be asked to be married. That's sorta why it's traditional to ask someone if they'll marry you and wait for a response, not just tell them you are going to.
according to the original article, she only told him after she was banging someone else. So... She was cheating on him, and he had no idea... that's kind of tragic.

EDIT: if you do have feelings for someone else, the correct thing to do is break it off before it gets anywhere near the physical stage. If you are dating someone, then you are in a temporary commitment to that person, a commitment that can be nullified at anytime, but still a commitment. she should have told him the moment things got serious between her and who ever else, preferably before the actual "seeing" began.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Deviate said:
It occurs to me that it is rather unsurprising that she left the kind of guy who'd blow this much money on something like -that-.
He saved up for a ring that would buy that, throwing together meager earning to to get it, and she's cheats and bails?

It's like siding with the ebola virus against the West Kenyans.
Best (if also most hyperbolic) analogy ever!

Srs bzns

Feb 4, 2011
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
DVS BSTrD said:
A REAL Halo fan would have known rings only cause trouble.
Very true. What sort of Halo fan would want to enter the covenant of marriage?
Don't make a forum a pun... If you know you can't keep your dignity...

I mean really guys? Come on.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
A REAL Halo fan would have known rings only cause trouble.
Your going to hell for that...

And so am i for laughing xD

OT: Awesome!...i want my own Spartan Armour :(

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
I believe in humanity just a little bit more now :)
Honestly, that's brilliant. Few things can equal the pain of such a colossal betrayal.

I'm glad he managed to find himself again and heal- one section of the armour a time.

They had the technology- but he rebuilt himself.

My hat goes off to the guy.

LessThanThreep

May 15, 2011
I can not think of a better way to recover. There are plenty of girls(including myself) that would go for a guy in mjolnir.