Jim and Yahtzee Join Forces in Rhymedown Spectacular

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
Oh. My. God.

This is already my new favorite show on the internet. Best idea. Ever. Yahtzee's poem was so clever, and Jim's was pretty awesome, too.

Rainforce

Apr 20, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
I could not figure out Yahtzee's rhyme scheme for the life of me. But I was hypnotized by the look in his eyes.
A: I went into a dealership to buy myself a car
B: and a wholesome looking salesman came to greet me at the door
A: I said I'd like a car that wouldn't have to travel far
B: just a basic sort of vehicle, twenty thousand, maybe more

sadly, you'll lose track QUICKLY considering the length of each section

captcha: "sacred cow"
what.

V3rtig0

Mar 3, 2012
Since everyone is doing their "Yahtzee looks like X" things, I'll add mine:
I'm definitely seeing a bit of Gordon Freeman:

vs

No?

eNTi

Sep 8, 2007
nice. well written and straight to the point.

i tell you another story. the story of who's to blame for this mess:

VALVE!!!

yes they are (probably) the least evil of them all, but still they pave the ground for more and more restrictive copycats. first the consumer gets adjusted to how steam limits his rights and then it's not so far off go even deeper down the rabbit hole. it's the entry drug if you will and people are happy to swallow the shit for some convenience. convenience i never asked for and i hated from the starte because all of a sudden i had to run a service to play counter strike that needed more resources on my machine, than the fucking game itself. people will get more and more used to that kind of treatment. i'm must glad there are some people with actual values and principles... you can clearly see this fight going on around shadowrun returns. at least they honor your refund requests, but they fucked over people good... and many don't care, or even realized that.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
The words I'd need to express my love for this idea. So beautiful they should've sent a poet.

Luckily they sent two :D

Quijiboh

Mar 24, 2011
Rhyme is by no means the sum total of poetry. See the work of pretty much anyone who makes/made their living as a poet.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
You know it?s funny how just the other day due to Roger Eberts death I went and watched a bunch of videos of he and Gene Siskel reviewing and getting into their passionate disputes about what they thought about movies and this thought popped up in my head. You know who would be perfect to pull off a show like that about video games...I think it's obvious what answe I came to.

Of course though I then had a little chuckle and said "hah that could never happen because they couldn't be in the same room with each other. What would they do? just exchange words through video feeds?" heh and now look where we are. granted this isn't the show I had in mind but...I'll take it!

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
"what's this?" I had wondered, scratching my beard.
It seems there's new content from my heroes, revered!

But a rhyming format, surely they jest?
Yet in mere minutes my qualms laid to rest!

So while some might soon claim that this was a bore,
believe when I say: we do want more!

Anathrax

Jan 14, 2013
Yahtzee looks... different.

What the heck happened?
WHERE'S THE HAT?
*Ahem*

I like how Yahtzee wasn't rhyming in the traditional 1-2-1-2 fashion, which is why he wins this one in my opinion.

Musette

Pacifist Percussionist
Apr 19, 2010
Holy crap, I just.... can't.. it's too fantastic!

Yahtzee really has a way with prose from what I've seen, both in terms of the writing and the delivery. Jim definitely had a different, if simpler and more straightforward style, which makes the two poems contrast each other nicely! I'm definitely excited for more!

Clovus

Mar 3, 2011
I pretty much thought Yahtzee clinched the win before Jim even began. He stayed on one topic, the rhyme scheme was better, and, yeah, metaphor. It just seemed like Jim threw together a few random thoughts on a somewhat similar topic with the lyrical complexity of a pop-country song.

I'm no lit major, but didn't Yahtzee's poem flow better? Jim's sounded like something you'd write in 1st grade. It was still funny though, so bring on some more!

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
BushMonstar said:
I just started cracking up at the PS4 Metaphor part. That was brilliant, Yahtzee. Really looking forward to seeing more of this series.
I dug that too. I've often compared my ps3 to a fancy sportscar that wont go past 3rd gear. It is a well built machine, it's just been sandbagged by uninspired firmware and crappy ports.

This was actually pretty funny (I thought it was still April Fools at first) but I'm wondering what made Susan and Justin think "hey Jim and Ben should have like an open mic night."

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
I don't understand why everything has to be "who beat whom". They both did well so we all come out as winners, don't we?

AlbertoDeSanta

Sep 19, 2012
I like this. I really really like this. Mere words can not describe how much I like this. I can't wait to see more.

Angel Molina

Mar 23, 2011
V3rtig0 said:
Since everyone is doing their "Yahtzee looks like X" things, I'll add mine:
I'm definitely seeing a bit of Gordon Freeman:

vs

No?
0_o... Mind = blown!

OT: I really liked this show, I am definitely looking forward to the next installment.