Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: A Tale of Two Poets

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
To be honest, I think that Yahtzee's poem about FTL was much better than the one he gave here:

But his weird, high-pitched salesman voice and the slightly psychotic grin that went with it saved it for me.

Defeated Detective

Sep 30, 2012
PunkRex said:
Yahtzee: Subtly mocking the PS4 with metaphors.
Jim: FUCK YOU XBOX!!!

They should have a sitcom.
Actually, the common theme of his 3 poems(Diablo 3, SimCity and Xbox rumored always online function) is "Always Online DRM".

thomaskattus

Dec 15, 2011
labbu said:
Am I the only one who thought Yahtzee was talking about the WiiU before he actually said 'PS4'?
I did at first, but once he got into more details about "the car" I realized it was the PS4 he was talking about. The fact that "the car" had not been released yet was a big clue.

Anyways, excellent performances gentlemen. I look forward to seeing more of your poetry in further episodes.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Okay... rhymes. o_O

No interesting videogame related discussions between two big names of the Escapist or whatever? Just rhymes?

...Oh...

Sir Shockwave

Jul 4, 2011
Chessrook44 said:
As an OCD person who always pays attention to the numbers of how long things go, repetitiveness, and making sure it always hits the same notes at the same points (One two three FOUR, five six sev EIGHT, because seven has two syllables and that can ruin the exactitude of the pattern) I have to say... Jim did it well and a nice job with the poetry. Yahtzee though... he started off strong, but it wasn't long before he seemed to lose track, the rhymes not showing up where they should have, and sometimes not even showing up at all. Or if they did I didn't notice them.

But then, I'm crazy. Gyahay.
As someone whose dabbled with this format a bit, I have to agree with Yahtzee simply not having any rhythm. Jim on the other hand seems to be more accomplished poet.

Mumorpuger

This is a...!
Apr 8, 2009
Falseprophet said:
To both these fine gentlemen:
We'd be not adverse
If every now and then
You'd treat us to more verse.
I wish people posting puns and captchas were half as clever as you.
The lack of creativity makes me want to spew.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Defeated Detective said:
PunkRex said:
Yahtzee: Subtly mocking the PS4 with metaphors.
Jim: FUCK YOU XBOX!!!

They should have a sitcom.
Actually, the common theme of his 3 poems(Diablo 3, SimCity and Xbox rumored always online function) is "Always Online DRM".
I apologise, fuck you NEW xbox.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
So...

I clicked on this by accident,

during the site header's fluctuations,

aiming for the newest Zero punctuation...

Never have I made a better miscalculation.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
I love you both. This was fantastic. <3

Entertaining and a treat to my ears.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I certainly hoped there will be more of this! Heh I guess this is the only time I ever watch a show with Jim in it.

demonflowers

Dec 4, 2010
You guys are AMAZING. Never stop making these videos. Escapist, I hope you are paying them mountains of money.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I approve of this addition to my Wednesday line up.

I'm sure these guys are going to have fun with this. XD

Seneschal

Blessed are the righteous
Jun 27, 2009
"A new series", oh god I hope this wasn't a one-off kind of thing. It was quite clever. And probably the first thing after Yahtzee's Wolfenstein review that makes people critique games and metre simultaneously.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
I really liked this.

Small criticism. I felt that Yahzee's structure started to unravel itself in the last third of his poem. But I didn't mind to much as I liked the word content. It was just a shame from a rhythm point of view.

I will await next episode with many glee.

However Wednesdays feel bloated now with: Zero Punctuation, Feed Dump, Extra Credits and now this. Ah well, can't complain. Just means I need to set-aside about three quarters of an hour to watch them all.