Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: Gaming Platforms & Cutlery

Jim And Yahtzee

Apr 16, 2013
Gaming Platforms & Cutlery

Put on your poetry hats and join two of the greatest wordsmiths of our generation as they fill your ears with verse.

Watch Video

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
0_0 Jim I never thought for a second that you, Yahtzee and TotalBiscuit sounded the same. In fact it baffles me that people think that you do.

Albatross727

Oct 30, 2013
I have heard it said that Jim tries to copy Yahtzee's sarcasm, but it's actually a surprisingly common medical condition which psychiatrists refer to as "cogitatio britannicus".

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Albatross727 said:
I have heard it said that Jim tries to copy Yahtzee's sarcasm, but it's actually a surprisingly common medical condition which psychiatrists refer to as "cogitatio britannicus".
There is a medication to treat it, but it's not commonly available outside the UK.

TBH, Jim sounds more like Diamanda Hagan than Yahtzee.

And before people criticise me for saying he sounds Irish, I said "more like."

As in, he's closer to her than Ben.

Pescetarian

Jul 6, 2010
Yeah, Yahtzee and his gaming industry analogies. It wears a bit thin when it's the title of the poem.

rednightmare

Apr 17, 2009
Wait, people think Jim sounds like Yathzee, really? No offense, but I feel Jim's accent is way more American then Yathzee's, probably because he has lived there for so long.
I honestly didn't even know he was British until he was part of the British expatriate panel at the Expo.

Psychobabble

. . . . . . . .
Aug 3, 2013
Brilliant analogy Yahtzee. So now that the console people have their new shinny but not very different spoons, I wonder how long it's going to be before more than a few become outraged by the lack of interesting new soups to eat. The quality of the spoon means fuck all compared to the quality of the meal. And so far "this" gen console buyers look to be on a starvation diet.

And Jim I'm calling bullshit. Try as you might to convince us that the UK is a land of varied and diverse peoples you are fooling no one. We all know that you Brits are enchanted from the bowels of the earth like the Orcs from Mordor.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Nice analogies. And as a northerner I hate the thought of all British people being grouped together under one accent (but excludes Scotland for some reason). Of course I could just be as vile and say there are only three accents in America, Redneck, "Standard" and New Yorkian.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
0_0 Jim I never thought for a second that you, Yahtzee and TotalBiscuit sounded the same. In fact it baffles me that people think that you do.
My thought exactly!!
I was like WhatTheFuck!!?? o_O

But two nice poems this week again :)

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
But you see this quite often (well I've noticed it a lot). Just because two people have a British accent they are said to sound the same regardless of which region they come from. You could (as Jim pointed out) compare it to hearing two Americans. One with Southern accent and one with an accent from let's say... Boston and have someone reckon that they both sound the same. Which they probably wouldn't.

Yahtzee's rhyme was pretty damn clever and Jim's had me laughing... though I am English too, so that might have helped.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
A Jim Sterling/Yogscast crossover is something I could get behind. Your laughs are different enough to tell you apart, Jim. :D (I'd actually never thought Jim sounded like anyone except himself, to the point of the matter.)

So is the trowel a PC or Wii U in this situation? I MUST KNOW. FOR... SCIENCE. Or something.

Brainplant

Jun 7, 2010
shrekfan246 said:
So is the trowel a PC or Wii U in this situation? I MUST KNOW. FOR... SCIENCE. Or something.
I imagine the Wii U is the spork of the gaming consoles

I also imagine the trowel is a ZX Spectrum in this situation

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Hang on, who ever said Jim and Yahtzee sound the same?

I don't know a damn thing about British accents, but I do have a functioning set of earholes and those two don't sound much like each other.

fleischwolke

Feb 8, 2010
IMHO this week goes to Yahtzee, although it was a pretty strong showing by Jim Sterling. Great series!

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
I walked away from that one confused at the lack of mind bleach required for Jim's poetry. I wasn't expecting it to not be twisted and warped!