Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: Confessions of a Game Reviewer

Jim And Yahtzee

Apr 16, 2013
Confessions of a Game Reviewer

Put on your poetry hats and join two of the greatest wordsmiths of our generation as they fill your ears with verse.

Watch Video

Colonel Mustard

Jun 2, 2010
It's close, but I think victory has to go to Yahtzee for this one; that punchline was genius. That said, the David Cage bit in Jim's poem cracked me up.

Jan 12, 2012
The Shooter's Ball poem was really good. It's nice when they don't beat you over the head with a metaphor or write a poem so pointed it stabs through the screen; sometimes, it's better to just hear some light-hearted rhymes.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
+1 Respect for Jim.

Although that might just be from the joy of finding someone else who didn't think Witcher 2 was anything more than yet-another-fucking-fantasy-RPG.

On the other hand, if I find out that you gave Bioshock Infinite or The Last of Us anything less than an 8/10, God help me...

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Both great yet again. I liked Yahtzee's metaphors (grenade hitting on three other guys, very amusing) and Jim's punchline was brilliant.

I am kind of surprised that you disliked all of those games Jim, I haven't seen the reviews seeing as I don't often visit Destructoid, but most of the ones mentioned were reasonably good at the least. Although from what I have seen Destructoid reviews games more "realistically" where a 7/10 isn't "average" like so many seem to feel.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Man, these bring a smile to my face. Great way to start my Wednesday. In reference to what Jim wrote about: it's pretty funny how outraged people get when someone doesn't like a score something was given. I loved the shit out of The Witcher 2. I think that 7/10 for Heavy Rain was way too high. That game was not a good game, it would have have been a fine movie (albeit, one that would not have been to my taste either). See, we can all agree to disagree. BTW: Yahtzee's always make me laugh the most, his rhymes are all very very funny.

Mojo

Jun 2, 2011
Zhukov said:
Although that might just be from the joy of finding someone else who didn't think Witcher 2 was anything more than yet-another-fucking-fantasy-RPG.
I didn't like the Witcher 2 either that much to be honest.

On the other hand, if I find out that you gave Bioshock Infinite or The Last of Us anything less than an 8/10, God help me...
He didn't :D

OT: Great episode as always. I did enjoy Yahtzee's a bit more this week.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
It's great when a critic will stand firm in the face of rampant fanboyism and stupidity. Also loved the Shooter's Ball, the metaphor is hilarious.

Clovus

Mar 3, 2011
I was just thinking of David Cage and "eh-moh-shun" this morning. Thanks to the Jimquisition and this video, I have to think about that freaky tongue heavy hand-fan David Cage.

I agree that the Yahztee's punchline was pretty great.

AuronFtw

Nov 29, 2010
I lol'd so hard at the david cage line, obviously jim is lacking in polygons

Yahtzee's was quality as always.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Enjoyed them both, thanks escapist for hosting this. And Ben+Jim for making it :D

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
Both of those were fantastic! The only thing that could have been added to Yahtzee's poem was mention of being railroaded around the event. Unless that was his role as the speaker? If so, well played.

RatherDashing89

Jan 11, 2013
I love when Yahtzee actually talks about games (even Shooters!) being fun. I do think it's funny when people respond by asking why he didn't put in more negativity. He is capable of being positive, folks. This poem proves he can even be funny when he's being positive.