Jim Sterling in court.

Gades

Jul 13, 2016
Romine has officially discontinued his GoFundme page https://www.gofundme.com/47uexn9c

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
You're spoiling the moment by using autoplay. Otherwise, good news, all around.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States

Twas never a matter of if, only when. Still, it's good to close the book on this very stupid chapter. And Jim very clearly has the next Jimquisition lined up for this. The timing here all works out very nicely, as he can start recording and editing right away, seeing as he has the whole week to prepare. Oh this is going to be glorious.

minkus_draconus

Sep 8, 2011
Cap said:
PainInTheAssInternet said:
Ima Lemming said:
While I'd love for the case to get thrown out tomorrow so Jim could move on with his life, I agree. It would also set the precedent that you can't sue for lost revenue when somebody called your shit products shit (I think? Not a lawyer here).
I'm not sure if the precedent would go that far, but my concern is the total lack of it. If someone else gets sue-happy down the line, they can't learn from Romnie's mistakes because the message being sent here is not "the argument is abusive and nonsensical" but rather "the Romnie's were too incompetent to correctly state their case." On more moral grounds, I really don't like it when people lose not due to the morality and strength of their arguments but because the judicial process is so hung up on the smallest of technicalities. James' stupidity is actively preventing justice and the justice system won't look past that to address the core issue.
I'd not impossible he might get labeled vexatious; that'd sink his little boat right away.

Not likely, but not impossible. He's basically just making a nuisance of himself at this point.
Sadly it take a LOT to get labeled as vexatious. Look up the lawsuit history of the man who started "GOD HATES FAGS" church (I cant be bothered to google them).
I doubt this is anywhere in the ballpark of enough.

Cap'nPipsqueak

Jul 2, 2016
minkus_draconus said:
Sadly it take a LOT to get labeled as vexatious. Look up the lawsuit history of the man who started "GOD HATES FAGS" church (I cant be bothered to google them).
Well, on the bright side it was dismissed with prejudice, so he'll have to suck up whatever happens next.

Infernal Lawyer

Jan 28, 2013
minkus_draconus said:
Cap said:
PainInTheAssInternet said:
Ima Lemming said:
While I'd love for the case to get thrown out tomorrow so Jim could move on with his life, I agree. It would also set the precedent that you can't sue for lost revenue when somebody called your shit products shit (I think? Not a lawyer here).
I'm not sure if the precedent would go that far, but my concern is the total lack of it. If someone else gets sue-happy down the line, they can't learn from Romnie's mistakes because the message being sent here is not "the argument is abusive and nonsensical" but rather "the Romnie's were too incompetent to correctly state their case." On more moral grounds, I really don't like it when people lose not due to the morality and strength of their arguments but because the judicial process is so hung up on the smallest of technicalities. James' stupidity is actively preventing justice and the justice system won't look past that to address the core issue.
I'd not impossible he might get labeled vexatious; that'd sink his little boat right away.

Not likely, but not impossible. He's basically just making a nuisance of himself at this point.
It might still have, but we'll never know since they essentially both agreed to drop it.

Jan 19, 2011
Happy one year anniversary Escapist thread!
And just to think, court cases can go on for quite a while! This thread could still be safe to post in by next year!

Regardless, it now joins with the likes of the Scary Thread, Gun Thread, etc...